Hutch hutch hutch!!!!!

dpetzz

Congrats - Hutch has put together quite the season both with club and country

If we run a Voyageurs POTY contest again this year, he's my clear front runner. Hard to think of a candidate who has done as much professionally and for Canada as Hutch this year (this honour, making a major transfer jump, playing well and scoring for the Nats, playing well in Europe, winning the league in Denmark, and in the running in Netherlands in the early-going).

To Teal Bunbury, and all the other youngsters in our program that have or considered joining an allegedly "more prominent" national team, take a look at the success of people like Hutchinson, Stalteri, and others and tell me that players cannot achieve success being a Canadian international. We have produced a lot of players who have achieved major things in their club career. The only thing missing is success at the world cup. With all the positive changes happening in the Canadian domestic game, it is only a matter of time until we qualify for the World Cup anyway. Its a fantastic time to get on board a national team building all the time.

Congrads Hutch, the fact you play for Canada makes this all the sweeter for the fans.

An amazing day of good news for Hutch, the transfer of Afellay to Barcelona was announced today so hopefully he moves back to midfield for PSV.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=842973&sec=transfers&cc=5901

Yeah, for sure I saw that too, should open up a prime spot for him to get regular time on the pitch with PSV's starting XI after the transfer window opens.

On the flip side how do you feel Afellay will fair in the La Liga, I think that kid is gonna flourish in the Barca system. Will take a season or two to break the first team a regular I'd imagine, but he should slip seemlessly into there club culture and football system.

Yeah, for sure I saw that too, should open up a prime spot for him to get regular time on the pitch with PSV's starting XI after the transfer window opens.

On the flip side how do you feel Afellay will fair in the La Liga, I think that kid is gonna flourish in the Barca system. Will take a season or two to break the first team a regular I'd imagine, but he should slip seemlessly into there club culture and football system.

I wonder though, will PSV try to replace Afellay and sign a player or two during the window?

I wonder though, will PSV try to replace Afellay and sign a player or two during the window?

Probably they will but hopefully they will sign a RB not an attacking mid. I think we could see Atiba gradually getting more playing time in midfield soon so they can judge if he can replace Afellay.

Probably they will but hopefully they will sign a RB not an attacking mid. I think we could see Atiba gradually getting more playing time in midfield soon so they can judge if he can replace Afellay.

But it seems the right back that Hutch took over for was actually a really good player last season... who knows maybe they want Hutch to take Affelay's position

But it seems the right back that Hutch took over for was actually a really good player last season... who knows maybe they want Hutch to take Affelay's position

Hutch was signed over the summer with the expectation that Afellay would have moved already in August. They may bring someone in over the January window, but I believe the club has confidence in him.

An amazing day of good news for Hutch, the transfer of Afellay to Barcelona was announced today so hopefully he moves back to midfield for PSV.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=842973&sec=transfers&cc=5901

And for all Barcelona and Canada fans. Though I don't think Atiba is anywhere near Affelay's flair, he may be as efficient for a team like PSV.

What gets me is that you hear these reports from Denmark for years, maybe see the odd Copenhagen game in Europe, but you have no idea. Not a clue that Hutch was in there amongst the most rated players in Denmark, that is really amazing I'd say. PSV also doing very well this year.

As much as Holland is a good league, it would be great if Atiba could swing just one more major contract in one of the big four leagues before nearing retirement.

I bet Affelay plays from the start, maybe not always, but a lot. One reason is because Xavi has achilles tendon problems, needs more rest, and Affelay is the "Cesc" type player at about 5% of the cost that can take up that role, to a point. He is also a bit like Iniesta, but has more goal (Andrés only scores in key moments, in between not a thing). Has a long shot, has both feet. Technically a good signing for us.

What we need now is some really good news of the type that JDG2 commits to Canada.

I bet Affelay plays from the start, maybe not always, but a lot. One reason is because Xavi has achilles tendon problems, needs more rest, and Affelay is the "Cesc" type player at about 5% of the cost that can take up that role, to a point. He is also a bit like Iniesta, but has more goal (Andrés only scores in key moments, in between not a thing). Has a long shot, has both feet. Technically a good signing for us.

What we need now is some really good news of the type that JDG2 commits to Canada.

... and with Affelay going head to head in La Liga with JDG2 maybe some clarity to JDG2's ranking might nudge him our way?

this news hasn't been published by any major Canadian news outlet... the fact that BC Soccer Web (http://bcsoccerweb.com/) is linking a freaking CHINESE news site shows just how bad the situation is when it comes to soccer journalism in this country.

if CSA had any brains they'd be marketing the fact that we have a player who won (in N.American terms) league MVP honours in a good European League and now playing for arguably one of the big clubs in Europe. you would think player recognition might be a useful thing when promoting the national team and program, not just from the standpoint of building a fanbase but also attracting sponsorship opportunities. then again, what else is new?

this news hasn't been published by any major Canadian news outlet... the fact that BC Soccer Web (http://bcsoccerweb.com/) is linking a freaking CHINESE news site shows just how bad the situation is when it comes to soccer journalism in this country.

if CSA had any brains they'd be marketing the fact that we have a player who won (in N.American terms) league MVP honours in a good European League and now playing for arguably one of the big clubs in Europe. you would think player recognition might be a useful thing when promoting the national team and program, not just from the standpoint of building a fanbase but also attracting sponsorship opportunities. then again, what else is new?

Yeah, definitely

Archived