U23 Camp

Max

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
davies, doesnt really deserve a call up....but ughhh okay

I think he does, don't just look at the mismanagement of the 2011 Caps. We are calling up Porter and Saiko who basically replicated what Davies did in 2010 with the Caps in the same league.

If Davies was in NASL last year he's playing and contributing the same as Saiko and Porter I imagine based on his 2010 season. Call him up to the camp. What can it hurt? If he performs he makes the team, if he doesn't....

The camp squad prob won't fully indicate who is all going to be a part of the group I think as guys like REB doubtfully will be at the camp yet he's said how excited he is for the Olympic Quals for Canada already....

There's actually alot of U-23 players, who have been actively playing whether its been the academy, reserves, or the first team, so to base someone from two seasons ago is a bit tough.

Still, you are calling players up from D2 in North America. It's a low level compared to the rest of the world. The Americans don't know the NASL even exists and are calling players up from MLS and Europe for their U23 team. We are not talking about a high criteria for Davies to meet. He would of been every bit as good, if not better, than the FCE players if he played in a 8 team league against lower competition.

DiChiara defo ahead of Davies but Davies can also play RM as opposed to CM. I don't know the depth chart for this group well. Do we really have 4 CM ahead of Davies and/or 2-3 RM ahead of Davies?

CMs (hopefully): Di Chiara, Saiko, Gyorio, Bekker, Kajgo

RM/RWs: Porter, James, Davies, (Pisanjuk and REB, I think both could fit into the right side)

I'm sure I'm forgetting guys but when I thought of those positions right now those are the names that popped up.

Well that would be complete BS if they didn't as every American in MLS is sure to be released

im sure they will release him just not on the 13th , he'll probably be there sometime after the 14th i hope, cause it is Torontos philosophy to have players play for Canada and Canada only

Archived