Voyageurs Cup predictions

Like I have done the past 4 years, I've got a prediction contest running on my blog for this year's Voyageurs Cup tournament. Feel free to post your predictions in this thread, but if you want to enter the contest (there will be prizes) check out the blog post

http://oot-football.blogspot.com/2013/04/voyageurs-cup-pool-2013-edition.html

Personally I've got Toronto winning again, but I wouldn't be much surprised by any outcome other than an Edmonton win.

^ Bump.

8 days until the matches. 8 days to make your picks. Over 20 entries in so far. Nobody has yet been brave enough to pick Edmonton to win over two legs (or even a single match, for that matter). Lots of love for Darren Mattocks for Golden Boot. Does he even have a goal this year?

I'm not going to predict an upset, but if the Whitecaps put out a fully second string lineup in Edmonton, which it sounds like they might, then I give the Eddies a real shot to get a result in the first leg. The reserves have had some underwhelming and inconsistent results in games against out of season University opposition. I am really curious to see what Martin Rennie will do.

The Whitecaps will put a B squad but the subs will make it a B+ Squad in case they run into trouble. They will rest some veteran, maybe Miller will get a few minutes of play if he doesn't play this weekend. Rest Joe Cannon? Why not and see how Brad does. We might see also Koffie, Salgado and Manneh. I think Edmonton can definitely salvage a Draw but I would LOVE a Win even an UGLY one on their part, as the 2nd leg in BC Place would be a crucial one for the Whitecaps since keep missing a final touch to get their hands on that trophy.

• 2 weeks later...

I would have to go for Montreal since they are looking a lot better and more stable in the back than Whitecaps. I think it's ridiculous that Cannon is still in goal, he's such a liability back there. Did you notice how he just watches the ball go into the net? Even if you don't make it, at least TRY and stop the ball. He's cost VWFC at least 5 points so far. Compare that with Perkins who is not spectacular but plays every game on a very high level. No, it's goin to be Montreal unless Schällibaum rests half the team again.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BUMP.

9 days to get your picks in, and now that FC Edmonton (1-1 draw at Tampa) and Ottawa Fury (0-2 losers at Fort Lauderdale) have kicked off their seasons you should have a bit more information to go on.

http://oot-football.blogspot.ca/2014/04/voyageurs-cup-pool-2014-edition.html

Deadline is 7:30pm et, next Wednesday April 23rd, which is kickoff of the first leg of Edmonton-Ottawa.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived