FC Edmonton 2016 Season

canadianfoot

On 12/9/2016 at 11:21 AM, yothat said:

with all the cosmo players as free agents. Does Colin Miller try to sign any of them? I m sure there will be some interesting free agents. I m kinda hoping fced will be in the USL. They should receive windfall of money of team paying the NASL exit fee as well. 

Hopefully FC Edmonton stays in NASL, even if its a smaller league for this year until the 4 expansion clubs come in for 2018.

Some of the Cosmos players were being shopped around the NASL recently, not sure where some will end up.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, yothat said:

when do roster moves get annouced? is it me or wouldnt the first place when u startyed the club to sell tickets would be at soccer centres during indoor season and polar cup. took until this offseason to move booths smh.

Think a lot of the roster is coming back but there's areas they need to add some players like the keeper position after MVO left.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:40 PM, yothat said:

when do roster moves get annouced? is it me or wouldnt the first place when u startyed the club to sell tickets would be at soccer centres during indoor season and polar cup. took until this offseason to move booths smh.

Yep. I've heard from people in the club that they had burnt EVERY bridge in minor soccer up until this season. They (Jay Ball really) has made it priority #1 to rebuild that, and I think the shop in the soccer centre shows they've been pretty successful. Especially considering the positive change in season ticket sales.

The other roster movement thread should update things, but when I asked about roster changes the other day, I didn't get anywhere. Was probably asking the wrong person, but I'm expecting some happening pretty quickly. I know the sanctioning issues held a LOT of that back.

Archived