Match Thread: August 5, 2019 - HFX Wanderers v Valour

2 hours ago, Lofty said:

Preview: https://canpl.ca/article/preview-hfx-wanderers-fc-vs-valour-fc-match-52

Valour team news:

I believe Farago is nursing an injured hand and is out. Artemenko comes in as back up. Musse likely still out injured. Both Sacramento and Beland-Goyette went off with injuries vs. Pacific and are doubtful. Petrasso now healthy but it would be wise to re-introduce him slowly rather than quickly and lose him for another eight weeks. Not to mention that he is probably not yet physically ready for a full 90 mins.

Didn't know that about Sacramento and LBG. I thought in the case of LBG it was on account of the first half yellow and the fact he had been very poor.

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Why would petrasso not start? 

I think he's suggesting that with Petrasso coming off a long injury, one he has already re-injured this season, it might be best to ease him back into things and not give him too many minutes.

I say give him a half, at least. And why not the first half.

On 8/2/2019 at 7:36 PM, Lofty said:

Prediction: HFX 1 Valour 2.

I know I'm predicting more than one goal for Valour and I know that event is rarer than hens' teeth but lightning actually DOES sometimes strike twice. Actually, I am encouraged by recent Valour performances and recent signings and recent tactics and Petrasso's return. The cut and thrust of football results is not as random as it seems and I think it is time for that elusive W.

Sorry HFX fans, but I think the Wanderers are the weakest CPL team. And having beaten Valour three times in a row, I think we start a regression to the mean. No doubt these words will come back to haunt me.

Have a feeling if Simmons and Langwa back in starting line up today for first time in six games HFX will get their game back on track for another run of games 

Well, that was a half, I guess.

Ohin and Petrasso the only Valour players who are playing with their heads clear of their ass.

Ref 'letting 'em play', which is bad news for good soccer.

Mitter and Arguinarena again not on the same page on the left side in defense. 

Lucky to still be at 0-0.

OK.  Great save Oxner, pretty good save by Janssens too after Murrell tackled into him.

Pitch looks good. 

Bustos invisible until he drops deeper to help with the defending.  Have to get him into the match.  But Wanderers look like they want to abuse 'arena so maybe wrong touchline.  

Speaking of Bustos..which is worse, Bustos' right peg or Garcia's?

Scary for Valour but it just feels like Wanderers can get cracked on the counter.  Easier said than done but man, sure looks like its there. 

It's going to take a kind ball to open this match.  

On the bright side Ohin, who's looking alert, kept a shot no more than 12 feet off the pitch. 

5 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Well, that was a half, I guess.

Ohin and Petrasso the only Valour players who are playing with their heads clear of their ass.

Ref 'letting 'em play', which is bad news for good soccer.

Mitter and Arguinarena again not on the same page on the left side in defense. 

Lucky to still be at 0-0.

Mitter has done his part.  Arguinarena is getting a hard test though.