Match Thread: October 26, 2019 - Forge FC v Cavalry FC - Finals - 1st Leg

narduch

While this would be great, we need to earn our spots.  I agree that it’s a shame for Cavalry that they were the superior team all season, and there season could be deemed a failure if they lose out over two legs. Is there away goals rule?  Imagine if they tie both legs and lose the title!

Edited by RJB

According to The Weather Network, the rain won't start until after the match, and their Bug Report shows mosquitoes, deer flies and black flies are not in season anymore. Now, if only gulls weren't in season too. Really looking forward to this game. We have 8 going and are bringing our own yellow and red cards.

As a nice touch, the big screen will be showing the TiCats game starting at 1 pm until close to kickoff of the CPL game. Reminds me of being in Rome to see a Lazio-Parma match and seeing the start of the US Formula One race on the Olympic Stadium's big screen. I'm not sure, but I think they were backing Ferrari.

Edited by RickC

It's game day and there is lots of excitement in The Hammer, the match has been promoted well in the local media and even my non soccer friends (I do have a few of them) know about it! As @RickC mentions the weather should be fine although it's a Forge match, I expect some rain! The players I spoke with last night speak so highly of coach Bobby, I have confidence he will have the team well prepped and organized, having hosted the opening leg twice in CONCACAF the team will know what has to be done to win the tie, hopefully Forge can score a couple today and not concede! I expect Cavalry to play a tight physically aggressive match today with lots of attention on Borges!

10,000 that would  be awesome. We are 4 travelling from Toronto for this historic match. Totally pumped. Was there for the inaugural game too. Actually, also a York9-Forge FC regular season match as well.

Probably will wear my York9 colours with maybe my HFX Wanderers t-shirt underneath -- am originally from Nova Scotia !

Good to see the lower bowl clearly more than half full. Hopefully it fills out to 10,000. Think Paul Beirne should have been out there for the coin flip given all he did to get the league launched. Looked like the Cavalry had the edge on mind games keeping the Forge waiting.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot