Good Luck on Sunday

Tartan Boy

Hi Everyone!

Looking forward to Sundays game with some interest due to the fact we play them in a couple of weeks and it's a must win for us Scots.

Was impressed with your style of play against us at Easter Road a few months back and i'm sure you will cause a few upsets in both Sunday's game and the up and coming Gold Cup.

After we drew 1-1 with New Zealand on Tueasday i'm not entirely convinced I can say the same about my own team but i'll wait untill I see the game on Sunday before I make any bold predictions!!!

P.S Was speaking to Kevin McKenna on Saturday and the guy is a true gentlemen. A real ambassador for you nation!:)

Heart of Midlothian FC - Pride of Edinburgh

Well thankyou very much for saying so. Have a feeling the majority of the fellows on this board think entirely the same things about Big Kev.

AND I was expecting a little help in the title race there couple of weeks back when your bunch had Rangers. Ug.

Minority of one

Well as the saying goes 'god helps those who help themselves'!

Think our 2-1 win at Tynecastle and the 1-1 draw at Dundee sealed your fate really.

The rest of my family are all Rangers fans so it was a happy household last week!

Speaking of International results, it seems that anything happens these days. What the Yanks call "parity", which is why they don't have relegation. Sounds like you daft Scots have done away with relgation as well, so you must have perfected absolute parity, short of the big firm that is!!!!

(joke);).

Really, thanks a lot for the comments, and good luck against the Germans yourself. The World Cup missed the Tartan Army last goaround, and Portugal would miss you guys too.

quote:Originally posted by Tartan Boy

Hi Everyone!

Looking forward to Sundays game with some interest due to the fact we play them in a couple of weeks and it's a must win for us Scots.

Was impressed with your style of play against us at Easter Road a few months back and i'm sure you will cause a few upsets in both Sunday's game and the up and coming Gold Cup.

I was at the match at Easter Road in October - in fact I visited, along with a few other Canuck supporters, the Scottish supporters bar filled with members of the Tartan Army (can't remember the exact name of it, but the letters "Heb" come to mind), so if you were there as well & remember a few Canadians, nice to see you again!

Thanks for the kind words - our style of play will likely be altered somewhat since we are going with a different line-up, in particular with the aforementioned Mr. McKenna likely as a striker (since the likes of De Rosario & Radzinski, who played against Scotland that night, are not available). McKenna's obviously more of a target man than a speedster, so I expect our style will be adjusted accordingly. Hopefully Paul Fenwick will play a little better against Germany than he did against Scotland on that night in Edinburgh!

Well a lot of things can happen, when you're walking down the street, and it never fails to amaze me, the people that I meet. They all say "See you later" and I just answer "How? How will you see me later, when you can't see me now?" - Kevin Ayers, The Confessions of Dr. Dream & Other Stories (1974)

I was going to say thanks for the hospitality in Edinburgh as well. The whole day was great (bits of the match weren't so great, but so be it) and the Tartan Army treated us well.

Yeah it was the Heb Bar Edinburgh we were in for awhile in the afternoon. And then Milne's after that right?

Anyway I'm looking forward to the Scots stuffing Germany next week. My only fear is that McKenna will play great and Berti will think Kevin Kyle's the answer for the Scots.

cheers,

matthew

The secret of life is to find moments of levity and grace in what is, ultimately, a tragedy. Watching Canadian soccer is good practice for this.

Archived