Blas Perez?

Addona

Not sure which thread this should go into, but how much longer is Blas Perez out for? I don't think he's played since leaving Panama's 2nd WCQ against Cuba at halftime. Obviously, that's a prolonged layoff for what I originally thought was a minor injury.

The longer the better...

No doubt, our back line has been rock solid so far and without Blas I can't see them causing us too many problems in Toronto at least.

That said I'll be pretty surprised if he isn't with Panama for those two matches, he has roughly 4 weeks. Maybe De Guzman can re aggravate his injury in training? I know I'm not De Guzman but if I was I honestly would, **** it Dallas is gonna release him in a few months any way.

No doubt, our back line has been rock solid so far and without Blas I can't see them causing us too many problems in Toronto at least. That said I'll be pretty surprised if he isn't with Panama for those two matches, he has roughly 4 weeks. Maybe De Guzman can re aggravate his injury in training? I know I'm not De Guzman but if I was I honestly would, **** it Dallas is gonna release him in a few months any way.

Oh, I agree, he'll surely be on the roster, but I'm hoping not at 100% fitness. There is only 1 week until Panama plays Portugal (I think). I'm hoping that he at least misses that match. Dallas play twice this coming week, so we'll know a lot more very soon.

No doubt, our back line has been rock solid so far and without Blas I can't see them causing us too many problems in Toronto at least. That said I'll be pretty surprised if he isn't with Panama for those two matches, he has roughly 4 weeks. Maybe De Guzman can re aggravate his injury in training? I know I'm not De Guzman but if I was I honestly would, **** it Dallas is gonna release him in a few months any way.

Oh, I agree that he'll be on the roster ... no doubt about that. I just hope that he's not 100% fit. I'm hoping that he at least misses the friendly against Portugal. Dallas has 2 matches this week, so we'll know a lot more soon.

No doubt, our back line has been rock solid so far and without Blas I can't see them causing us too many problems in Toronto at least.

That said I'll be pretty surprised if he isn't with Panama for those two matches, he has roughly 4 weeks. Maybe De Guzman can re aggravate his injury in training? I know I'm not De Guzman but if I was I honestly would, **** it Dallas is gonna release him in a few months any way.

Oh, I agree that he'll be on the roster ... no doubt about that. I just hope that he's not 100% fit. I'm hoping that he at least misses the friendly against Portugal. Dallas has 2 matches this week, so we'll know a lot more soon.

Oh, I agree that he'll be on the roster, no doubt about that. I just hope that he's not 100% fit. I'm hoping that he at least misses the friendly against Portugal. Dallas has 2 matches this week, so we'll know a lot more soon.

Yes he still has 4 weeks, but as of right now he can't shoot or pass without pain. He also has no idea when he will come back, which doesn't sound like he will be back in a week or so. Then, even if he is back in a few weeks, he needs to get fit.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/node/195210

Thanks for that link.

Calling it a ligament injury to the right instep, originally thought to be out 6-8 weeks. We're at about 8 weeks now so there must be a mis-diagnosis or he aggravated the injury somehow. Let's keep our fingers crossed that his recovery takes a little longer...

Haha. I was talking about in Panama.

You are wrong, We, panamenians, don´t throw that stuff, but go and ask in El Salvador.

That´s said, I can add to the discussion that not even the doctors at Dallas FC know what is actually going on with him, so apparently he won´t be ready for the back to back matches in September. The situation is even worse b´cause our other striker, Tejada, is still out of shape, and the alternatives are not really good, so our offensive is in shambles right now.

Now good luck canucks, but just as you, we expect to be in the next round after this two matches, and it is a shame that your team didn´t beat Honduras, otherwise we can probably divide the points and left the catrachos almost out of the WCQ.

You are wrong, We, panamenians, don´t throw that stuff, but go and ask in El Salvador.

That´s said, I can add to the discussion that not even the doctors at Dallas FC know what is actually going on with him, so apparently he won´t be ready for the back to back matches in September. The situation is even worse b´cause our other striker, Tejada, is still out of shape, and the alternatives are not really good, so our offensive is in shambles right now.

Now good luck canucks, but just as you, we expect to be in the next round after this two matches, and it is a shame that your team didn´t beat Honduras, otherwise we can probably divide the points and left the catrachos almost out of the WCQ.

I'm sure Tejada will be fine in time for the September matches if he has been called to this Portugal friendly

Ya we shouldn't generalize and lump Panamanians in as throwing piss. I hope Blas is ok, after we play you guys of course :). TBH I was really impressed with your attack in the Gold Cup, looked very fluid and Tejada and Blas seemed to be a real force.

Yeah, we really blew it against Honduras at home where we dominated play. Otherwise, I would have been happy to trade 3 points with you guys and screw them over, all on the up and up, of course. ;)

Well Tejada was called but the peruvian club in which he play had a game yesterday and thus his travel to play Wednesday was a logistic nightmare and probably he will be too tired to play, so he decided not to play at that macht, the worst thing is that his team was thrashed yesterday: 5 - 1 lost, but hopefully he will be in shape for the september matches.

Renteria has been called several times, but so far is scoreless, the two main strikers that will play against Portugal will be Aguilar that play in Panama´s league Tauro and a 22 year´s old Rolando Blackburn that plays in the Slovak club FK Senica.

Let see what happens.

Nice to have a civil dude such as yourself post here, even if you are cheering for our opponent! Yeah, we sort of blew the puppy vs. the Hondus, but all is not lost. I would much rather see Panama and Canada at the top of the table than the catrachos.

Nice to have a civil dude such as yourself post here, even if you are cheering for our opponent! Yeah, we sort of blew the puppy vs. the Hondus, but all is not lost. I would much rather see Panama and Canada at the top of the table than the catrachos.

+1. As you can tell, we don't have much love for the Hondurans here so if both Canada and panama qualify for the next stage, I will be very happy.

Archived