TFC vs Impact 26Oct13

tmcmurph

It looks like wins by both Houston and New England plus a draw or better by Chicago are required for Montreal to not make the playoffs. Houston and New England are both playing weak teams and could get the full 3 points but Chicago face New York but only need a draw. Going to be an interesting day. Here is hoping for an upset in one of those games. Would be nice to have at least one Canadian team in the playoffs.

It looks like wins by both Houston and New England plus a draw or better by Chicago are required for Montreal to not make the playoffs. Houston and New England are both playing weak teams and could get the full 3 points but Chicago face New York but only need a draw. Going to be an interesting day. Here is hoping for an upset in one of those games. Would be nice to have at least one Canadian team in the playoffs.

Not me. If We Can't Have Nice Things, Why Should They? ;)

Not me. If We Can't Have Nice Things, Why Should They? ;)

Hahaha great banner. Our home turf was well defended. Always nice to send the boys in blue home angry on a 6 hour bus ride. They looked pretty steamed after that one yesterday. Blue kook aid indeed.

Yea it is always nice to beat your rivals and play spoiler. Especially when the season for TFC hasn't gone very well. I'd still like to see all 3 Canadian teams in the playoffs as that is what the average person relates to. "You didn't make the playoffs? Oh you must be just like the Flames & Leafs". Houston won their game and New England win 1-0 even though the ref gave 9 (yes NINE) minutes of injury time for Columbus to tie.

And now NYRB are up 4-1 with 10 minutes left. Montreal get to be the road team for the play in game against Houston!

Hahaha great banner. Our home turf was well defended. Always nice to send the boys in blue home angry on a 6 hour bus ride. They looked pretty steamed after that one yesterday. Blue kook aid indeed.

IMFC won the game, since it was a game of "no, we insist, you take the three points". TFC gave it a good effort, squandering quality chances agains the woodwork and wide, and with Earnshaw putting himself in an early ejection scenario, but he didn't get the call and in the end it wasn't enough. The Impact's rugged refusal to pass the ball from one team member to another, coupled with their stolid determination not to care despite it being close to a do or die situation, won the day. Maybe after Nelson has a chance to turn things around TFC will finally be able to give home games away to IMFC for now the Impact remain the Kings of BMediOcrity. Now the Impact are free to go embarrass themselves on the international stage while TFC has to sit around making positive changes and having hope for the future.

Was a fun game in the stands... last saturday, especially since at the start of the game it was clear the Ultras Kop was bigger then the south end at BMO... you pretty much have to wonder what marketing spark will rebuild fan support in TO, hating Montreal is not going to pack the park as it did not seem to work as market strategy last weekend.

PS the Beer sellers even realize how bad its getting, had great chat with June at the North East corner well buying cidre de pomme...nice touch that, and of course the Bud Girls seemed to like El Grande Grizzly a lot ....

Montreal has long road ahead to go deeper into the playoffs, hopefully the heat of Houston will loosen old legs and MD will come back into form at just the right time.

We may be drinking blue Kook-Aid but at least it comes in playoff flavour! Despite red Kook-Aid being around for a lot longer than than blue, apparently Kook-Aid corporation has never deemed it proper or desirable to offer playoff flavoured red Kook-Aid. I am actually planning to drink many pints of playoff flavoured Kook-Aid this Thursday evening at Frappe. Since I know you have a winter full of Kook-Aid abstention and detox therapy, I'll be sure to drink one in your honour in an effort to cheer up your sorrows! :)

We may be drinking blue Kook-Aid but at least it comes in playoff flavour! Despite red Kook-Aid being around for a lot longer than than blue, apparently Kook-Aid corporation has never deemed it proper or desirable to offer playoff flavoured red Kook-Aid. I am actually planning to drink many pints of playoff flavoured Kook-Aid this Thursday evening at Frappe. Since I know you have a winter full of Kook-Aid abstention and detox therapy, I'll be sure to drink one in your honour in an effort to cheer up your sorrows! :)

The safe play would have waiting until Friday to "discover" the board was back up and running. That way you wouldn't have to comment on playoffs you likely won't be in for that long.

BTW, I came to say hi after our big win Saturday. Didn't see you but a lot of your angry friends spoke on your behalf. At least they didn't hit us with anything this time. Kook Aid, chairs, whatever. Oh well, next time.

The safe play would have waiting until Friday to "discover" the board was back up and running. That way you wouldn't have to comment on playoffs you likely won't be in for that long.

BTW, I came to say hi after our big win Saturday. Didn't see you but a lot of your angry friends spoke on your behalf. At least they didn't hit us with anything this time. Kook Aid, chairs, whatever. Oh well, next time.

Playing it safe is not a characteristic of myself nor Montreal fans in general. Nevertheless, not really sure why it would be necessary to wait until Friday to comment on the playoffs. I am disappointed in the poor end of the season and the poor way we played in Toronto and we may not last long in the playoffs but once you make them anything can happen. And making the playoffs and having the highest point total of any Canadian team in MLS history is a pretty big achievement by itself especially for a 2nd year team. Maybe if one day you ending up getting your playoff cherry popped you will appreciate the significance of them more!

BTW, I am sorry I missed you Saturday. As a guy who is always critical of away supporters behaviour I am sure you came over to the away supporters with the best of intentions to congratulate us on our strong season because heading over to the away supporters section is always the best move for a peaceful home supporter.

because heading over to the away supporters section is always the best move for a peaceful home supporter.

Just wanted to make sure you had everything you needed for your long bus ride of uncertainty. But playing it safe is not a characteristic of myself either.

By the way we can measure a 5th place conference finish and a Semi-Final champions league exit side by side like a couple of 1.5 inch peckers, but let's save the rhetoric for when either side sprouts up something meaningful.

Good luck in Houston.

(*by "in" I mean "to")

The pitch was poor. Also I don't know what it is like in the stands or at field level, but it seems like nearly ever game I watch at BMO (though less often for MNT games, perhaps because they are played at night) is being held in gale force winds. Is the a defect of the stadium location or design?

Archived