http://www.fcedmonton.com/

https://twitter.com/FCEdmontonNow

https://www.instagram.com/fcedmontonnow/

http://edmontonsoccerfans.com/

http://loyalcompanyrv.libsyn.com/podcast

FC Edmonton 2015 STANDINGS

SPRING 2015 Season -->>10th PLACE with 9pts TOTAL. 10games played 2W/3T/5L

FALL 2015 Season -->>5th PLACE with 26pts TOTAL. 20games played 7W/5T/8L

COMBINED 2015 season-->>7th PLACE 35pts(same a RAILHAWKS, Goal Diff) 30games played 9W/8T/13L

TOP 2015 Season Scorers: Lance Laing & Daryl Fordyce 8goals each

Average Attendance: 3122

Current ROSTER(28th January 2016):

1 Goalkeeper Van Oekel, Matt     23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States
2 Defender Zebie, Allan     23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada
3 Defender Edward, Edson     23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada
5 Defender Watson, Albert     23px-Flag_of_Northern_Ireland.svg.png Northern Ireland
7 Midfielder Raudales, Cristian     23px-Flag_of_Honduras.svg.png Honduras
8 Midfielder Jones, Ritchie     23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England
9 Forward Jalali, Sadi     23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada
11 Forward Corea, Dustin     23px-Flag_of_El_Salvador.svg.png El Salvador
14 Midfielder Nyassi, Sainey     23px-Flag_of_The_Gambia.svg.png Gambia
15 Defender Roberts, Mallan     23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada
16 Forward Fordyce, Daryl     23px-Flag_of_Northern_Ireland.svg.png Northern Ireland
18 Forward Ameobi, Tomi     23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England
21 Goalkeeper Farago, Tyson     23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada
24 Defender Smith, Johann     23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States
25 Defender Aleksic, Marko     23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada
27 Midfielder Cruz, Pablo     23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States
Forward Keegan, Jake     23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States
Defender Ledgerwood, Nikolas     23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada
Goalkeeper Ingham, Nathan     23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada
Midfielder Gustavo, Gustavo     22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Brazil
Defender Eckersley, Adam     23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England

Staff

• Canada Colin Miller – Head Coach
  • Canada Rod Proudfoot – General Manager
  • Canada Jeff Paulus – Assistant Coach
  • Canada Darren Woloshen – Goalkeeping Coach
  • Canada Andeas Morse – Team Administrator
  • Canada Jose Jimenez – Athletic Therapist
  • Canada Brandon Salter – Assistant Athletic Therapist
  • Canada Dr. Terry De Freitas – Team Physician

FCE%20Stadium%20Layout%20C.jpg

Pricing:

• Premium - Adult $550 + GST ($577.50)
  • Midfield - $450 + GST ($472.50)
  • Sideline - $350 + GST ($367.50)
  • Supporters - $250 + GST ($262.50)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate to get this thread off to a bad start, but unless Gustavo can replace Laing's quality on the left wing, the Eddies are not going to be anywhere close to a playoff club in 2016. They won 1 of 10 games without him, and I don't see a competent replacement as of today. So, be prepared for more of that.

This I think the Ledgerwood signing was fantastic, and Eckersley could be a shrewd move in providing the club with fullback depth (even though I think Zebie was perfectly capable as a starting LB and it sucks that he's being bumped after a solid campaign), but the Keegan and Gustavo signings are just a shot in the dark. I'm pretty sure Gustavo was signed based on a YouTube video of his highlights. Ingham shouldn't have any bearing on the club barring injury.

I voted yes, because I'm always the optimist for FCEd.

I don't disagree with everything you said @shermanator You've basically hit the nail on the head when it comes to FCEd and the Laing situation. Right now, I'm looking at the rest of the league and what the other clubs will be offering to see where FCEd will end up. I'd argue that FCEd has the most consistency of the clubs, which will lend well to the initial stages. Aside from that, I think that the increased strikers and a bit more depth in the midfield will also help FCEd. I don't really see too many clubs ahead of FCEd (of course I said that last year at this time... look where that ended us). Realistically I think that Minnesota will dominate the league this year, and New York will be a close second. Ottawa unfortunately I don't see being competitive with FCEd this year (could be surprised, but with a new coach and almost an entirely new team, it'll be tough). Indy might be tricky, Rayo is going to be competitive in its first year, but I think FCEd's defensiveness can handle them.

I think on paper they've got a great squad. Laing is for sure a big miss, but the move he made was best for his career. That being said I hate how the young guys with something to prove are barely ever given a chance by Miller. I think he obviously is highly regarded by the Club that he is able to keep a job after the performances the last few years but I truly believe his style of play is only suited for 50% of the squad.  FCE has fantastic quality when it comes to technical skill and passing in some players but they play a very direct game. I would love to see them in the post season as I do support the club (any canadian club when it comes to soccer) but they've got a very difficult task ahead of them.

Gusatvo signing is a big let down. Nothing about his past soccer cv let's me think he would be successful in the NASL. Why not give such an unknown an trial with the fced academy. The big thing this club is missing is a stronger winger on the left. I would be okay with Corea n Hanson behind him. This club will be probably be middle tier considering Minnesota, cosmos n strikers lineup. 

It might just be because I'm following the club closer this off season due to the podcast, but I feel like there is more attention on the club this training camp. First day there was lead sport reporters from 2 major newscasts, one from the Journal, Steve Sandor (of course) and myself. I've also seen at least one of the major news teams back this week at training. Good sign to me.

On February 18, 2016 at 9:36 AM, jedinathan said:

It might just be because I'm following the club closer this off season due to the podcast, but I feel like there is more attention on the club this training camp. First day there was lead sport reporters from 2 major newscasts, one from the Journal, Steve Sandor (of course) and myself. I've also seen at least one of the major news teams back this week at training. Good sign to me.

Here's hoping their new GM has some media and marketing magic. I really don't think FCE is that far off from drawing a solid crowd and getting close to the break even point. 

Rumours of their demise are greatly exaggerated.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:53 AM, rob.notenboom said:

Here's hoping their new GM has some media and marketing magic. I really don't think FCE is that far off from drawing a solid crowd and getting close to the break even point. 

Rumours of their demise are greatly exaggerated.

I don't think he even needs magic. I think he just need a solid marketing mind, and a rare combo of patience and energy. From what I've heard, he's got the energy. We're hoping to having him on the podcast soon.

44 minutes ago, jedinathan said:

I don't think he even needs magic. I think he just need a solid marketing mind, and a rare combo of patience and energy. From what I've heard, he's got the energy. We're hoping to having him on the podcast soon.

Can't wait to hear him on the pod, hope it happens!

FC Edmonton getting ready to head overseas for series of friendlies

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/soccer/fc-edmonton-getting-ready-to-head-overseas-for-series-of-friendlies

While it remains to be seen what FC Edmonton will accomplish on the field this year, they are working to keep up with a league that continues to grow off of it.

This offseason has seen the North American Soccer League reach a greater level in terms of teams, talent, and stature than arguably any point in the league’s history.

“I think that the whole league in general has taken a real step forward,” FC Edmonton head coach Colin Miller said. “This offseason has been the best that I’ve certainly experienced in my three seasons in Edmonton.”

• 2 weeks later...

FCEd played its first pre-season game in Scotland this weekend. Looks like the initial lineup was pretty much your standard starting 11 from FCEd, minus Corea (on international duty) and Roberts. Sounds like Partick played a very young side.

End result was 2-0 for FCEd, and all reports indicate that Edmonton dominated possession and chances. Ledgerwood and Keegan with the goals for Edmonton.

Starting lineups from FCEd's facebook page:

Partick Thistle vs. FC Edmonton

Partick Thistle Starting XI: C. Cullen (GK), McInally, Penrice, Whiteside, Leyden, Wilson, Lamont, Docherty, Nisbet, McCarthy, McLaughlin

FC Edmonton Starting XI: VanOekel (GK), Smith, Aleksic, Watson, Edward, Cruz, Raudales, Ledgerwood, Nyassi, Ameobi, Fordyce

Rangers did an interview with Colin Miller yesterday and he had an interesting quote on why he brought the club to Scotland:

He continued: “One of the reasons we came over was for the culture that is here. We are trying to get players to understand how much the game actually means to people as in North America there seems to be a ‘silver spoon’ mentality.

“Players might leave training and go and see how their hockey team is doing, or how there basketball team is doing, whereas here it is strictly football, and we want the players to play against guys who genuinely care about becoming professional footballers.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/miller-impressed-gers/

On 2016-03-16 at 7:40 AM, shermanator said:

we want the players to play against guys who genuinely care about becoming professional footballers.

What a ridiculous, foot-in-mouth quote on Miller's part.  So, apparently none of the players FCEd plays against in the NASL genuinely cares about becoming a professional footballer because soccer is not exclusively the number one sport in NA.  Or, is he really talking about his own players and not the opposition?  Either way, stupid quote.  Go for the level of competition, the style of competition, the atmosphere (which might be what he is really trying to say), to start the season hard and fast -- all good reasons -- but don't dis your players because you'd rather NA was more like the home country.  Wishful thinking or nostalgic complaining won't make it so.

I remember a couple of years ago Colin Miller took the FCE players to a Whitecaps home game because, and I paraphrase a bit, "so they could see that Canada has real football atmospheres". I'm not a fan of Miller, I'm surprised Edmonton fans seem relatively benign about him.

Meh. Honestly I think that's a bit out of context. Playing preseasons against semi-pro clubs in BC or Florida isn't playing against players that want to do this for a living. I took it more as that.

As an FCEd aside:

TERRY DUNFIELD is on trail with FCEd in Scotland right now. Who'd have thought.

Archived