Canadians Abroad February 23rd to February 29th

jordan

2 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Alghamdi starts on the bench today. They only have 4 outfield subs listed. Are Al Ittihad in danger of folding?!

Was their first sub, entering in the 58th minute.  I told my friend who was watching to let me know how he does.  Controlling most of the play but currently losing 1-0 in 67th minute.  Benzema failed to convert a penalty.

Edit - Apparently he was taking corners.

Edited by Corazon

53 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Was their first sub, entering in the 58th minute.  I told my friend who was watching to let me know how he does.  Controlling most of the play but currently losing 1-0 in 67th minute.  Benzema failed to convert a penalty.

Two late goals and they win 2-1

This past weekend weekend Daniel Ropar (Lokomotiva) and Jovan Ivanisevic (Istra 1961) played full 90 minutes in the Croatian junior(u19) league. In the central junior regional league Domenik Bozic played 71 minutes for Dinamo Zagreb u18's while for NK Ravince Ivan Cutura(Kitchener) played 90',Davor Buric(Vancouver) 45' and Niko Knezovic(Oakville) 68" .

Dominik Ropar (2007) scored for NK Trnje u17's.

Edited by to70

6 hours ago, to70 said:

This past weekend weekend Daniel Ropar (Lokomotiva) and Jovan Ivanisevic (Istra 1961) played full 90 minutes in the Croatian junior(u19) league. In the central junior regional league Domenik Bozic played 71 minutes for Dinamo Zagreb u18's while for NK Ravince Ivan Cutura(Kitchener) played 90',Davor Buric(Vancouver) 45' and Niko Knezovic(Oakville) 68" .

Dominik Ropar (2007) scored for NK Trnje u17's.

you gotta figure one of these boys would be at least 10% interested in playing for Canada, right? LOL

2 hours ago, El Diego said:

Bair starting versus Livingston, big chance for Motherwell to get 3 points against bottom of the table

Johnston starting versus Dundee

Hoilett on the bench versus St. Johnstone

Bair got an assist on Motherwell’s 3rd goal in a 3-1 win.

Johnston got an assist on Celtic’s 2nd goal in 7-1 thrashing over Dundee.

Hoilett played the final 29 minutes in a 2-0 loss to St. Johnstone. 

Edited by Corazon

3 hours ago, Corazon said:

Portugal

Eustaquio on the bench for FC Porto today against Santa Clara in the cup.  Went down 1-0 early but scored a couple quick goals in the 2nd half.  Currently up 2-1 in the 65th minute.

Remained on the bench as Porto won 2-1 and only used 3 subs.

This is the Portuguese Cup, not the Portuguese Leagues Cup, correct?

I believe they were knocked out of that one, and with Porto behind in the league, this would be their only real chance at Silverware unless they have a miracle run at the Champions League.

• jordan unpinned this topic