Match Thread: World Cup Group B - Matchday 3 - Canada v Australia - July 31, 2023 - 6 am ET / 3 am PT / 8 pm local time

3 minutes ago, vancanman said:

If Ireland score a goal, we finish last in the group?  I can hear the Australians I work with now:  How on Earth did you guys win the Olympic gold medal?

Four draws. The Olympic win perhaps disguised a lot of issues?

3 minutes ago, vancanman said:

If Ireland score a goal, we finish last in the group?  I can hear the Australians I work with now:  How on Earth did you guys win the Olympic gold medal?

You are expecting Ireland to get 4 points for a win? Or take away 1 of our points for a blowout?

6 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

You are expecting Ireland to get 4 points for a win? Or take away 1 of our points for a blowout?

I'll admit I'm terrible at math, so feel free to tell me where I went wrong:

If Ireland get a goal (and Nigeria don't), Ireland and Canada are level on four points, and Ireland finish 3rd on goal difference.

Again, I know I'm crap with numbers.

As it stands:

Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 20.30.14.png

Edited by vancanman

1 minute ago, vancanman said:

I'll admit I'm terrible at math, so feel free to tell me where I went wrong:

If Ireland get a goal (and Nigeria don't), Ireland and Canada are level on four points, and Ireland finish 3rd on goal difference.

Again, I know I'm crap with numbers.

Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 20.30.14.png

That's the live score. They started today with 0 pts. If Ireland wins, they would be 1-0-2 = 3 pts and we are at 4 pts already.

This is who won the Olympic gold medal? Really this team you're joking right? How are you losing to Australia right now? Going out in the group stage like F*** OUTTA HERE I'm sorry like I'm allowed to be pissed off and angry at this performance 

5 minutes ago, maplebanana said:

That's the live score. They started today with 0 pts. If Ireland wins, they would be 1-0-2 = 3 pts and we are at 4 pts already.

AHHHHHHHH.  I stand corrected, thank you

My math skills are like Lenarduzzi's coaching.

EDIT:  On the bright side, somehow this team isn't finishing bottom of the group.

Edited by vancanman