Match Thread: July 10, 2022 - Valour v HFX Wanderers

I’d love to see Tabi get some more playing time.  Gander has been solid since he broke into the starting lineup but I really though Tabi looked like he had a lot of potential when he was out there.

Hart has subbed him in as a forward late in games, if Marshall doesn’t show much I’d like to Tabi enter for the 2nd half.

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I’d love to see Tabi get some more playing time.  Gander has been solid since he broke into the starting lineup but I really though Tabi looked like he had a lot of potential when he was out there.

Hart has subbed him in as a forward late in games, if Marshall doesn’t show much I’d like to Tabi enter for the 2nd half.

Have you ever seen Marshall show much???  lol A little scared with Salter out - our attack is anemic even with him in. 

I think this might be a good chance for someone to step up and grab this team by the horns. If not - we are in some trouble.

5 minutes ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Have you ever seen Marshall show much???  lol A little scared with Salter out - our attack is anemic even with him in. 

I think this might be a good chance for someone to step up and grab this team by the horns. If not - we are in some trouble.

Totally agree, Marshall hasn’t really shown much.  Good for a couple of quick touches but that’s it.  I’m hoping Garcia has a strong game he hasn’t been starting so he needs to make the most of this opportunity.

2 minutes ago, jonovision said:

How close was the ball to being in before Akio cleared it? Looked over the line from a million miles away in the stadium.

It wasn’t over, very close though.  I’d say similar to the ball Phonzie kept in against Panama before he scored his goal.  Just half an inch.

Edited by Lurker

Fun game, glad it didn't end 0-0 with the Akio snafu. 

Is this how HFX always plays? Boring as sin? 

Of the two new Valour players, #20 left more of an impression on the match. #10 didn't stand out good or bad, for me. Aside from his goal boner, Akio looked off. Other than that the usual suspects looked good. Levis looked better than I'm used to seeing him.