FC Edmonton 2016 Season

canadianfoot

6 hours ago, jedinathan said:

Its a symptom of Edmonton really. Soccer has historically taken a serious back seat to HIGH! SCHOOL! FOOTBALL!!! (shout out to Eskies fans that get the reference). Clarke is "historic" for those folks, despite soccer dominating the number of players in the city. Believe it or not, the Egg-Ball crowd actually complained about Big Blue being put up. They were mad that the benches got moved to the near side of the pitch. Didn't stop them from using Big Blue for their own games though.

What is Big Blue? As someone who has never set his foot outside of two provinces, I don't know where to go. 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Blackdude said:

What is Big Blue? As someone who has never set his foot outside of two provinces, I don't know where to go. 

Big Blue, the grandstand that Tom Fath paid $750K for to add to Clarke's Capacity :

1222_FC_Edmonton_2

The cost included the two smaller corner grandstands that were added as well.

Good chance, he's unattached. Has a post from 7 weeks ago about disappointment.  There's a real lack of Canadians at Fced. I m counting just 6. More international spots available with belfast boys getting citizenship. Nysai getting a green card. Ritchie Jones no longer at the club. That could be 4 available international spots.

FC Edmonton look to bolster squad

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/soccer/fc-edmonton-look-to-bolster-squad

Heading into the North American Soccer League Fall Season, which is double the length of the spring campaign, Edmonton are low on players.

They recently lost the services of fullback Eddie Edward, who was released for family reasons, paving the way for him to sign with his hometown Ottawa Fury. Edmonton also cut ties with midfielder Ritchie Jones, who was unable to recover from a knee injury.

I don't know who else they would have put on there... Which is an issue in itself....

Nyassi was out due to concussion, Raudales is still out with his calf, Cruz picked up a knock, and Jalali has been the subject of all kinds of rumours.

Aleksic, Zebie, Smith, Gustavo and Tyson were on the bench... and do you really want to put a second keeper on there just for the sake of having a bench of 6?

Edmonton needs depth. I'm hoping we hear of some people coming in very soon. The club is still operating with 3 salary spots open, and one international spot free.

54 minutes ago, jedinathan said:

Quick update: Steven Sandor is reporting that Miller has 3 offers in with players. I believe the first one should be informing the club today, then the next 2 are over the next week.

Just spitballing here but I wonder if REB would be a reasonable candidate to return home. I believe that he is currently unattached.

Found it odd as well. Could Marko be hurt? Wasn't even dressed, same with Cruz and (more obviously) Raudales. 

Whatever, he did well coming in without even knowing the names of some of his teammates. Those fouls by Diakite... Ooof. Should have been sent off the first time. 

Archived