Jump to content

Match Thread: Semi-Finals - November 20, 2021 - Cavalry v Pacific


narduch
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Big_M said:

yeah ball was in...excellent by linesman to not call it out...and carducci putting his arm up calling for it to be out before its even close to being out...thats why youre playing at this level marco...moments of lack of concentration and mistake

There weren't many angles on the replay but I saw nothing that looked like it was close to being in, if it was, good on the AR but I am doubtful!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, gator said:

There weren't many angles on the replay but I saw nothing that looked like it was close to being in, if it was, good on the AR but I am doubtful!

Some guy on Twitter shared a screen shot that he thought proved it was out, but only reinforced what an amazing non-call it was by the AR. Once more, for those in the back....just because you can see the line on the inside of the ball, it doesn't mean it's out!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SthMelbRed said:

Some guy on Twitter shared a screen shot that he thought proved it was out, but only reinforced what an amazing non-call it was by the AR. Once more, for those in the back....just because you can see the line on the inside of the ball, it doesn't mean it's out!

Yes, I took a screen shot from the only angle I had, it was too large to post here but in fact it does look like that was a great non call!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Some guy on Twitter shared a screen shot that he thought proved it was out, but only reinforced what an amazing non-call it was by the AR. Once more, for those in the back....just because you can see the line on the inside of the ball, it doesn't mean it's out!

Panama was robbed on the Phonzie goal, just to be coherent guys. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

But they weren't. The entirety of the ball had not fully crossed the line when AD dragged it back. This is very clear in the videos of the play.

We're missing the video from the opposite side of the field that proves it was out, like the PFC goal tonight. 

I'm talking about the video you use if you don't understand the rules. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

We're missing the video from the opposite side of the field that proves it was out, like the PFC goal tonight. 

I'm talking about the video you use if you don't understand the rules. 

Are you suggesting that there's a secret video out there that shows the ball being out, contradicting the widely seen videos that strongly suggest that the ball was still in?

Also, are you implying that, despite my qualifications through the English FA and Football Australia, my years of experience refereeing youth, amateur, and semi-professional football, and my monthly attendance at refereeing branch seminars, that I don't understand the basic principle of the ball being in/out of play?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Are you suggesting that there's a secret video out there that shows the ball being out, contradicting the widely seen videos that strongly suggest that the ball was still in?

Also, are you implying that, despite my qualifications through the English FA and Football Australia, my years of experience refereeing youth, amateur, and semi-professional football, and my monthly attendance at refereeing branch seminars, that I don't understand the basic principle of the ball being in/out of play?

Sorry, I was ironizing in my first post and just kept up the ruse in my second. Apologies. 

For me, watching CPL, it was not clearly out and I'm sure the linesman saw it perfectly. As did the excellent linesman with the bird's eye view on the Davies goal. 

As a Spain fan I refer to the disallowed Morientes goal vs South Korea in 2002.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

Sorry, I was ironizing in my first post and just kept up the ruse in my second. Apologies. 

For me, watching CPL, it was not clearly out and I'm sure the linesman saw it perfectly. As did the excellent linesman with the bird's eye view on the Davies goal. 

As a Spain fan I refer to the disallowed Morientes goal vs South Korea in 2002.

Thanks for clarifying. I misread your intent in your previous post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Big_M said:

^ whats the highest senior level you refereed out of curiosity? NPL? Still at it?

I've done NPL U18s, but not Seniors. The annual fitness test for the NPL panel is pretty intense. At my age, I'm not willing to commit to the training program I'd need to pass the test, when I can pass the State League panel fitness test fairly easily without having to train any more than I already do. Even if I passed the NPL fitness test, it's unlikely that I'd get many, if any, NPL appointments ahead of the referees that have been refereeing in Victoria for many years longer than I have.

I generally referee in the State Leagues. Although I can technically do up to State League 1, I'm one rung below the expected grading level for regular State 1 and/or 2 Senior appointments. Unfortunately, as my own club's Senior team plays in State 3, that has essentially locked me in as a State 4 and 5 Senior referee, but I also do State 1 and 2 Reserves middles and Seniors AR. My plan is to get regular State 1 and 2 Senior middles within 2 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's funny because at first glance even with the replay I thought that ball was well out and I posted that, when I did my own home version of VAR it looks like it was an excellent non call, I have only seen one angle that can be conclusive, the shot from behind the net doesn't show the ball on the line!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

I've done NPL U18s, but not Seniors. The annual fitness test for the NPL panel is pretty intense. At my age, I'm not willing to commit to the training program I'd need to pass the test, when I can pass the State League panel fitness test fairly easily without having to train any more than I already do. Even if I passed the NPL fitness test, it's unlikely that I'd get many, if any, NPL appointments ahead of the referees that have been refereeing in Victoria for many years longer than I have.

I generally referee in the State Leagues. Although I can technically do up to State League 1, I'm one rung below the expected grading level for regular State 1 and/or 2 Senior appointments. Unfortunately, as my own club's Senior team plays in State 3, that has essentially locked me in as a State 4 and 5 Senior referee, but I also do State 1 and 2 Reserves middles and Seniors AR. My plan is to get regular State 1 and 2 Senior middles within 2 years.

Cool, nice to have a high level ref on the board...think a lot of games from Australia are on youtube so if you are reffing games available on youtube let us know

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Cool, nice to have a high level ref on the board...think a lot of games from Australia are on youtube so if you are reffing games available on youtube let us know

My greatest claim to refereeing online fame is that I'm in a video on the Premier League website from about 4-5 years ago. I went with a bunch of London FA referees to Warwick University for the day for a Premier League welcome event for the newest U9 academy kids from all over the country. That's the youngest age that you can officially enter a top-level academy in the UK. I'm in the promotional video from the event for about 2 seconds refereeing a Spurs U9 team versus, I think West Brom U9s. 😄 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, gator said:

It's funny because at first glance even with the replay I thought that ball was well out and I posted that, when I did my own home version of VAR it looks like it was an excellent non call, I have only seen one angle that can be conclusive, the shot from behind the net doesn't show the ball on the line!

The Pacific guy knew that you should always play the whistle in a scenario like that while Cavalry's keeper and several defenders didn't. The Cavalry defence were also not all on the same page on whether they were going for an offside on the first Pacific goal so definite questions to be asked about how well organized they are for those who want to give Tommy Wheeldon the heave ho (that would be foolish, IMO) :

https://twitter.com/Hollefreund/status/1462203024634384387

Although the ball was almost certainly not all the way over the line, the reason the Cavalry will still probably feel aggrieved about having their whole season revolve around that call is that the defending team normally gets the benefit of any doubt.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/20/2021 at 2:44 PM, jonovision said:

Wasn't there a major refereeing error that also went against Cavalry in 2019? In the final?

What a black eye for the league.

York are going to have to do the job to have a even barely likeable side to win the cup.

Ouch. Our team is not even "barely likeable"? 

How about we point the finger at a candidate for the worst goalkeeping error of the year. That shot had no right going in from that angle. Keeper had it totally covered but decided that jumping up and gesticulating wildly was more effective than simply stopping the ball. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...