Domenica qualifier to be used as a protest of Blatter re-election

Hello fellow Ultras,

I, like many of you, am troubled about the current state of our world governing body for the beautiful game. It is beyond comprehension and totally unacceptable that Mr.Blatter should be re-elected in such a land slide following the biggest scandal to rock FIFA in its history. Rather than use this as an opportunity to re-invent itself, FIFA managed to get it completely wrong and stay the course, embarassing itself futher with the whole world watching.

I am of the position that Mr.Blatter, even if he is proven that he is innocent of all wrong doing and illegal activity (highly unlikely), should at the very least be seen as imcompetent leader unaware of the blatant wrong doings of his supporting cast. These are individuals he himself has promoted and selected to represent Football.

As concerned football lovers, I say we band together and make a stand against this sorry state of FIFA. What better way to do so than to use a FIFA World Cup qualfier as our medium to be heard by the governing snakes. Let us call for Blatter to stand down immediately to let the repair process begin. No more Football Dictatorship!! Its the least we can do, whos with me?!

All suggestions are welcome!! I was recently inspired by the stand made against Argos coming into our wonderful Soccer Specific Stadium in Toronto. The "Innebriati" of section 114 really made their voices heard with a wonderful display condemning this action. Something as simple as this can be employed for our home game vs Domenica on June 16:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/toronto-fc-tfc-mls-major-league-soccer-mlse-argos-bmo-field-usector-grass-field/

Hello fellow Ultras,

I, like many of you, am troubled about the current state of our world governing body for the beautiful game. It is beyond comprehension and totally unacceptable that Mr.Blatter should be re-elected in such a land slide following the biggest scandal to rock FIFA in its history. Rather than use this as an opportunity to re-invent itself, FIFA managed to get it completely wrong and stay the course, embarassing itself futher with the whole world watching.

I am of the position that Mr.Blatter, even if he is proven that he is innocent of all wrong doing and illegal activity (highly unlikely), should at the very least be seen as imcompetent leader unaware of the blatant wrong doings of his supporting cast. These are individuals he himself has promoted and selected to represent Football.

As concerned football lovers, I say we band together and make a stand against this sorry state of FIFA. What better way to do so than to use a FIFA World Cup qualfier as our medium to be heard by the governing snakes. Let us call for Blatter to stand down immediately to let the repair process begin. No more Football Dictatorship!! Its the least we can do, whos with me?!

All suggestions are welcome!! I was recently inspired by the stand made against Argos coming into our wonderful Soccer Specific Stadium in Toronto. The "Innebriati" of section 114 really made their voices heard with a wonderful display condemning this action. Something as simple as this can be employed for our home game vs Domenica on June 16:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/toronto-fc-tfc-mls-major-league-soccer-mlse-argos-bmo-field-usector-grass-field/

Can the Fifa Fair Play banner be omitted during introductions or have an additional banner like Fair Leadership, or similar.

Maybe a banner saying "FIFA...Get Your Act Together"  or "BLATTER OUT" could be done but if anything doing something like that during the Gold Cup game might make more sense as it would have greater exposure although it wouldn't hurt to do it for the Dominica game. Having said that I don't know if we'd wanna "tarnish our one Gold Cup game with a political message but what do i know. 

Should probably figure out if the match is on TV before getting all protesty

I tweeted gavin day this past weekend and he said no confirmation on tv for the home leg. But they were working on a live stream for the away leg depending on dominica stadium wifi connection.

Sidenote. What connection would they need to create a live stream. 5? 10? 20 mb/s?

Maybe a banner saying "FIFA...Get Your Act Together"  or "BLATTER OUT" could be done but if anything doing something like that during the Gold Cup game might make more sense as it would have greater exposure although it wouldn't hurt to do it for the Dominica game. Having said that I don't know if we'd wanna "tarnish our one Gold Cup game with a political message but what do i know. 

Gold Cup is really CONCACAF's show, considering current and former presidents have been indicted might not be a bad idea, but targetted towards the bigwigs at CONCACAF who clearly need to clean up their house as well. However, like you said I dont really want to make our only gold cup game ever into something political, just support our boys as they will need those 3 points against superior opposition.

Id rather use it to put some excitement into what should be a relatively easy game for Canada. Plus its the first event since this crisis, can Get us fans rallying behind something thats truly important and needs change! If we do a banner that could be unveiled at subsequent games as well !

My two cents - FIFA is broken, but also cleaning house completely. The FBI, IRS, Swiss authorities are taking care of business. Lets leave them to it.

We as CMNT supporters have waited some years for this match, lets celebrate the match and promote the CMNT is a positive light. Any protest we do will have absolutely zero effect. Heck - the game vs Domenica (pop. ~70K) will likely go untelevised.

When we pound this tiny island 8-0 at home, enjoy it with our fellow supports and players. Invest any resources Red & White banners, smoke canisters, flags, etc.

^I have to agree.  We went on (something like) a 38 year scoring drought.  Let's focus on the boys and hopefully we'll have some results similar to the start of the last qualifying campaign, where players like Larin and Tesho can start their goal accounts.

Archived