Match Thread: April 28, 2024 - Cavalry v Pacific

rhodes says pacific squad is fully available but surprise surprise they only bring 16 players to this game...no gazdov as melvin starts and they have someone named zadravec on the bench as backup whom theyve never announced

2 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Our defense is better without Didic

Interesting observation, it is early in the season, from the bits I have watched they look fairly comfortable and well organized, what do you feel the difference is? I rate Didic btw and was hoping Forge were going to sign him!

Still too early to tell if Pacific's backline will be better this year with Didic gone. I do prefer Meilleur-Giguère out of the two of them so I'm glad he's still with the team. TMG had another strong game today - tidy clearances, no silly fouls and composed on the ball. 

2 hours ago, gator said:

Interesting observation, it is early in the season, from the bits I have watched they look fairly comfortable and well organized, what do you feel the difference is? I rate Didic btw and was hoping Forge were going to sign him!

I think the biggest difference is not conceding goals 

37 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I think the biggest difference is not conceding goals 

Sorry, that's facetious. I haven't even watched most of today's match, so it's pretty hard to say. I think the goaltending, the organization of the back line, and the shape in front of them have all improved based on minimal opportunities to observe them so far. I haven't looked at stats, but I don't recall a strerch we ever went this long without conceding, particularly with two different keepers, though 

Edited by Aird25