1984 - THE SPONSONS RULE ALL

Admin

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Well fuck man spell it out. Stop this secretive shit.

I can't.  We are more than a forum now, but we are still judged by its contents some of which is very very old.  Based on that, there are people out there that really really hate us.   This has made some things difficult and some of the conclusions people could assert based on the Herdman thread, justified or not, made things very difficult. 

But wrt to the CSA, those are wickedly harsh assumptions to make about people that regularly help us. 

10 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Well fuck man spell it out. Stop this secretive shit.

Lets not give Jamie a hard time about this. Obviously there is some stuff going on in the background that he can't talk about and maybe some people he spoke with were unhappy about some of the things posted here and he made a mistake in trying to change the tone of the debate. I am not sure how those people expect an internet forum to react after a shocking coaching change is made in a very unprofessional manner but I think we have established the principle that the discussion on here should not be regulated or censored in any way except when absolutely necessary (trolls, very offensive content etc.)

Not much point in discussing more on this thread so we should go back to the hiring thread to further discuss Herdman. I do think it would be wise to start a new thread on his actual coaching tenure but we should wait until he makes some major decisions like his first selection. However, we should make a new thread mostly to avoid the Herdman thread growing to 200 pages and to separate the hiring controversy subject from the subject of what he actually does as head coach not for any reasons of censorship or pleasing external people who are upset at the opinions of people posting here.

5 minutes ago, admin said:

I can't.  We are more than a forum now, but we are still judged by its contents some of which is very very old.  Based on that, there are people out there that really really hate us.   This has made some things difficult and some of the conclusions people could assert based on the Herdman thread, justified or not, made things very difficult. 

But wrt to the CSA, those are wickedly harsh assumptions to make about people that regularly help us. 

Ok i'm confused now. So you're just worried about how ppl in the CSA will view the Herdman thread? Or have you been mildly intimidated by external sources?

2 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

This opens up a whole new topic. Who hates us? (Besides everybody doing security at BMO Field).

The Americans, the Mexicans, the Hondurans, the Costa Ricans, the El Salvadorans, the Trinidadians, the Jamaicans, the St. Vincent and the Grenadine-dians all spring to mind for a start.

And if they don't hate us, it's because we aren't beating them regularly enough!

Just now, Gian-Luca said:

The Americans, the Mexicans, the Hondurans, the Costa Ricans, the El Salvadorans, the Trinidadians, the Jamaicans, the St. Vincent and the Grenadine-dians all spring to mind for a start.

And if they don't hate us, it's because we aren't beating them regularly enough!

You've undermined your own point with the 2nd paragraph. They don't hate us.

I think Sydney Leroux does

I think Kurt LarSUN kinda does.

For fans of other countries we are mostly a non-entity.

Just now, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I missed this. I stopped reading the old thread. What was this about? Link?

Instead of calling the players to introduce themselves he sent them a letter explaining his philosophies. We do not know for sure that he did not call them also but from the account we heard it does sound like the initial introduction was by a letter/email which seems pretty unusual/impersonal.

21 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Ok i'm confused now. So you're just worried about how ppl in the CSA will view the Herdman thread? Or have you been mildly intimidated by external sources?

It seems there are people now who no longer get simply get mad at other people. It used to be Person A gets mad at Person B for a week, and then forgets about it.  Person A now blames us, and intends to hold us as an organization accountable.  We are responsible for keeping them safe.  We were failing to do this I am told. Now I agree that for obviously abusive things this is true and we would absolutely bare a responsibility to intervene. 

You can say fuck it, fuck them, fuck off ect... but that would not help us at this particular juncture to be roasted in the court of public opinion especially right now.  I hope you can connect the dots here so I don't have to put it in plain text to be indexed and searchable. 

That was the intimidation portion of the show and directly related to the thread in question. 

The second was encountering some very negative feedback by people high up the food chain while trying to position us for making some really good deals.  These people are not connected to the CSA. 

9 minutes ago, admin said:

It seems there are people now who no longer get simply get mad at other people. It used to be Person A gets mad at Person B for a week, and then forgets about it.  Person A now blames us, and intends to hold us as an organization accountable.  We are responsible for keeping them safe.  We were failing to do this I am told. Now I agree that for obviously abusive things this is true and we would absolutely bare a responsibility to intervene. 

You can say fuck it, fuck them, fuck off ect... but that would not help us at this particular juncture to be roasted in the court of public opinion especially right now.  I hope you can connect the dots here so I don't have to put it in plain text to be indexed and searchable. 

That was the intimidation portion of the show and directly related to the thread in question. 

The second was encountering some very negative feedback by people high up the food chain to really make a difference while trying to position us for making some really good deals.  These people are not connected to the CSA. 

So if i'm reading between the lines correctly, what you're saying is we're being accused of sexually harassing John Herdman? And the CSA sponsors are reading this thread and are reluctant to send us the lifetime supply of Tide Pods they were intending to send?

4 minutes ago, admin said:

The second was encountering some very negative feedback by people high up the food chain while trying to position us for making some really good deals.  These people are not connected to the CSA.

Be like me and be a right winger who uses leftist tactics and viewpoints then everyone will hate you :)

Please tell me I didn't see the word "safe" as in spaces.

Let me see, now I'm not a lawyer but we have one here...

Section 2 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms

Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: (a) freedom of conscience and religion; (b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication; (c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and freedom of association.

Archived