Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jordan

Canadians Abroad July 24th to 30th

Recommended Posts

  • In this thread post match updates on all Canadians for July 24th to 30th
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strait Red said:

Scott Kennedy starts for Klagenfurt vs. Amstetten.

Klagenfurt has 2 games remaining in the season and are in first place by 3 points in the promotion race to the Austrian Bundesliga.

Watching on a feed with no commentary, Kennedy started and wears #2, in the back. Amstetten was up 1-0 into the 2nd half and taking it to them, are actually outplaying them-- but Klagenfurt just got a goal back, tied 1-1 m, m. 65.

And the rival just missed another one, they are oddly motivated for a midtable team playing for "nothing".

In the rival match Ried was also tied 1-1 at the same point of the 2nd half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Watching on a feed with no commentary, Kennedy started and wears #2, in the back. Amstetten was up 1-0 into the 2nd half and taking it to them, are actually outplaying them-- but Klagenfurt just got a goal back, tied 1-1 m, m. 65.

And the rival just missed another one, they are oddly motivated for a midtable team playing for "nothing".

In the rival match Ried was also tied 1-1 at the same point of the 2nd half.

Staying exciting: the rival Ried is ahead 2-3 with 10 men, while Klagenfurt just missed a penalty to stay 3 pts ahead. They seem nervous and are not really dominating the way they should.

And now they have a penalty against, and are losing with a few minutes left, Ried goes top if they are tied on points. Going to be tough to promote this way.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Watching on a feed with no commentary, Kennedy started and wears #2, in the back. Amstetten was up 1-0 into the 2nd half and taking it to them, are actually outplaying them-- but Klagenfurt just got a goal back, tied 1-1 m, m. 65.

And the rival just missed another one, they are oddly motivated for a midtable team playing for "nothing".

In the rival match Ried was also tied 1-1 at the same point of the 2nd half.

Staying exciting: the rival Ried is ahead 2-3 with 10 men, while Klagenfurt just missed a penalty to stay 3 pts ahead. They seem nervous and are not really dominating the way they should.

And now they have a penalty against, they are not in control. Going to be tough to promote this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Staying exciting: the rival Ried is ahead 2-3 with 10 men, while Klagenfurt just missed a penalty to stay 3 pts ahead. They seem nervous and are not really dominating the way they should.

And now they have a penalty against, and are losing with a few minutes left, Ried goes top if they are tied on points. Going to be tough to promote this way.

Ried has the better goal differential by 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Staying exciting: the rival Ried is ahead 2-3 with 10 men, while Klagenfurt just missed a penalty to stay 3 pts ahead. They seem nervous and are not really dominating the way they should.

And now they have a penalty against, they are not in control. Going to be tough to promote this way.

So they are tied on points with the rival Ried having the deciding edge. They have to win and hope for the rival to not win on the last day. They really screwed up, you could see they were nervous. And it seriously looked like the other team was playing for a "bonus".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Strait Red said:

Ried has the better goal differential by 1.

It that how it is decided, overall goals in favour?

Ried was playing a team fighting to avoid relegation today, and next week the same, so their rivals really should be fighting hard.

Are you saying that if Klagenfurt win and roll up the score, they'd promote?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It that how it is decided, overall goals in favour?

Ried was playing a team fighting to avoid relegation today, and next week the same, so their rivals really should be fighting hard.

Are you saying that if Klagenfurt win and roll up the score, they'd promote?

To be honest, I’m not sure.

it could be wins Ried has 19 and Klagenfurt has 18.

we’ll have to do some research and see what we can find.

its a tight race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eustaquio goes 90 in a 3-3 tie.

Pacos finishes the season mid table. 

Not sure what happens with Eustaquio now, his loan is over and I don’t think Cruz Azul want him back. I’m not sure whether Pacos had a deal to purchase him or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strait Red said:

Eustaquio goes 90 in a 3-3 tie.

Pacos finishes the season mid table. 

Not sure what happens with Eustaquio now, his loan is over and I don’t think Cruz Azul want him back. I’m not sure whether Pacos had a deal to purchase him or not.

It wouldn’t be that surprising if he was given a shot Cruz Azul now that he’s back to full fitness. They did pay a decent fee for him before his injury 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

It wouldn’t be that surprising if he was given a shot Cruz Azul now that he’s back to full fitness. They did pay a decent fee for him before his injury 

But when they purchased him, they had a Portuguese manager. When he was fired, the new coach didn’t want Eustaquio. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

But when they purchased him, they had a Portuguese manager. When he was fired, the new coach didn’t want Eustaquio. 

Ah i didn’t know the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turkey

Ferdi Kadioglu starts against Rizespor. 90 in a 3, assures the 3rd goal

Serbia Friendly

Milan Borjan starts against Napredak, 90 in a 2-1 win

Scotland

Arfield is on the bench for today’s friendly with Coventry. Lots of games in the year but I expect Arfield will be playing much less this year. 28 in a 2-0 win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hutchinson subbed out at 87 min..besiktas wins 3-0 and move to third and qualify for cl..now the big question..is this the end of the road for Hutchinson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Hutchinson subbed out at 87 min..besiktas wins 3-0 and move to third and qualify for cl..now the big question..is this the end of the road for Hutchinson

He signed a contract for next season already (I think)

Fotmob rated him an 8.6 today and MOTM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Tesho Akindele starts for Orlando City vs Montreal.

Kamal Miller is on the bench to start.

Sam Piette and Zachary Brault-Guillard start for Montreal

Anthony Jackson-Hamel, Joel Waterman, Karifa Yao,  Clement Bayiha, Shamit Shome and Mathieu Choniere start on the substitutes bench.

Ballou-Tabla is injured (groin).

 

80BBE757-9795-4BC5-AE94-7C1F75511E2D.jpeg

Edited by Strait Red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...