1984 - THE SPONSONS RULE ALL

Admin

6 hours ago, Grizzly said:

I think the most we can do is just ask people to understand what they post to some extent represents the Voyageurs and to try to be fair and balanced in criticisms instead of just angry ranting.

Sack the Voyageurs!...Oops, I read that wrong.  I was being fair and balanced with my angry ranting .  Got it now.  I missed the "instead of" angry ranting.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Coles notes of all this is to not say anything too mean or critical about people involved in Canadian soccer because some people might get their feelings hurt and they'll blame us and we might lose friends or not get the nice perks some here want.

2 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

So the Coles notes of all this is to not say anything too mean or critical about people involved in Canadian soccer because some people might get their feelings hurt and they'll blame us and we might lose friends or not get the nice perks some here want.

Or you just want this fanbase to survive

People need to calm down.  It’s crap like this which makes people hesitant to take on one of the leadership roles in any organization.  It’s much easier for people to sit behind a keyboard and criticize than to physically try and do something constructive.  I’ll trust Jamie on this one.

Over the years, my M.O. here has always been to taken on those who rant in the air like Abe Simpson about players or administrators who couldn't defend themselves.  That was essentially true about the same few guys who incessantly go on about the CSA with the most ludicrous accusations that go well beyond the bounds of credulity.

But now this seems to be getting to be recommended compelled speech and not through one's own accord.  Getting the distinct feeling the Vs are starting to go snowflake.  And you know what happens to snowflakes, they melt and go away.

Ha. I made a comment about a game a couple months ago and got told to "suck a dick" by a guy who just posted here (not you Joe), and then four people "liked" his comment.  Geez I wonder why there are few women here.

And the CSA does read and react to what's posted here, I know that for a fact.

29 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

That's not what was said at all.   I clearly tried to separate the responses to the CSA stuff and a current issue that we have. 

What are these nice perks? I don't even take a single free ticket into the stadium. 

24 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Over the years, my M.O. here has always been to taken on those who rant in the air like Abe Simpson about players or administrators who couldn't defend themselves.  That was essentially true about the same few guys who incessantly go on about the CSA with the most ludicrous accusations that go well beyond the bounds of credulity.

But now this seems to be getting to be recommended compelled speech and not through one's own accord.  Getting the distinct feeling the Vs are starting to go snowflake.  And you know what happens to snowflakes, they melt and go away.

That's really shitty.   This forum is a total free for all for as long as I can remember, and still is.  I ask for help on something once, and you guys lose your fucking minds. 

20 minutes ago, admin said:

That's not what was said at all.   I clearly tried to separate the responses to the CSA stuff and a current issue that we have. 

What are these nice perks? I don't even take a single free ticket into the stadium. 

I never said the CSA, i said people in Canadian Soccer. Is that an incorrect statement?

Perks that you listed in bullet form on the previous page. ie. free reign on a large block of tickets, tickets to away games, 2026 etc.

6 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

I never said the CSA, i said people in Canadian Soccer. Is that an incorrect statement?

Perks that you listed in bullet form on the previous page. ie. free reign on a large block of tickets, tickets to away games, 2026 etc.

Those are not perks.  Perks generally imply something else altogether. 

I am saying your coles notes summary is incorrect wrt the current issue I am worried about.   

I would imagine the majority of people here would think our presence at a World Cup game on home soil to see Canada play would be regarded as more than a perk. 

2 minutes ago, admin said:

I would imagine the majority of people here would think our presence at a World Cup game on home soil to see Canada play would be regarded as more than a perk. 

And if we behave ourselves we'll be awarded the World Cup? What does that have to do with this?

I was talking in general, not just this little issue with a certain person or persons who are a little too sensitive.

13 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

And if we behave ourselves we'll be awarded the World Cup? What does that have to do with this?

I was talking in general, not just this little issue with a certain person or persons who are a little too sensitive.

I haven't said that.  I was trying to point out the CSA is not the boogeyman when people jumped the gun on blaming them. 

You are further conflating the issue I encountered with the things I keep trying to say it is not about. 

We are all trying to talk about multiple things at once and it isn't working.  

1 hour ago, admin said:

That's really shitty.   This forum is a total free for all for as long as I can remember, and still is.  I ask for help on something once, and you guys lose your fucking minds. 

I've been doing what you have been recently advocating all along.  I thought you've moderated this forum better than any other I've been to, but pardon some of us for being a little confused to the recent change of attitude that seems to come and go.  One minute, it's help me out, the next it's post what the hell you want.  I empathize with your situation I really do but whether you realize it or not some of your posts were confusing.

But speaking for myself, I've always posted in defense of people who can't defend themselves here.

1 hour ago, Vic said:

Ha. I made a comment about a game a couple months ago and got told to "suck a dick" by a guy who just posted here (not you Joe), and then four people "liked" his comment.  Geez I wonder why there are few women here.

I have always advocated that for years, people can go back and check, and the attitude among many soccer fans has not been good and I have been vilified and accused of trolling for pointing that out.  Soccer mom is a pejorative to many soccer fans.

26 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I've been doing what you have been recently advocating all along.  I thought you've moderated this forum better than any other I've been to, but pardon some of us for being a little confused to the recent change of attitude that seems to come and go.  One minute, it's help me out, the next it's post what the hell you want.  I empathize with your situation I really do but whether you realize it or not some of your posts were confusing.

But speaking for myself, I've always posted in deference to people who can't defend themselves here.

Wasn't that confusing.

I deleted a joke, to try and keep a thread on track.

Thought better of it two minutes later and said fuck that, exact words, say whatever you want.

Then people tried to make it into something it wasn't while attacking people not responsible. 

2 hours ago, jpg75 said:

A tad dramatic don't you think?

No I think if the CPL groups are telling members to avoid this site and there's almost no women active on here then the future of this site and the arguably the V's might be in question.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Wasn't that confusing.

I deleted a joke, to try and keep a thread on track.

Thought better of it two minutes later and said fuck that, exact words, say whatever you want.

Then people tried to make it into something it wasn't while attacking people not responsible. 

Just curious are you the only mod?

25 minutes ago, matty said:

No I think if the CPL groups are telling members to avoid this site and there's almost no women active on here then the future of this site and the arguably the V's might be in question.

Good lord, whatever will we do. We'll just shrivel and die with those 8 new members.

1 minute ago, jpg75 said:

Good lord, whatever will we do. We'll just shrivel and die with those 8 new members.

yea let's ignore the potential biggest soccer development in this country's history and not worry about the massive following that exists for the women's team at the most important moment in Canadian soccer history.

1 minute ago, jpg75 said:

Ok, in all seriousness, why exactly would CPL groups be telling people to stay away from here? 

And why would the lack of women be an issue? It's not an issue anywhere in the world, so why here?

CPL Groups are not telling people to stay away.  I am saying those people are interested in the CPL, those people running supporters groups are mostly staying away. It was example of how things can affect us negatively.

34 minutes ago, matty said:

CPL groups are not telling people to avoid the site.   

5 minutes ago, matty said:

yea let's ignore the potential biggest soccer development in this country's history and not worry about the massive following that exists for the women's team at the most important moment in Canadian soccer history.

We've done just fine without most of the women's supporters coming here so why would it be an issue now? They tend to already go to another forum (bigred?) so i don't think it's realistic to think we're all of a sudden going to steal all their members just because the WNT coach switched sides.

As for the CPL SG's, how many members do you think each will have? 50? 100? How many people come on here and are in the stands in WCQ? It's a little melodramatic to talk about an existential crisis at a time when we have our largest membership.

Archived