Should Canada get more spots than the US in the CCL?

Facts are facts: Canada has CONSISTENTLY performed better than the USA year after year despite getting only 1 spot and not being seeded. While the US gets as many spots as Mexico despite being several levels worse and I feel like 4 US spots are a waste of space since the US MLS teams don't do squat in the CCL and most of the time they get hilariously awful results and that's not only vs Mexico, but CA and even Caribbean teams (remember NE Rev losing 4-0 to Trinidad's Joe Public). The Canadian teams, in contrast get decent results vs Liga MX sides and even making semi's and finals more often than the US. And going by results Canada is clearly superior to the US in the CCL since Canadian teams beat US ones more often than US have done so vs Liga MX.

Therefore Canada should get 2 or 3 spots and the USA only 2 and the seeded (Pot 1) teams should look like this:

4 MEX, 1 CAN, 1 CR, 1 USA, 1 HON/PAN

And as CPL grows in the future Canada should get 4 spots as right now the CPL is the only hope of breaking Liga MX's domination. The only reason the CCL is so one-sided because spots are not allocated properly and the underachieving and useless USA gets too many spots while more deserving countries like Canada and Costa Rica don't get enough. 

So who else agrees? Canada > USA in CCL and CPL > MLS in CCL soon.

37 minutes ago, grasshopper1917 said:

The USA has over 300 million people to our 35 million. They have 21 MLS teams to our 3. An American team has won MLS every year except when TFC won 2 years ago..... As much as I hate to say it I think it would be absurd to advocate Canadian clubs should get as many spots as American clubs at this juncture. 

Except spots in the CCL are not and should not be given based on population and how big the league is. Canada should get more spots than the USA due to better performances and decent results with just 1 spot and with CPL Canada will have more than 3 teams of CCL quality. In CCL, Canada made the final 2 times, USA only 1. Canada made the semi's 3 times, same as US. 

Number of times:

CAN eliminated MEX = 3

CAN eliminated US = 5

US eliminate MEX = 2

What I don't like about the way you post, @PhillyJawn-guy is that every single one begs the question, forces the argument, and is tendentious. Without exception. I understand there are times when that could be a useful rhetorical device, and as a form of humour fairly good. You have zero sense of humour so I assume it is a little rhetorical trick you've latched onto, because somehow you convinced yourself that being, as one person is called here a complete homer, is a good role to play. It's not, it is really irritating and, on top of things, it is treating us as stupid. 

If you always post this way and start threads like this,  it is, like Missy says to young Sheldon, dumbass. 

1 hour ago, admin said:

Let's not let this thread go to waste.

What three people would you like to see in a panel discussion where they all have the ability to electrocute each other?

Mister215, TG11 and PhillyJawn-guy, but it might just be the same person electrocuting themselves.

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

No way they are all the same.  Tg11's writing style was so damn... unique.  The other two have the totally identical anti US mantra, but he is out there all on his own.  

lol, no,  Mister215 and Philly are the same guy.  So it's two people as in TG11 and Philly, 215 is a Philly area code.

1 hour ago, admin said:

TG11 would just electrocute himself and claim others did it.

He might.  Particularly if he has his hand on the electrocution button.  But sometimes the button can be hard to press, so it could be unlikely.  We'll just have to wait and see...

2 minutes ago, PhillyJawn-guy said:

OK, back to topic: maybe not MORE spots, but Canada should have the same number as the US considering given the results Canada is under-represented in CCL and the US way over-represented. I'd prefer Canada to get 3, but 2 should happen.

Better idea. Listening to this

35 minutes ago, PhillyJawn-guy said:

OK, back to topic: maybe not MORE spots, but Canada should have the same number as the US considering given the results Canada is under-represented in CCL and the US way over-represented. I'd prefer Canada to get 3, but 2 should happen.

Btw Jawn-guy is spelled Jean Guy.

1 hour ago, PhillyJawn-guy said:

This is not a topic, nothing to get back too. 

Have you ever submitted yourself for scientific studies?

Archived