Canadians in MLS 2015 Preseason camps

masster

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he's a real long shot. Being a non domestic is going to kill whatever chance he had.

Also with the Impact (I think) holding his rights, and (almost certainly) wanting some kind of return on investment for developing him. A green card might be the best reason for a Canadian academy kid to go NCAA, rather than pro-right away. Ouimette's MLS eggs were all in one basket and unfortunately it didn't work out.

Also with the Impact (I think) holding his rights, and (almost certainly) wanting some kind of return on investment for developing him. A green card might be the best reason for a Canadian academy kid to go NCAA, rather than pro-right away. Ouimette's MLS eggs were all in one basket and unfortunately it didn't work out.

The Impact doesn't  own Ouimette's rights. He got waived, he didn't leave Montreal to go to go somewhere else.

De jong had another quiet but steady game as SKC beat the sounders 3-2. He's not really standing out but he's certainly not out of place either. Hopefully he does enough to earn a contract. I haven't watched Sinovic in preseason yet, but from what I recall of him as a player, he has different qualities from de Jong. Marcel has smarter movement off the ball when his team is in posession. His decision making and soccer IQ are much higher than the majority of LB's in MLS. He played his entire career in Europe and it shows. On the downside, his recovery runs have been poor and worrying. I don't know if this is a lack of fitness or what but I have seen this flaw in his game in some of our recent friendlies.

De jong had another quiet but steady game as SKC beat the sounders 3-2. He's not really standing out but he's certainly not out of place either. Hopefully he does enough to earn a contract. I haven't watched Sinovic in preseason yet, but from what I recall of him as a player, he has different qualities from de Jong. Marcel has smarter movement off the ball when his team is in posession. His decision making and soccer IQ are much higher than the majority of LB's in MLS. He played his entire career in Europe and it shows. On the downside, his recovery runs have been poor and worrying. I don't know if this is a lack of fitness or what but I have seen this flaw in his game in some of our recent friendlies.

Vermees mentioned in an interview that De Jong is not very fit and they are working on it.

De Jong has signed with Sporting KC. Glad to see he's back in a playing situation where he can actually see the pitch. 

www.sportingkc.com/news/2015/03/sporting-kansas-city-signs-canadian-mens-national-team-defender-marcel-de-jong/

That is great. I was getting worried since we had not heard anything and it is so close to the start of the season or the start of the strike.

Archived