Reply if you have purchased your shirt

Levi Oakey

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Levi Oakey said:

I really want to see Edmonton in the CPL. What the Fath's have done for Alberta soccer is frankly, amazing.

Not to derail the thread, but I think the whole Edmonton/NASL/CPL issue will resolve itself as soon as the league shows signs of success.  Edmonton would be eager to get into a well run, profitable Canadian league where travel costs are lower, media attention is higher, and local competition drives a strong supporter culture.  While the success of CPL is not a given, I think the route of making the league attractive to them is preferable to any heavy handed approach.

21 minutes ago, Levi Oakey said:

I really want to see Edmonton in the CPL. What the Fath's have done for Alberta soccer is frankly, amazing.

The Faths, particularly Tom, are damn saints and champions of Canadian soccer in Alberta. They deserve the Order of Canada for their sustained efforts in keeping soccer dreams alive in Edmonton.

9 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not to derail the thread, but I think the whole Edmonton/NASL/CPL issue will resolve itself as soon as the league shows signs of success.  Edmonton would be eager to get into a well run, profitable Canadian league where travel costs are lower, media attention is higher, and local competition drives a strong supporter culture.  While the success of CPL is not a given, I think the route of making the league attractive to them is preferable to any heavy handed approach.

I'm watching very carefully. I don't think it's going to be sustainable for FCE to remain in an NASL that has seen teams overspend themselves to death. I desperately hope to see FCE or an equivalent in the CPL. One of my supporting highlights was driving down to Calgary to watch our academy play Foothills. That was a magical experience.

I ordered one. I've been pushing CPL to my friends, just explaining to them what is happening, but I don't think anyone gets it / is interested. I'm dying to generate some interest in St. John's. Might as well wear a shirt and perhaps get some conversations going, since we won't see a team for a while.

2 hours ago, admin said:

I could put name & numbers on the back if people want.  Hadn't actually thought of it. 

That would be cool, but I'm reluctant to increase what must suddenly be a pretty heavy workload for you. I hope these transfers don't stink like the ones for the Gold Cup flags. Pretty sure I killed parts of my brain that day. Likely no one noticed the difference.

On a related note, now that the 'Feel The Beirne' t-shirts are available, if I order one would it get put in the same order to save effort/shipping cost/etc/etc?

34 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

That would be cool, but I'm reluctant to increase what must suddenly be a pretty heavy workload for you. I hope these transfers don't stink like the ones for the Gold Cup flags. Pretty sure I killed parts of my brain that day. Likely no one noticed the difference.

On a related note, now that the 'Feel The Beirne' t-shirts are available, if I order one would it get put in the same order to save effort/shipping cost/etc/etc?

Yup, it includes shipping too.  It's actually cheaper to ship them separately than together.  Thanks Canada post. 

On 11/29/2016 at 11:45 AM, ThatDaveCh said:

One of my supporting highlights was driving down to Calgary to watch our academy play Foothills. That was a magical experience.

Basically the main argument for CPL in edmonton is the possibility of a rivalry with Calgary.  I think even the biggest skeptic can understand how huge that would be.

Archived