Canadians Abroad August 27th to September 2nd

jordan

46 minutes ago, Dinozotti said:

Belal Halbouni CB, played a very sharp game in a 4-0 win. Played the whole 90 once again. Great passing from the back and great in the air.

He's got some stiff competition for a place on their 1st team. Both CBs have lots of B1 experience...unless 1 gets moved 

On 8/28/2021 at 10:48 AM, youllneverwalkalone said:

I'd better look at the League One table again after a few years. Sutton United? Last I remember they were playing in the Greater Humpstead South Division.

I saw them at Gander Green Lane in 2009 when they were in the Isthmian League Premier Division, the 7th division of English football. On the night future Canadian International Gavin McCallum started. He would later go onto score for Canada at Venezuela in his lone international cap. At 34 he is still toiling in non-league football. 

14 hours ago, Cblake said:

I saw them at Gander Green Lane in 2009 when they were in the Isthmian League Premier Division, the 7th division of English football. On the night future Canadian International Gavin McCallum started. He would later go onto score for Canada at Venezuela in his lone international cap. At 34 he is still toiling in non-league football. 

So I’m not the only Voyageur to have been to Gander Green Lane.  My experience was in 1991 and the place was this rickety old stadium behind the railway tracks.  

54 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So I’m not the only Voyageur to have been to Gander Green Lane.  My experience was in 1991 and the place was this rickety old stadium behind the railway tracks.  

I think it’s pretty much the same to this day, has the small grandstand with a great little club house under it. There were about 400 people their that night. It was only a few years ago when Sutton hosted Arsenal in the FA Cup and the place was jammed to the rafters and beyond, squishing people in just about every place they could. 

8 minutes ago, Cblake said:

I think it’s pretty much the same to this day, has the small grandstand with a great little club house under it. There were about 400 people their that night. It was only a few years ago when Sutton hosted Arsenal in the FA Cup and the place was jammed to the rafters and beyond, squishing people in just about every place they could. 

The pasties were on point that day.

EFL Trophy

- Corbeanu goes 90' for Sheffield Wednesday in a 3-0 win over the Newcastle U23s .  Drew a handful of fouls and had three shots - saved, wide and blocked - according to the text commentary. 

- Leutwiler gets his second start for Oldham Athletic, 90' minutes and a clean sheet in a 1-0 win over Salford City, 

• jordan unpinned this topic