Class of 2004

I believe Mael Henry is about to sign in France, he’s left the impact academy.

He’s a big time prospect and this is a guy who could have left sooner and is another big hit for the academy. They have more talent than they can develop.

@Footyehany idea whom he’s signing with ?

Edited by Dominic94

42 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

He’s a big time prospect and this is a guy who could have left sooner and is another big hit for the academy. They have more talent than they can develop.

He posted a picture tagging Lorient and a broken heart... maybe that trial is already over?

3 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

No idea but I know he trialed with some clubs such as Auxerre and Caen last season.

26 minutes ago, phresh said:

Montreal U23 play in the PLSQ.

One thing that would be interesting to find out would be whether they have players on professional registration forms in that context and that counts as a first professional contract where the domestic eligibility across the entire league is concerned through the Homegrown player rule.

I've heard today that CFM asked for full training compensation payment from the team in France for Mael Henry.  Was offered 1st team preseason and he declined to go to France which I assume pissed of Renard. Given that he would have been for their 2nd team (4th tier), I guess the club decided not to move forward.

2 hours ago, Footyeh said:

I've heard today that CFM asked for full training compensation payment from the team in France for Mael Henry.  Was offered 1st team preseason and he declined to go to France which I assume pissed of Renard. Given that he would have been for their 2nd team (4th tier), I guess the club decided not to move forward.

So he would have come to camp and either gone on loan to Can PL or to PLSQ ? I don’t blame him. And I do think the Can PL is the right move for him, probably a better caliber than France 4th tier and way more exposure.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...