Match Thread: August 5, 2019 - HFX Wanderers v Valour

5 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Valour now winless in ELEVEN. Bloody hell, that is bad.

The team isn't that bad.  But you are living it and like I said to you on Wednesday, losing that many games can't mean you are also just unlucky.  Something is missing but I just can't put my finger on it.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

The team isn't that bad.  But you are living it and like I said to you on Wednesday, losing that many games can't mean you are also just unlucky.  Something is missing but I just can't put my finger on it.

It's extremely easy to put your finger on. Look at the numbers. They can't score. For all that I've dumped on Mitter and Murrell and to a lesser extent Thomas, they aren't even the biggest problem any more.

Edited by jonovision

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

It's extremely easy to put your finger on. Look at the numbers. They can't score. For all that I've dumped on Mitter and Murrell and to a lesser extent Thomas, they aren't even the biggest problem any more.

But a lot of teams in this league have that problem; Valour does create chances.  I think your team just have these awful defensive lapses that keep on happening.  

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But a lot of teams in this league have that problem; Valour does create chances.  I think your team just have these awful defensive lapses that keep on happening.  

I don't know where to find them, but I think the numbers would also bear out that Valour don't create chances.

20 minutes ago, jonovision said:

This ref has got to be disciplined after this one. 

No, Out right fired. Missed penalty, hand ball goal, tons of cards, getting in players space. This guy has no play in pro soccer. Allowing all the delays and carding the other team for protesting. 

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

Larson is just the worst.

You know what?  He says some stuff that gets me asking "WTF have you been smoking?" and other times he seems like he knows what he's talking about. 

Today he called Sacramento a bench player in this league?  Have you been watching?  Says Carriero needs to become part of this team.  Again, have you been watching?  How much does a losing team invest in trying to make Carriero a value for this team?

Shrug.  Different people see the game differently.  Would be boring if we didn't.  

38 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

You know what we need right now?  Just to make things that much better?

A vote of confidence by Wade Miller in Valour manager Rob Gale. 

I doubt Wade Miller has watched a single minute of Valour football this year away from IG Field.

Kurt Larson - "No collective desire in Valour'  -  I agree 

That game should have been over in the first half.  HFX ripped our midfield to shreds.  No Valour shots in the second half.  We were outcoached and outplayed.  

Yes, HFX goal was a hand ball, but again we are beaten on another corner kick.  We are dreadful on set pieces.  And that can not be blamed on the ref.

Murrell was embarrassing.   Throw the book at him.  Clearly not fit to be captain.  

3 wins in 17 games.  With the solid support shown by the Valour faithful, this can not be viewed as acceptable.  

30 minutes ago, Lofty said:

You don't get hanged for kicking a table!

That was a lot more then kicking a table. He kicked a table with a old man sitting at it trying to do his job. Launching the items and table at said old man. That’s assault. 

Murrel could be banned for the rest of the season and I wouldn’t bat an eye. 

Very entertaining 80+ posts by Valour fans. 

The bad run reminds me that the PDL team in Winnipeg came dead last in PDL (USL2) this season, there must be something in the water. It's a sort of curse.

Seriously though, I much prefer the league when there is a bit more parity and would prefer to see Valour do better, for the sake of the club's future and fan support.

9 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Very entertaining 80+ posts by Valour fans. 

The bad run reminds me that the PDL team in Winnipeg came dead last in PDL (USL2) this season, there must be something in the water. It's a sort of curse.

Seriously though, I much prefer the league when there is a bit more parity and would prefer to see Valour do better, for the sake of the club's future and fan support.

Valour has far less talent on its roster than most teams, but not less than Halifax.