Blas Perez?

Addona

Thanks for the update Red Tide.

Would you be able to provide a summary of Panama NT? I know they are a good (and underestimated) team in CONCACAF, but I am not familiar with their squad like I am with Honduras. Outside of Blas Perez, who are the players to watch for? I know Baloy is a good player since he is a starter for Santos Laguna, and I believe there is another defender with one of the top Polish clubs? What about the striker with the Peruvian club? What kind of player is he and how does he work with Perez? He has a good goal scoring record.

It would be nice to hear the opinion of a Panamaian. Gracias y buena suerte mi amigo!

Sorry for the the late answer

This is the usual Marea Roja start line up

Well I can tell you that we have a really good GK, Jaime Penedo is regarded as the best goalie in Central America, although he is still playing in Municipal of Guatemala,as CB we have Baloy who plays central, he had been champion in Mexico with Monterrey and now with Santos, also one of the best defenders in that league, the other central is R. Torres who plays for the Millonarios of the colombian league and LB is the one that plays in the Lech Poznan, winning the polish champion, Luis "el coco" Henriquez.

The two DM are Amilkar Henriquez, who plays with the Deportivo Independiente de Medellin in Colombia, and Gabriel " Gavilan" Gomez of the Philadelphia Union

We usually play with two of this three AM, they can be Armando Cooper of the Godoy Cruz,Argentina; Nelson Barahona of the Huila, Colombia, and Alberto Quintero who plays in the Chorrillo of our local league, depending of the game the DT will choose wich one will stay ata the bench

And finally the forwards the already know Blas and the lesser know but probably is better finisher than Blas,

I´ll be ´posting videos and pictures

^Thanks, looking forward to the videos!

Interesting that Penedo is regarded as the best goalie in central america. I am surprised he plays with Municipal, and not in Liga MX. Thanks for the information on Baloy, I knew he was your top defender but never knew he was that highly rated in Mexico. Liga MX is a good level so that is quite the compliment for him. I would like to know more about Armando Cooper: is he a key player for Goody Cruz, just a good starter, or a bench player?

Also, what Canadian players do you consider the best, or most dangerous? I am interested to know what the perception of my team is.

Just an added comment on the other forward for Panama. He is champion with his club in Peru and also top scorer last season. And he is the current league top scorer this season. My opinion the Canadian team has a very good defense that's the biggest strength. Dangerous players I don't see but very good playing together. Known players in Panama Del Rosario and Guzman.

Just an added comment on the other forward for Panama. He is champion with his club in Peru and also top scorer last season. And he is the current league top scorer this season. My opinion the Canadian team has a very good defense that's the biggest strength. Dangerous players I don't see but very good playing together. Known players in Panama Del Rosario and Guzman.

Very interesting, thanks for the feedback, the Peru based striker is probably the one Canada should watch out for. Hasn't he transfered to Boliviar or am I thinking of another player? Considering his strike rate he is another player I am surprised doesn't play in Liga MX.

Thanks for your percpetive on Canada. Interesting that you think Canada play good together because the opinion amongst our fans is that our team has problems with cohesion, but we are improving in that regard. As for the defense, they tend to get the job done, but I wouldn't consider it our strength.

Funny that DeRosario and deGuzman are the players with a reputation. I can understand DeRosario considering he was MVP of MLS last season, but deGuzman is nowhere near the player he was for Deportivo La Coruna. Surprised that Hutchinson does not get recognized since almost everyone on this website agrees he is Canada's best player. He is a regular starter for PSV and was the Danish player of the year in 2010 with Copenhagen. Simeon Jackson is another name I would expect to come up considering he plays at Norwich City. I guess the reality is that neither Jackson or Hutchinson has done anything noteworthy in CONCACAF, while deGuzman was the Gold Cup 2007 MVP, and DeRosario is Canada's all-time leading goal scorer.

Agree Marearoja fan, Obinna, the one that is playing in Bolivar is Renteria, this is Tejada, the video is a little long but show that he is not only a scorer but also a playmaker

Thanks Red Tide. Tejada looks to be just what I expected him to be, a very good finisher! Canada is going to have to mark him tight in the box, as he appears to be quite an opportunist.

Obviously I am hoping for Canada to take at least 4 points from the next 2 games, but man I really hope Panama advances to the hex instead of Honduras.

BTW, Blas Perez played around 50 minutes for Dallas against LA. It was his first game back.

I watched this game. Blas looked ok, I think we need to go in on him strong he didn't seem to be too comfortable playing physical (obviously his first game back though). Struggled to make an impact really but had at least one decent shot on net. De Guzman went 90 and was very good in the quick short build-up play, Dallas is utilizing him 1000x better than TFC ever did... he is what he is, a quick swing man out of the back who picks up loose balls and breaks down attacks. When you allow him to focus solely on that and not on being a box to box midfielder he's a lot better.

I watched this game. Blas looked ok, I think we need to go in on him strong he didn't seem to be too comfortable playing physical (obviously his first game back though). Struggled to make an impact really but had at least one decent shot on net. De Guzman went 90 and was very good in the quick short build-up play, Dallas is utilizing him 1000x better than TFC ever did... he is what he is, a quick swing man out of the back who picks up loose balls and breaks down attacks. When you allow him to focus solely on that and not on being a box to box midfielder he's a lot better.

I also watched the game (well, the 2nd half), and I have to agree with you. Understandably Perez looked rather average, but he did have a decent strike on target toward the end. I am more worried of the other striker from Peru to be honest.

Regarding deGuzman, it is so nice to see him in his element. He is dependable in posession and keeps it simple, plays the ball that is on, and really keeps his composure. He still does not look as mobile as he did when in Spain however. Going forward for the national team, I think he will continue to be a starter, but alot of those 90 minute appearances are going to turn into 80 and 75 minute appearances. You can tell he doesn't have the legs to give it his all, but he is still very very important to the team and I am glad he has looked good with FCD. I hope he goes back to Europe and signs with a club like Almeria or Zaragoza.

Archived