Viewing Parties: Canada vs USA, February 5th, 2016 10:30 ET - TSN

rob.notenboom

Wow the story for Winnipeg echoes how it's been in Saskatoon pretty well always. Hell, we've had the bartender change the channel on our tv and essentially ask us to fuck off at around the 66' before! The whole "we'll maybe put the sound on after X main sport is done" bullshit usually goes worse than hoped so best of luck to you guys. I'm renting the room at Sports On Tap for $75 specifically so there'd be no interruptions, late start to the match, or lack of audio throughout the whole thing. I really hope we get more than our usual half dozen out because I don't want SoT to think we're a joke. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I f^*#ing hate social media, but....

I have seen this done before...

How do we consolidate photos into a stream from all the different locations.

Is it a hashtag gallery or something?  Not just a twitter stream, what I saw was just images consolidated on a page.

Can we embed that in the front of the site?

1st post here and quick question      Just found out about this traveling party through a story on Reddit.  Im an American transplant now in Saskatoon with wife and kids who were all born here.   Im all about supporting local and support USA and Canada Soccer and CONCACAF in general.  I would really like to join you guys @ Sports on Tap with my wife but wondering if since I'm American, I wont be welcome. 

1 minute ago, Stoonr4CPL said:

1st post here and quick question      Just found out about this traveling party through a story on Reddit.  Im an American transplant now in Saskatoon with wife and kids who were all born here.   Im all about supporting local and support USA and Canada Soccer and CONCACAF in general.  I would really like to join you guys @ Sports on Tap with my wife but wondering if since I'm American, I wont be welcome. 

Come on out.  Absolutely not a problem.

On ‎2016‎-‎02‎-‎03 at 10:33 AM, pint said:

I'm likely coming out, not sure of alone or with people.

On ‎2016‎-‎02‎-‎03 at 10:37 PM, -Hammer- said:

Well, Myself, Marauder, yourself, any idea on jdub? Grande said he may come but he'll be running late and I think Kevin said he was interested. So that's 5 at least I'd say.

I'll be there.  I have a game in Burlington from 9-10 so I will right around kick off.

21 hours ago, Tuscan said:

Wow the story for Winnipeg echoes how it's been in Saskatoon pretty well always. Hell, we've had the bartender change the channel on our tv and essentially ask us to fuck off at around the 66' before! The whole "we'll maybe put the sound on after X main sport is done" bullshit usually goes worse than hoped so best of luck to you guys. I'm renting the room at Sports On Tap for $75 specifically so there'd be no interruptions, late start to the match, or lack of audio throughout the whole thing. I really hope we get more than our usual half dozen out because I don't want SoT to think we're a joke. 

Nah, the lads and lasses at Nicolino's have been super but as has been noted they have others to consider.  It's a tight space so sometimes we need to be neighbourly and share..  Footie friendly, mostly, but tight so...

Bit far for me but decent brew on tap and excellent chow so worth the trip.

11 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Nah, the lads and lasses at Nicolino's have been super but as has been noted they have others to consider.  It's a tight space so sometimes we need to be neighbourly and share..  Footie friendly, mostly, but tight so...

Bit far for me but decent brew on tap and excellent chow so worth the trip.

Yeah for most places, but Nicolino's has always been good to us.   Besides, we have some "pull" there. :)
Reservations for 9:30 pm, kick off will be about 9:45.  Whatever,  they'll show both gigs.

On 2/4/2016 at 11:54 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Average NHL game is 2h20min right? Hopefully it will be a fast paced game with no overtime. You should still get sound for at least 80 minutes of the game I should think.

I know what you mean.   Nicolino's have been good to us, and will offer sound for our match right after.

2 hours ago, redhat said:

I know what you mean.   Nicolino's have been good to us, and will offer sound for our match right after.

TSN has the CMNT starting at the completion of the Jets game so I don't think we'll miss anything unless the game goes to extra time. Don't think i'll be able to make Nicolino's tonight but i'll be there in March for sure.

Archived