Voyageurs gatherings?

mattbin

Are any of the Toronto Voyageurs interested in getting together for either the Canada-Germany game, or for Monday's playoff game?

I'm off work for the week and plan to spend as much of my free time as my wife will allow watching soccer...

Allez les Rouges,

M@

It's on at 4:00pm on Sunday. Is that a tape delay? Wasn't sure what time the game was on in Germany, though I guess the game would have to take place at least a couple of hours earlier than that.

Still, it's not like anyone's going to see the game any earlier...

Allez les Rouges,

M@

Well, I'll be gathering in Wolfsburg (and Hannover from Friday night). Any of you guys I met in Edinburgh planning to be there?

Wolfsburg not exactly being, like, a party city, I was intending to make a late arrival prior to the game. But I now have to be there well before 3pm (game kick-off 7pm) to collect my ticket. So a long Sunday afternoon in Wolfsburg awaits...

quote:Originally posted by Varsity Tyler

Well even though I showed some interest in a gathering, it looks as if I'll be working until 6:00 on Saturday. I guess I'll just have to set the VCR and watch it when I get home.

No problem, the game is on Sunday. :)

Here is the full schedule (sorry for using Eastern time):

JUNE 1

1:00 PM EDT - Kickoff

4:00 PM EDT - Sportsnet East, Ontario, West & Pacific

JUNE 2

1:00 PM EDT - Sportsnet Ontario

2:00 PM EDT - Sportsnet East

JUNE 4

10:00 PM EDT - Sportsnet West

10:30 PM EDT - Sportsnet Pacific

quote:Originally posted by DJT

No problem, the game is on Sunday. :)

Well thank god for that. I thought I was the one who was confused.

Right for once... well, I was due...

So anyone want to get together, then? I don't plan to check the score before the game's on...

Allez les Rouges,

M@

quote:Originally posted by Rupert

Well, I'll be gathering in Wolfsburg (and Hannover from Friday night). Any of you guys I met in Edinburgh planning to be there?

Unforunately I think Lorne is the only probable person you may see out of the Edinburgh gang. The rest of us seem to be saving up for the Gold Cup - and I'm doing long term savings so I can see Canada play in Germany in 2006! :)

Have fun, let us know how it goes & your thoughts on the match sitting in the stands.

"All them rock & roll writers are the worst kind of sleaze, selling punk like some new kind of English disease. Is that the wave of the future? Awww spare me please!" Frank Zappa, Joe's Garage (1979).

Okay, so is anyone else looking to get together at Scally's or somewhere to watch the game tomorrow afternoon? Only JayWay has replied so far... what about the rest of you Ultras and such?

I mean, we had a group of four in Ottawa for the US match, surely we can get more than that together in Toronto, can't we?

So who's in? Where should we do this? Anyone? Bueller?

Allez les Rouges,

M@

Okay, so is anyone else looking to get together at Scally's or somewhere to watch the game tomorrow afternoon? Only JayWay has replied so far... what about the rest of you Ultras and such?

I mean, we had a group of four in Ottawa for the US match, surely we can get more than that together in Toronto, can't we?

So who's in? Where should we do this? Anyone? Bueller?

Allez les Rouges,

M@

4pm at Scallywags, Yonge & St. Clair.

Well a lot of things can happen, when you're walking down the street, and it never fails to amaze me, the people that I meet. They all say "See you later" and I just answer "How? How will you see me later, when you can't see me now?" - Kevin Ayers, The Confessions of Dr. Dream & Other Stories (1974)

Archived