FC Edmonton 2016 Season

canadianfoot

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the positive, Pape was going over things with him after the game yesterday. Don't know if that's good or bad, considering that he's been around for awhile (Roberts) but its good to see the knowledge passed on.

Would have liked to see more grit earlier in the game. Ledge seemed to get pissed after the second goal and start throwing his body around. In my opinion, I think Miller needs to start Keegan and Gustavo, and pull off Raudales and Cruz.

Another 1-0 loss, this time with Ameobi being denied on a PK in the 95th minute. 

Who knew that the team that could create nothing offensively without Lance Laing in 2015 would create nothing offensively without Lance Laing in 2016? 

0 goals in 3 games is downright pathetic. Might be time to get Jalali in for a look and see if he can actually do something. 

19 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Croatia.

Where did you see this? I can't find anything. 

Also, I don't know how the transfer market works exactly, but would FCE be able to sell him or get a transfer fee when he signs in Europe?

34 minutes ago, Pqhbv said:

Where did you see this? I can't find anything. 

Also, I don't know how the transfer market works exactly, but would FCE be able to sell him or get a transfer fee when he signs in Europe?

HI, this was in mid-February, I have not seen anything about him getting in games there though. He is with Dugopolje. 

You can usually follow this content on the New Mother of all Canucks Abroad, or the thread with the player's name:

5 hours ago, yothat said:

Doesn't it make sense for FCED to bring Ricketts in on trial or Tam Nsailwa who is also unattached ATM. They had a roster spot for Dunfield. Both local players with games for the national team.

Would Nsaliwa be considered local? He gave up his citizenship. 

If there is but a small positive side to the year, Canadian U-20 international Shamit Shome made his debut, and his first start on Satudray. It sounds like he impressed in his debut based on this quote from Miller:

"Youngster (midfielder) Shamit Shome played his first professional game here and I thought he was terrific. I thought he was terrific and he gave a us a very good 75 minutes."

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/soccer/eddies-fall-short-in-tampa-bay

Of course, Miller has also hyped up all of the Eddies academy products heavily in the past (Roberts, Zebie, Boakai, Jalali, Aleksic), and seems to be willing to drop them from the lineup in favour of journeyman Euros or Americans, so take his praise with a shaker of salt. And maybe some tequila.

11 hours ago, yothat said:

I guess he count as international paperwork wise but still be a local player has he grew up in edmonton and played for southwest united before going to Europe.

FC Edmonton doesn't have an international spot, so they would need to cut a player to sign him. Is he better than some of the other internationals that FC Edmonton has? I doubt it plus you'd have to pay someone money to leave the club.

16 minutes ago, OnkelDal said:

What I don't get here is won't they be "domestic" already since I assume they are Canadian permanent residents? Isn't the reason Attakora is a "domestic" in the US because he has a green card?

17 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

What I don't get here is won't they be "domestic" already since I assume they are Canadian permanent residents? Isn't the reason Attakora is a "domestic" in the US because he has a green card?

I think it takes a few years to become domestic if I can remember correctly 

Archived