Where should David go next?

alberta white

Barring someone offering a decent bit of cash he won't go anywhere in January. They need to keep him if they have any hope of staying up. He likely isn't costing them too much per week. They have a bet to make - keep him and try to stay up, sell him and run, or keep him-stay up-maybe still lose him for free anyway but at least still be in EPL and the cash that comes with it.

Hoilett needs to not pull a Pienaar. Pienaar left Everton seeking greener pastures and a bigger pay cheque but now can't get a game, and likely wishes he never left. As a result prob will get paid less than when he was at Everton....

Barring someone offering a decent bit of cash he won't go anywhere in January. They need to keep him if they have any hope of staying up. He likely isn't costing them too much per week. They have a bet to make - keep him and try to stay up, sell him and run, or keep him-stay up-maybe still lose him for free anyway but at least still be in EPL and the cash that comes with it.

Hoilett needs to not pull a Pienaar. Pienaar left Everton seeking greener pastures and a bigger pay cheque but now can't get a game, and likely wishes he never left. As a result prob will get paid less than when he was at Everton....

True, and I think it would be smart for him to stay there and finish the year.. he's a key player for them at 21, a great situation for him right now. At the end of the season he can move and he'll have time to adjust to whichever team he moves to in the pre season and establish a role.

Guest Brethers

I would have said not Sunderland had Bruce still been there, but I think O'Neill would be good for David. Newcastle would also be good with the quality job Pardew's doing there. I just want him to be at a solid club, where he can help propel them into Europe or star and get picked up by a bigger club. None of those perenial cellar dwellers like West Brom and Wolves.

I would have said not Sunderland had Bruce still been there, but I think O'Neill would be good for David. Newcastle would also be good with the quality job Pardew's doing there. I just want him to be at a solid club, where he can help propel them into Europe or star and get picked up by a bigger club. None of those perenial cellar dwellers like West Brom and Wolves.

Ok. I dont disagree but i dont recal the last time that Newcastle played in europe. or Sunderland for that matter.

I agree with this, I don’t know how Jr would do playing up top in a CF role for Sunderland as Bendter is only there on a loan and with 4 of their 18 goals scored by strikers, they must be in the market for a one-way attacker. As for Newcastle, this would be an ideal situation if he could get a starting position as they are a young, up-and-coming team who are punching way above their weight-class and, as of now, are 2 pts out of a European spot.

Guest Brethers

To clarify, I didn't mean Newcastle and Sunderland regularly reach Europe. I meant they are examples of teams where David could help sneak them into Europe in the nea future

Since it looks increasingly likely that Blackburn will go down with or without Junior I think there is a strong possibility that they will cash in and he will be sold in January. The amount that they would get from tribunal would be a mere pittance compared to what Junior is worth on a transfer fee. As a Spurs supporter I'd love to see him at Tottenham as the successor to Lennon but for Juniors development he is best at a mid-table team where he can consistantly start and continue to improve with the goal to moving to a top team in 2-3 years.

To clarify, I didn't mean Newcastle and Sunderland regularly reach Europe. I meant they are examples of teams where David could help sneak them into Europe in the nea future

David would make a good addition to the Makhams. To be fair he was one of the Possitive things about last night Blackburn/ Bolton , "el-sackio" class. Sunderlands issues seam to stem from a lack of frontline penetration. they defend well but without an outlet like Bent the oposition finfd it too easy to eventually pick them off.

By the by.... with regards to " el-Sackio" did anybody else see the Blue blanket with the Words "CANADA SAYS , KEAN OUT" written on it?

Now that's an el classico!

Guest Brethers
David would make a good addition to the Makhams. To be fair he was one of the Possitive things about last night Blackburn/ Bolton , "el-sackio" class. Sunderlands issues seam to stem from a lack of frontline penetration. they defend well but without an outlet like Bent the oposition finfd it too easy to eventually pick them off.

By the by.... with regards to " el-Sackio" did anybody else see the Blue blanket with the Words "CANADA SAYS , KEAN OUT" written on it?

Now that's an el classico!

Yeah he had a good second half and it actually looked like he cared too, which was nice to see. O'Neill will sort out Sunderland's attacking problems in January I'm sure and a Hoilett type player would help with his deliveries and attacking runs. His pass to Yakubu last night was superb. Also, O'Neill did a good job developing Ashley Young and he is similar to David. Would be a good fit IMO.

Don't like any of the clubs I've hear rumored a lot... think the best move would be a permanent premier league team that is strong economically but not enough so that he would have to worry about getting dropped for half a season. Villa or Everton or somebody like that.

Am hoping it's not Stoke most of all - no disrespect to them but I think in the next 2-4 years they will end up back in the Championship, they don't have the economic base stadium or city size wise to ever really make any serious noise in the premier league. If they sustain their form bigger clubs are going to start picking off their stars.

Newcastle have a great setup but that bum who owns them makes me a bit nervous about their stability too - better choice than Stoke though. Spurs would be a great club, over a prolonged stretch he'll probably win a cup or two there and play in Europe, but they tear through players so quickly and they almost have too many players in the middle of the park.

Stoke's goalkeeper might be able to give Junior great advice on his international future.

How about no.

In some ways Stoke is suitable ... he needs to be in the regular 11. However, their style definitely does not suit his skill set. Sure they could use that kind of player but I wonder if they would use that kind of player. It would suck if he had his teammates firing 50 yard long balls at him all day.

I hear what people are saying about regular European experience, but he might just end up riding the pine if he went to a team like Spurs. On the other hand, if he did go to a top team and won his place in the starting 11 that would be the best of both worlds. Hard to know how it would all turn out. Maybe Everton with Landycakes would be a good fit (that should get some people hopping).

Archived