Match Thread: June 19, 2022 - HFX Wanderers v Forge

Great day weather wise, took a look at Ticketmaster and there appears to be less then 500 tickets left, close to a sell out.  Really hoping the Boys in Blue come out hard in this one after the 4-0 drubbing we witnessed last time Forge was here.

Happy Fathers Day to all you old buggers out there like me.  Stay on your feet Salter! (and find the back of the net, thanks in advance, haha).

Also, what the hell has happened to our roster depth. The bench seems to be mostly young players as of late.

Johnny Grant injured as always, Nanco might be in the same boat again but haven't heard much. And ffs I wish we could get an update on Krutzen's recovery sometime soon... I remember initially hearing July.

Is Metsula still not back from international duty, or does he have a knock now too?

8 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

He has a tendency to do too much at times, but Choiniere has really taken over games as of late. Finally has a footing of a full-time starter role and at age 25 I have to think he's ready to move up after this season.

Choiniere is maybe the 5th or 6th best guy on Forge but he'd be the best attackign player by far on 3 or 4 of the rosters in the league. Watching Cavalry and Forge makes it get tough to be excited about the rest of the season as a fan of one of the other teams.

6 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Choiniere is maybe the 5th or 6th best guy on Forge but he'd be the best attackign player by far on 3 or 4 of the rosters in the league. Watching Cavalry and Forge makes it get tough to be excited about the rest of the season as a fan of one of the other teams.

About 10 games into the season and it feels like the top 4 is already set

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

It's Cavalry and Forge, and then everyone else.

Yup. That is obvious now

Maybe Pacific and Atletico come back to earth so that Valour, York & HFX can pretend to still be chasing 4th.

Edited by narduch

Another comprehensive victory for Forge who really seem to be finding their form, I had many early season concerns about this team but they seem to have patched up the CB position after looking vulnerable after the injuries and many chances are being created! I know it must be disappointing for the HFX crowd but good on them for showing up in large numbers and most seemed to stay to the bitter end, it looks like a fun day out!

Forge was the much better team on the day. It was a nice consolation that Wanderers fought hard in the second half and created some chances. I think at the end of the day Forge is just a much stronger club then we are. From my view we will have to acquire some help if we are going to chase down Pacific or Ottawa for a playoff spot.

3 minutes ago, Big_M said:

#HartOut

I think the issue there is management seems to be in love with Hart. The other issue is he is a really likeable guy and the fans for the most part really like him. That being said Wanderers are no where near as good as we should be considering we have by the far the top support and revenue in the league. We should be of the same quality as Hamilton and Calgary - instead we are always in the bottom half of the table. I mean Forge has beat us at home 4-0 and 3-0. The club is no where near good enough.