U23 Camp

Max

Why does the CSA press release list Mozesh Gyorio with Sporting KC? Yet, i dont see his name listed on SKC club roster page. Equally, this squad appeared on a press release from TFC and on that page he is listed as unattached. TFC news release says that he recently spent time with SKC.

http://www.sportingkc.com/players

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/03/reds-olympics-roster

He is still on trial with SKC. He's made it through the entire preseason but hasn't been signed yet.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I too am very disappointed that Morgan was not released. But i am also surprised the Josh Janniere was not named either. Janniere was the ex TFC academy product that was traded to Colorado and had just (this year) moved up to the first team. Or what about Cordon, who has some pro playing experience and is just comming off of a training camp. How can can a bunch of college guys, Nasl'ers, unattached, singapour etc players be rated higher. If a players like Porter, Davies or REB are rated higher than Cordon, then why werent they retained by the Whitecaps? I was hopefull for this squad a few months ago. But after seeing the squad named, i am not anymore. There are too many inexperienced players and this is a tournament for young professionals.

We all believe that a player like Alderson has future in the game. But when i see that an 18 year old (like Alderson) is selected given that he has no professional playing experience under his belt, that tells me that our prospects are grim and that player depth is still an issue. Remember, this is a U23 tournament not an under U19 or U20 tournament. If you have A squad predominantly of 21-22 year olds getting playing professionally (prefferably in MLS due to travel and displacement factors) then you you have a chance in olympic qualifying. But with all those college, youth players and teenagers, released, unattached, singapour, marginal overseas players etc etc, we have a very slim chance. Unless those teenagers are budding superstars. But i hope that i am wrong.

A bit harsh to be ripping players like Porter and Saiko in the NASL who could well be playing in MLS.

No Cordon and no Janniere is pretty puzzling.

Hard to believe Winter would hold Cordon back but at the same time he held back Morgan when he hadn't even played for TFC's first team. Maybe the two sides agreed that if he's not going to be playing for Canada U23s he may as well sit on the bench at TFC as he's eligible for next cycle. I think with Saiko, Gyorio, Alderson, Piette, Bekker there he'd be on the bench for most of the tournament.

Does anyone think at the VERY least TFC can let Morgan come for the semis (if we make it)? I remember in 2008 the States flew in Spector to face us.

Complete List of Players Eligilble but not called

1. Randy Edwini-Bonsu (Eintracht Braunschweig)

2. Ashtone Morgan (Toronto FC)

3. Joseph Di Chara M (FC Krylia Sovetov Samara)

4. Adam Straith (FC Energie Cottbus)

5. Roberto Stillo G

6. Oscar Cordon M (Toronto FC)

7. Keven Aleman F/M (Real Valladolid)

8. Gino Mauro D (Minnesota Stars)

9. Ethan Gage M (Reading FC)

10. Josh Janneire M (Colorado Rapids)

11. Andrew Barsalona M (Eintracht Braunschweig?)

12. Julien Latendresse Lévesque G (FC Energie Cottbus)

....and it can continue

i would say half these players should replace some players who were announced

Does anyone think at the VERY least TFC can let Morgan come for the semis (if we make it)? I remember in 2008 the States flew in Spector to face us.

Speaking of the states, I can see us getting embarrassed against them when we play them, if this is the final roster

Complete List of Players Eligilble but not called

1. Randy Edwini-Bonsu (Eintracht Braunschweig)

2. Ashtone Morgan (Toronto FC)

3. Joseph Di Chara M (FC Krylia Sovetov Samara)

4. Adam Straith (FC Energie Cottbus)

5. Roberto Stillo G

6. Oscar Cordon M (Toronto FC)

7. Keven Aleman F/M (Real Valladolid)

8. Gino Mauro D (Minnesota Stars)

9. Ethan Gage M (Reading FC)

10. Josh Janneire M (Colorado Rapids)

11. Andrew Barsalona M (Eintracht Braunschweig?)

12. Julien Latendresse Lévesque G (FC Energie Cottbus)

....and it can continue

i would say half these players should replace some players who were announced

What do you know about the players called? You're looking at a team of professionals and future professionals.

If you read the thread you would see that Edwini-Bonsu was called and will join the team

Di Chiara and Straith probably weren't released. Gino Mauro has never played an NASL game... Saiko was in the league XI, Gyorio, Porter were stars as well. Yes, it was questionable to not see Stillo or Cordon called, JLL wasn't released. Gage? Who knows... I didn't think he looked all that good at the U20 qualifiers and Fonsesca and Hart were at the U20 camp where they clearly rated Piette high enough to call him to a MNT camp and Alderson is a blue chip youngster. Bekker and Beckie both have a great chance to play in MLS. Sodade has won a spot on the 2nd best team in MLS. I don't know much about Fresenga but I think he could surprise a lot of people, apparently he was playing injured at the U20 qualifiers.

Fonseca won caps for Portugal and played for Benfica, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Thomas apparently very good at his club....the FCE GK too.....Tarnado makes a good point.

I like Thomas as he's been playing in a higher pressure environment for longer than the other two. JPG, your reason for Janssen has to be better than "was apparently"....??? ;) Just giving you a hard time. Whoever plays better do well! :)

Misiewicz's dad thought Janssen played well, if that passes your litmus test.

It's a short tournament, Fonseca will go with whoever rises to the occasion and i think it'll be Janssen.

Randy Edwini-Bonsu will join the team. I don't know when, if that's going to be for the camp or just before qualifying games.

That's awesome! He's our best player and attacker, probably the only guy on the team who can score goals regularly. With him in the lineup it actually gives us a chance to finish 2nd and a long shot to beat Mexico (or whoever else wins the other Group).

Misiewicz's dad thought Janssen played well, if that passes your litmus test.

It's a short tournament, Fonseca will go with whoever rises to the occasion and i think it'll be Janssen.

Jpg75 Misiewicz's dad is never bragging about his son. But if you would like to know his opinion so here its. There is no way that Misiewicz is not going to be in the net (injury free of course).

I'm curious to know if the people who are lamenting this squad are doing so because they just don't recognize a few names. Especially when it comes to someone like Janniere or Barsalona which I'm almost positive people are touting because of the club teams they are attached to and not because they've actually seen them play.

A midfield three of Saiko, Gyorio and Bekker is pretty decent for this age group. As is a front three of REB, Tiebert and Haber/Porter. I'm excited to see those 7 play as well as Sodade and Misiewicz.

Why does the CSA press release list Mozesh Gyorio with Sporting KC? Yet, i dont see his name listed on SKC club roster page. Equally, this squad appeared on a press release from TFC and on that page he is listed as unattached. TFC news release says that he recently spent time with SKC.

http://www.sportingkc.com/players

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/03/reds-olympics-roster

TFC just took my story from the front page of MLS' website. I updated the roster to reflect the true nature of the players' respective club situations.

Not sure why the CSA listed several players as being with clubs when they aren't (officially).

Guest soccer1

The reality is that for this squad to make this all the way to the Final is in the realm of dreaming. Can it happen,possibly,anything is possible in soccer,however,this isn't the "women's qualifiers",where Canada and USA pretty much knew that besides Mexico no one can touch them. In Men's any of the Men's Teams in the U-23 Qualifiers are same or better then Canada.

Guest soccer1

You forgot Andrew Kliment,just completing a transfer from FK Bohemians Praha to MFK Dolny Kubin in Slovakia's second division.

Guest soccer1

Don't understand that they would call up players a week before the start of the Qualifiers who aren't in the training camp...???

Don't understand that they would call up players a week before the start of the Qualifiers who aren't in the training camp...???
Probably because that's the earliest their clubs will let them go. It comes down to whether having a guy who you think will do well but less training time with the team is better than another guy who is not as talented but did have training time.

I'd expect at least Gage to be here if healthy. Reading had no problem letting him go last year for the U-20 Championship.

I think omission that I'm a bit surprised at is Antonio Rago being left out, he had a good year with Edmonton at right back and you'd think we want some cover there.

Not all that surprising but strange to see guys like Gala and Owusu-Ansah drop out of the equation for this team. After such promising starts I would have had both as guarantees for this cycle, too bad it didn't work out for them.

Guys i know some are upset because the clubs aren't releasing all of the U23 players but trust me all of the teams will have to deal with this. Our best player Khaleem Hyland has been already told by Genk that he wont be released. Dc United doesn't want to release Nick Deleon so im not sure how this will be resolved, Mekeil Williams our best defender will probably not be released and Cordell Cato & Jake Thomson most likely wont be coming either. Obviously we don't have as much quality as some of the other teams so losing players with Euro experience will kill us. I think concacaf should be blamed here because they should have held the qualifiers on the past few FIFA dates because only a few of the players U23 players are full internationals. So don't be worried guys most teams wont be at full strength things should balance out.

Guys i know some are upset because the clubs aren't releasing all of the U23 players but trust me all of the teams will have to deal with this. Our best player Khaleem Hyland has been already told by Genk that he wont be released. Dc United doesn't want to release Nick Deleon so im not sure how this will be resolved, Mekeil Williams our best defender will probably not be released and Cordell Cato & Jake Thomson most likely wont be coming either. Obviously we don't have as much quality as some of the other teams so losing players with Euro experience will kill us. I think concacaf should be blamed here because they should have held the qualifiers on the past few FIFA dates because only a few of the players U23 players are full internationals. So don't be worried guys most teams wont be at full strength things should balance out.

You should be able to get Cato, we got Sodade and they both play the same position at Seattle. We are lucky to have Haber and Edwini-Bonsu, really great that could be worked out considering Haber has played so many matches this season and Edwini-Bonsu was MoM in his second match.

You should be able to get Cato, we got Sodade and they both play the same position at Seattle. We are lucky to have Haber and Edwini-Bonsu, really great that could be worked out considering Haber has played so many matches this season and Edwini-Bonsu was MoM in his second match.

That might be the problem right there, because DC doesn't want to release DeLeon because they are already releasing Najar and they play the same position.

Archived