Rumours of Canuck Trials

Gian-Luca

Don't know if there is anything to be made of this or not, a Rapids fan on bigsoccer.com has indicated that there is a Canuck on trial with Colorado, though he doesn't know who it is. He does say the coach of Colorado keeps a close eye on Jordan, Kindel & Biello. Don't know how much truth there is to this, I'll let the people who enjoy (& have the time) to investigate this.

Also unconfirmed reports on the Ultras forum that Adrian Serioux missed the last game with the Lynx not because of injury (and he wasn't in the stands or near the Lynx dressing room where the injured Lynx normally hang out) but because he has gone to France for a series of trials. We did hear whispers before the last match that someone on the Lynx was on his way to Europe, so perhaps this may be true.

"All them rock & roll writers are the worst kind of sleaze, selling punk like some new kind of English disease. Is that the wave of the future? Awww spare me please!" Frank Zappa, Joe's Garage (1979).

I haven't heard anything unfortunately. Will post if I do.

"All them rock & roll writers are the worst kind of sleaze, selling punk like some new kind of English disease. Is that the wave of the future? Awww spare me please!" Frank Zappa, Joe's Garage (1979).

Maybe going to an MLS team would give the likes of Jordan and Kindel a better chance of being discovered by a European scout considering few Whitecaps players get trials in Europe as a result of their A-League performances, unlike Lynx and Impact players.

You don't win friends with salad!

Apparently its been confirmed on the Toronto Ultras board that Serioux has indeed left for France for some club trials. Following France he will travel to Italy & then Germany. Good luck to Adrian, if all goes well we may have another Canuck playing abroad & another player that will no doubt be considered for national team duty (after all, what European-based players have not been called at least once by Holger? I think Kojic is the only one, and he hasn't been in Europe all that long yet, so his time may yet come).

Archived