Budalic promoted to Orlando GM

nolando

According to a friend of mine at United, he was Assistant GM at Orlando with nobody as GM, so he was acting GM. They just decided to give him the full-time job. He has a tremendous eye for a player as evidenced by United's track record. 3 years, over 15 professional players from a PDL team is fantastic. He is going to go far. 

Yup, he was there for a short stint.  I can't remember if he was one of those we traded during our days as Montréal's late season phone-a-friend or if he ended up with the Impact after one of his eastern European forays.

Nikkinikkinikkinikkibooodalich

• 1 month later...

Great for Niki Budalic.  I was there with Ultras when he made his debut to for the Lynx. The kid at that time had talent and I'm sure if TFC was formed at that time, he could've made the team.  He was the only bright side to the Lynx in the early 2000 era.  Man time flies for Niki, that he's working in management capacity for a futbol team.  Glad to see he's doing well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Apparently he'll be the #3 in their front office as opposed to #1 so should have less influence..but it should be a better situation for him as he'll get to learn with less pressure..was way too early for him to be a gm in this league

Archived