Canadians abroad: November 27 - December 3, 2015

DJT

Greek 2nd division

Greek 2nd div from the weekend - Spyros Stergiotis was unused sub for Panelefsiniakos as they lost 5-1 away to Volos.

Polish 3rd division

David Kwiek played 90 minutes for Radom in a 3-2 victory over Stal Stalowa Wola.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how many minutes out of the total available has he played this year?

Gee you are not going to make me count, are you?

He has seen quite a bit of international duty of course, so missed games as third tier in Spain does not stop. I'd say he's subbed on more than started. But this is team set for promotion and very competitive, so he's doing very well, a clear step up from last year. This is one of the first games he did not get off the bench at least. And if things go well he could be in 2nd div next year.

Racing Ferrol, I just saw, has 2000 season ticket holders and I think that is about the average attendance in a stadium for 12000. 

Gee you are not going to make me count, are you?

He has seen quite a bit of international duty of course, so missed games as third tier in Spain does not stop. I'd say he's subbed on more than started. But this is team set for promotion and very competitive, so he's doing very well, a clear step up from last year. This is one of the first games he did not get off the bench at least. And if things go well he could be in 2nd div next year.

Racing Ferrol, I just saw, has 2000 season ticket holders and I think that is about the average attendance in a stadium for 12000. 

I was just wondering if there was a site you were referencing where you could click through Racing Ferrol games and see the lineup plus subs and game actions, a little bit of cross referencing and we'd have a total. I'd gladly do it but I can't read Spanish so actually finding a site and navigating to the correct spot could be quite hard. I know with the Portuguese second division it was actually relatively easy when following Jordan Hamilton last year.

I was just wondering if there was a site you were referencing where you could click through Racing Ferrol games and see the lineup plus subs and game actions, a little bit of cross referencing and we'd have a total. I'd gladly do it but I can't read Spanish so actually finding a site and navigating to the correct spot could be quite hard. I know with the Portuguese second division it was actually relatively easy when following Jordan Hamilton last year.

If I told you how many years I spent doing that on this site, for so many players, for Menezes in China, Kusch and Stama in Sweden, so many in Norway, Imhof in Switzerland....I actually learnt to read Portuguese so well following Aguiar I can now translate it into English (after working a bit on grammar of course), did a professional job for a museum in Brazil recently.

I actually am doing the Piette reports off the Racing Ferrol twitter feed this year, get all line-ups, subs, it is fine. You can actually watch them online on TVG, the regional station, quite often. If not, you have to wait for their damn slow website or Galicia papers reports, like La Voz de Galicia. 

I'd say he has played about 35% of league minutes this year, must be the 12th or 13th player in minutes. Purely on what I've seen so far. I think he is doing very well. 

Meh, not going to worry about RC promoting cuz there's no guarantee Piette goes back on loan there next season. And if they do promote it's probably less likely he returns.

Depor B is doing poorly, so I think they won't take him back there. Either they say he is worth holding onto for the first team, which I doubt, or Racing Ferrol buys him. I think, honestly, they would, in 2B or 2A. Problem is that 2B now is paying badly, 2A has a minimum many are paying that is like MLS in fact, there are a lot of modest teams in 2nd div Spain paying low, it is actually to their credit all these teams like Mirandés, Llagostera, Alcorcón, being able to handle sides with 10x their budgets. 

I think Racing will promote and they'll keep him, predicted here. Also think they'll get 6-8 thousand to games and do well, they have a good base.

If I told you how many years I spent doing that on this site, for so many players, for Menezes in China, Kusch and Stama in Sweden, so many in Norway, Imhof in Switzerland....I actually learnt to read Portuguese so well following Aguiar I can now translate it into English (after working a bit on grammar of course), did a professional job for a museum in Brazil recently.

I actually am doing the Piette reports off the Racing Ferrol twitter feed this year, get all line-ups, subs, it is fine. You can actually watch them online on TVG, the regional station, quite often. If not, you have to wait for their damn slow website or Galicia papers reports, like La Voz de Galicia. 

I'd say he has played about 35% of league minutes this year, must be the 12th or 13th player in minutes. Purely on what I've seen so far. I think he is doing very well. 

I agree Ferrol does a pretty decent job now with their tweets. Even respond to questions, etc. What's your twitter handle "Unnamed Trialist" ?

If Ferrol were to get promoted this year, and Piette were to be signed by Ferrol, I would be quite excited. Yes, it's not La Liga, but playing in Segunda Division would be better than all but a few of our national team players (save for Hutchinson, Hoilett, Henry, Petrasso when with QPR)

I think Aird will have to move as the talent at Rangers will only increase if/when they get promoted.  I would think that comparatively speaking, Gasporotto is in a much better position right now and if Aird can find a move to a Greenock Morton sized club, that's the best he should expect.

I think Aird will have to move as the talent at Rangers will only increase if/when they get promoted.  I would think that comparatively speaking, Gasporotto is in a much better position right now and if Aird can find a move to a Greenock Morton sized club, that's the best he should expect.

There was talk about him moving on loan to the Championship back in fall. Those rumours may heat up again this window. Bolton was one of the clubs reported to be interested. Initially I was surprised that he was linked to a Championship side like Bolton, but perhaps I shouldn't be. This is still Glasgow Rangers and they still have a solid team despite being in the Scottish Championship.

At this moment in time, they'd probably survive the English Championship. Although the team is mostly Scottish Youth internationals (many U-21's), they do have a sprinkling of full Scottish internationals and one retired one (Kenny Miller). There are also players on loan from Arsenal, Spurs and I think Chelsea. It is no surprise Aird has struggled to get minutes.

That is why they want to send him on loan, perhaps to the Championship. Again, when you consider the players in this Rangers team, you can also imagine they'd feel confident one of their young players could get minutes on loan in the English second flight. It is not exactly a cake walk to get into this Rangers side. They are top of the table and have double the goal difference of second place Hibernian, which are traditionally a solid SPL club in their own right.

Check out the run at 1:00: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VYpyhzwSJs&feature=youtu.be <-- Jamar Dixon 2015 Highlights

Wouldn't the Finnish top flight (which is somehow the 2nd division) be about the same level as the Scottish "2nd division", or whatever they're calling it these days) where Aird and Gasparotto play?  Shouldn't Floro be having a look at Dixon?

Things were sure easier before the days of Premier divisions and divisions called Football League One which are actually third divisions.  I miss the simpler times when divisions were numbered from one to whatever.   God I'm old.

Wouldn't the Finnish top flight (which is somehow the 2nd division) be about the same level as the Scottish "2nd division", or whatever they're calling it these days) where Aird and Gasparotto play?  Shouldn't Floro be having a look at Dixon?

Things were sure easier before the days of Premier divisions and divisions called Football League One which are actually third divisions.  I miss the simpler times when divisions were numbered from one to whatever.   God I'm old.

I'd say the Scottish environment is tougher and the level of player is higher, regardless Floro should have a look at Dixon, because he is incredibly versatile and I think that would make him a valuable bench/tournament player.

Veikkausliga is the top division, Dixon plays in the Ykkonen which is the second division.

I thionk that what SuperCanuck has asked has been answered. Finland is not a high level, and I don't want Grizzly writing a tl;dr post about how the Finnish Second division is not a good level. Charlie Trafford was a star player at a good club in Finland and got a call-up when we chose to keep many midifielders at their clubs and they need an injury for that to happen and he wasn't called when the full squad was in. I'm not even talking about a player who plays in the second division. Plus, Aird is only there because we need someone who can play right back alongside Ouimette with Ledgerwood injured  and he was chosen. It's unfair to compare both players, and given that Gasparotto was U23 eligible could explain his call-up.

I agree Ferrol does a pretty decent job now with their tweets. Even respond to questions, etc. What's your twitter handle "Unnamed Trialist" ?

Because Twitter and Facebook do not recognize partial humans and fragmentary identities, odd hobbies and incoherent personalities, I am off. My FB account is open, with my wife as sole friend, only because I blogged and wrote for a month on why I was leaving. Could not be happier. Especially FB, a huge scam IMHO.

That is basically it, seriously. I got off the bird and the FB for personal reasons, but do post for a business concern of mine using that identity, trying to keep things separate. 

Because Twitter and Facebook do not recognize partial humans and fragmentary identities, odd hobbies and incoherent personalities, I am off. My FB account is open, with my wife as sole friend, only because I blogged and wrote for a month on why I was leaving. Could not be happier. Especially FB, a huge scam IMHO.

That is basically it, seriously. I got off the bird and the FB for personal reasons, but do post for a business concern of mine using that identity, trying to keep things separate. 

that's cool. No worries.

Petrasso and Hoilett both starting once again for QPR as they visit the fake hoops of Reading, the match is on beIN Sports btw!

I’m watching this one. Petrasso played 63 minutes; Hoilett is still on the field. Hoilett plays at the left wing and Petrasso played at right wing. On interesting moment of the game was that Hoilett and Petrasso changed positions between 50 and 55 minutes and that’s when Petrasso had his first attempt on goal, which resulted in a blocked shot. So far Hoilett created a lot of chances, being able to cross the ball a few times. Petrasso did ok and struggle at times on 1v1 situations.

The game is still 0 – 0 after 70 minutes.

Edit: Hoilett played 75 minutes.

Archived