U23 Camp

Max

This might be the problem, because DC doesn't want to release Deleon because they are releasing Najar and they play the same position.

Yes but Seattle is deep at forward and Cato isn't likely to feature anyways, I'm sure you'll be fine

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where are Gala and Owusu even playing?

Gabe Gala was playing in the CSL last season...KOA in Finnish 2nd division as Tarnado mentioned...it seems every cycle some of the more talented teens end up flopping out in their early-20's, just goes to show being a good professional takes as much mental strength as talent.

^Kinda wondering then why Keegan would even bring up those two players? I know he said "not surprising"...but still...

Anyway, I think the team is good. We may or may not qualify but the guys selected all seem fairly stable in their careers (more of them are stable than aren't I guess...)

^Kinda wondering then why Keegan would even bring up those two players? I know he said "not surprising"...but still...

Anyway, I think the team is good. We may or may not qualify but the guys selected all seem fairly stable in their careers (more of them are stable than aren't I guess...)

Both were around the Canadian youth levels and even part of the 2007 U20 WC team a cycle early... KOA trialled for LA Galaxy as a 16 year old and then went to Europe. Wasn't suggesting they had a chance.

In case anyone is curious, the US weren't able to get West Ham's Sebastian Lletget or Hertha Berlin's Alfredo Morales. It doesn't mean those two are definitely not going to be there as they're still working on getting them released but they weren't able to name those to the roster they announced today.

Congratulations and good luck to all involved.

With Kyle Bekker and Evan James' selections a quite remarkable streak continues. Since the 1990 age group first became eligible for Canadian youth caps at the Caribbean Youth Cup in 2005 at least one member of Phil Iafrate's Oakville Blue Stars has been selected for every National youth team. In total seven different Blue Stars have played for Canada: Bekker and James; Alex Semenets; William Hyde; Andrew Barsalona; Shomesh Chaudhuri; and Macca Wilde. Three of them (Bekker, Hyde and Wilde) played their house league soccer in Oakville and were Blue Stars at U9. Semenets, Barsalona and Chaudhuri left their home clubs to join the Blue Stars at U11 and Evan played in Mississauga before joining the Blue Stars at U16.

I can't imagine there has ever been one team (male or female, in any sport) that can come close to that record of accomplishment. The nice thing about forums like this is that someone is going to tell me I'm wrong!

Phil should be very proud.

In case anyone is curious, the US weren't able to get West Ham's Sebastian Lletget or Hertha Berlin's Alfredo Morales. It doesn't mean those two are definitely not going to be there as they're still working on getting them released but they weren't able to name those to the roster they announced today.

It's pathetic the U.S. still has to rely on Freddy Adu instead of giving other promising youngsters a chance. Most American fans are too stupid to realize he's not the "wonderkid" he was hyped up to be when he was 15 yrs old. I hope Canada upsets the Yanks so they stop cheating and stacking the roster with overage African mercenaries.

It's pathetic the U.S. still has to rely on Freddy Adu instead of giving other promising youngsters a chance. Most American fans are too stupid to realize he's not the "wonderkid" he was hyped up to be when he was 15 yrs old. I hope Canada upsets the Yanks so they stop cheating and stacking the roster with overage African mercenaries.

Well you can't fault them for using him, he's under 23 and clearly one of their best players in that category... whether he is actually 22 is another question.

Guest Brethers
TFC can't refuse a call-up to the CMNT for WCQ. They are in FIFA windows and will all be played regionally anyway...

I think ChrisB meant is it possible TFC would refuse a U23 call up as Morgan is also in our WCQ plans. I'm not sure, I think they'd refuse a call up to the U23s because he is developing into an integral part of their starting lineup

For all of the U23s? Or just the semis (if we make it)?

Sorry it took me a while to follow up! It now looks like Ashtone will NOT be released at all, I'm not sure why, possibly because of TFC's advancement in the CCL! Really too bad because the team could certainly use him and he was looking forward to the tournament!

Archived