Viewing Parties: Canada vs USA, February 5th, 2016 10:30 ET - TSN

rob.notenboom

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, gator said:

As per our conversation last night, The Augusta House has a live band playing Friday night so it probably isn't our best option! I think it is important that we find a place that will have the sound on for the match, we are open to suggestions, let's get this sorted!

I say across the street at the Phesant Plucker if we can. They tend to have a lot of Scottish soccer stuff on the walls and apparently they are owned by the same organization, so we're still in a sense supporting them for having BeIN

5 hours ago, -Hammer- said:

I say across the street at the Phesant Plucker if we can. They tend to have a lot of Scottish soccer stuff on the walls and apparently they are owned by the same organization, so we're still in a sense supporting them for having BeIN

The Pheasant is a great place and Malcolm is an Aberdeen fan I believe, we can inquire about upstairs as I doubt they would put the match on with sound at the main bar on a Friday night! We need to quickly get an idea of how many roughly are coming out before we start asking for our own room, at least 3 in my group I figure!

38 minutes ago, gator said:

The Pheasant is a great place and Malcolm is an Aberdeen fan I believe, we can inquire about upstairs as I doubt they would put the match on with sound at the main bar on a Friday night! We need to quickly get an idea of how many roughly are coming out before we start asking for our own room, at least 3 in my group I figure!

Well, Myself, Marauder, yourself, any idea on jdub? Grande said he may come but he'll be running late and I think Kevin said he was interested. So that's 5 at least I'd say.

Really cool that FC Edmonton is the one hosting the Edmonton viewing party and getting Eddies players such as recent signing Adam Eckersley to attend.

http://www.fcedmonton.com/news/2016/02/01/fc-edmonton-to-host-canadian-national-team-viewing-party

http://www.facebook.com/events/1660132507584373/

@admin is this part of what you meant on Facebook when you said the CSA was going to start working with pubs or is this a seperate thing?

5 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Really cool that FC Edmonton is the one hosting the Edmonton viewing party and getting Eddies players such as recent signing Adam Eckersley to attend.

http://www.fcedmonton.com/news/2016/02/01/fc-edmonton-to-host-canadian-national-team-viewing-party

@admin is this part of what you meant on Facebook when you said the CSA was going to start working with pubs or is this a seperate thing?

Not that one, but yes.  This is a good thing, and shows the will is there for different parts of the soccer community to... gasp.... work together....

11 hours ago, -Hammer- said:

Well, Myself, Marauder, yourself, any idea on jdub? Grande said he may come but he'll be running late and I think Kevin said he was interested. So that's 5 at least I'd say.

I'm likely coming out, not sure of alone or with people.

8 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The funny thing about this is that one of our local Voyageur/ESGers set up the viewing party and then the ESG sent a tweet to FCE to ask them to publicize it on their various media. Next thing you know FCE publicizes it as they are hosting the viewing party. So, either FCE already had the plan to do this anyway and announced it after we did, or they kind of jumped on the band wagon and co-opted it for their marketing purposes. Not sure exactly what happened but the end result has us all working together to support the CMNT. 

52 minutes ago, -Hammer- said:

Last I checked, Gator was doing a head count and we were going to try to get the upstairs of the Pheasant Plucker.

The room is booked unfortunately! The Cat and Fiddle has a back room but entertainment may drown out our sound!

Just now, gator said:

The room is booked unfortunately! The Cat and Fiddle has a back room but entertainment may drown out our sound!

What about one of the other Augusta Pubs or maybe try a more generic venue like say the Anchor Bar or a Wendel Clark's? The game is late, so we might be able to get something going.

1 minute ago, -Hammer- said:

What about one of the other Augusta Pubs or maybe try a more generic venue like say the Anchor Bar or a Wendel Clark's? The game is late, so we might be able to get something going.

if people want i can ask around a few of the bars near appleby go station (burlington). Hamilton V's would need to go train it.

2 minutes ago, -Hammer- said:

James (marauder01) was going to make some calls tonight, I think we will have trouble getting the sound at most pubs on a Friday night! Burlington would be OK pint but because of the late ko public transit isn't an option for us coming from The Hammer!

38 minutes ago, gator said:

James (marauder01) was going to make some calls tonight, I think we will have trouble getting the sound at most pubs on a Friday night! Burlington would be OK pint but because of the late ko public transit isn't an option for us coming from The Hammer!

Not sure what part of the city the Hamilton V's are all coming from but what about Squires or the Brown Barrel?

2 hours ago, JDub said:

Not sure what part of the city the Hamilton V's are all coming from but what about Squires or the Brown Barrel?

I'm in the core, but I've been to the brown barrel. It's nice if we can get some of the place. Squires I suspect will be packed, but if not I'd be down.

I'm also on call, so I can't leave the city.

We have scheduled  Nicolino's  on Pembina for Winnipeg, starting 9:30 pm. 

The game will be shown, but the sound will be on right after the Jets game. 

I'll be at the MTS Centre too, but we'll head on down to Nicolino's after the hockey game.  

14 minutes ago, redhat said:

I'll be at the MTS Centre too, but we'll head on down to Nicolino's after the hockey game.  

Hmm, I'm in town from Thompson, my first ever meetup?

2 hours ago, redhat said:

Average NHL game is 2h20min right? Hopefully it will be a fast paced game with no overtime. You should still get sound for at least 80 minutes of the game I should think.

Archived