The cableless days...(National Team Politics)

Gordon

15 years ago, I got married and declined to get cable until just a couple of years ago. I followed the national team via press reports - usually only write-ups of WCQ :(. I feel like a blind man at the Playboy Mansion [8D] reading Gian-Luca and Jeffery making veiled references to sinister or not so sinister goings on with the national team. Feeling my way through the dark, I think it is being suggested that Watson and Aunger were the axis of evil that did in both Radzinski and Aguiar with Pesch perhaps playing a role...(no doubt caused by his reluctance to play midfield which, with Radzinski in the fold, would be the logical place for him). I am also getting that Bobby L. was in over his head (in all ways perhaps, but referring specifically too managing the interpersonal dynamics on the team), and having been a teammate of the aforementioned axis of evil, choose sides. [:0] and that Holger continues to allow this to fester to varying degrees. Sounds to me like Aguiar-gate may indeed be able to last 2 weeks Ben [}:)]! Forgive me for seeming rather dim here if I got this all wrong.

Hopefully, Radzinski's ascension will be sufficiently high to warrant a biography that will shed some light on this story and this poor blind man will finally be able to see all of the glory in the Mansion :D

In a World full of caterpillars it takes balls to be a butterfly.

Actually I haven't been suggesting any of that. I said that I wouldn't be surprised if it were the case in Bobby's regime because it was evident that some sort of friction was going on, but have been downplaying the alleged extent of the "festering" in the current regime. And actually I have heard something else entirely with Watson's reasons for international retirement which I'd rather not get into on this forum.

As for Aunger I've never heard anything about him, always assumed Holger didn't use him because we simply had better players we could use.

Anyway, good luck for anyone to try talking to Radzinski about it - from what I've seen that isn't going to happen. :)

Well a lot of things can happen, when you're walking down the street, and it never fails to amaze me, the people that I meet. They all say "See you later" and I just answer "How? How will you see me later, when you can't see me now?" - Kevin Ayers, The Confessions of Dr. Dream & Other Stories (1974)

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Actually I haven't been suggesting any of that. I said that I wouldn't be surprised if it were the case in Bobby's regime because it was evident that some sort of friction was going on, but have been downplaying the alleged extent of the "festering" in the current regime. And actually I have heard something else entirely with Watson's reasons for international retirement which I'd rather not get into on this forum.

Sloppy writing on my part G-L. You were the "not-so-sinister" part of the "sinister and not so sinister references".

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

As for Aunger I've never heard anything about him, always assumed Holger didn't use him because we simply had better players we could use.

Anyway, good luck for anyone to try talking to Radzinski about it - from what I've seen that isn't going to happen. :)

Well a lot of things can happen, when you're walking down the street, and it never fails to amaze me, the people that I meet. They all say "See you later" and I just answer "How? How will you see me later, when you can't see me now?" - Kevin Ayers, The Confessions of Dr. Dream & Other Stories (1974)

Well you have to spice up those Biography's now don't you? :)

In a World full of caterpillars it takes balls to be a butterfly.

Archived