Match Thread: October 26, 2019 - Forge FC v Cavalry FC - Finals - 1st Leg

narduch

3 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Don't know much about this ref, but there's always a problem with a certain type of keen to impress stickler who has never played the game themselves and is not able to see things from a player's perspective.

Are there refs who have never played the game themselves?

51 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Forge appeal the Borges red card. Now we will see whether CPL have the guts to overturn a blatantly incorrect sending off.

https://canpl.ca/article/forge-fc-appeals-tristan-borges-leg-1-red-card

it would be the CSA, they handle discipline.  In watching the replay, I didn't see anything that Borges did that would meet the definition of serious foul play or violent conduct and the referee was right there.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

50 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Forge appeal the Borges red card. Now we will see whether CPL have the guts to overturn a blatantly incorrect sending off.

https://canpl.ca/article/forge-fc-appeals-tristan-borges-leg-1-red-card

I hope they do but I hold no hope it is overturned, I have watched this so many times and I don't stray from my opinion on watching it live, Borges got up and kicked out angrily and who can blame him after that targeted challenge, Cavalry should have been down to 9 if the ref saw it as we have on replays! Being up a man you know the ref could cave to the chirping of the short handed side eventually and this may have happened, if you look solely at Borges reaction to the challenge it is a really lame red card offence and I will be shocked if it's overturned!

Game was boring for the first 20 minutes or so, but it really came alive after that. The crossbars, the reds (both were bad calls were in my opinion. Should have been a penalty, and the second one should have been a yellow for Cavalry) and a beautiful goal! I have been hoping to see a close up replay of Nanco’s turn on the sideline.

Oh, plus I didn’t know about Kadell Thomas’ injury. His Scorpion/Sub-Zero mask was pretty cool.