Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Preliminary Round - Cavalry v Vancouver FC - April 23, 2024

1 hour ago, nolando said:

Cameron is better at RB than LB, imo. An aside, apparently he was mostly a striker when playing BCSPL for North Van FC. He looks like he has added a lot of muscle in the off-season. Appropriate they call him Terminator.

He looked like a well built athlete last year, considering his age.  After watching him live last season as well on video, he might actually develop into a good CB with those athletic strengths.

19 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

He looked like a well built athlete last year, considering his age.  After watching him live last season as well on video, he might actually develop into a good CB with those athletic strengths.

After watching him at far post on the goal, either the guy scoring is a really  big dude or Cameron is shorter than I thought.

15 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

After watching him at far post on the goal, either the guy scoring is a really  big dude or Cameron is shorter than I thought.

Warschewski? I think he’s a pretty big guy soccer in soccer terms. Odd play as well

Edited by Aird25

40 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Cameron is right around six feet, but it was Irving who looked to be really lacking height (or hops or leadership) in that goalmouth scramble.

The more I think about it, the more I am sure Vancouver was just outcoached last night.

No real tactical shift with the man advantage; in fact we seemed to be playing a tonne of passbacks and square balls instead of truly attacking. It was VFC's game and the manager just simply failed to reach out and grasp it.

I also think TJ should have come on for Bitar for the last 15 minutes or so. My concerns about the youngsters not playing much will soon be a broken record.

Vancouver looked like a team that added a lot of CPL squad players instead of a lot of CPL impact players.

And I will continie my great skepticism of what Wero Dias is bringing to this side, which to me looks like precious little.

Just now, narduch said:

Wouldn't it be up to the CSA to provide the balls for the Voyageurs Cup? It's their tournament.

It's not run by the CPL

That may be it, not a big enough tournament for a ball to be official. 

Looking at this, I see the CPL does use Derbystar, which is what VFC expected to play with at Spruce Groves.

https://northerntribune.ca/canadian-premier-league-match-ball-2024-2025/

6 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

That may be it, not a big enough tournament for a ball to be official. 

Looking at this, I see the CPL does use Derbystar, which is what VFC expected to play with at Spruce Groves.

https://northerntribune.ca/canadian-premier-league-match-ball-2024-2025/

I tried looking at the highlights of both the 1st 2 Canadian Championship games and the ball does look similar