FC Edmonton - Edmonton Supporters Group Discussion

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Soooooo i got bored… and though about ESG's crest. Currently a work in progress, so please let me know what you guys think.

5593196993_eb0e8d1b9c.jpg

I know you are a graphic designer, and Nathan is a drawing machine, maybe he can get to a scanner and let you clean up and add depth to some of those as well?

The one you have right now is perfect for something I was talking to Andrew about. I asked id The Fath company that does signs could screen print onto a giant blue tarp for us. And that ESG circle you made would look great on a giant blue tarp.

I know you are a graphic designer, and Nathan is a drawing machine, maybe he can get to a scanner and let you clean up and add depth to some of those as well?

The one you have right now is perfect for something I was talking to Andrew about. I asked id The Fath company that does signs could screen print onto a giant blue tarp for us. And that ESG circle you made would look great on a giant blue tarp.

You had me at screen print… if we like these guys and each other enough we might even get these tattooed.

As for depth, I agree that it looks a little flat and I've thought about adding another color (red maple leaf? black outline around the main circle?). But you are bang on how the one-color allows this to be applied to many things very easily and it costs less… But I think you know this, I think you mentioned to me that work for Douglas Printing right?

Before I forget, jedinathan has some nice logos he drew up as well. Nathan, if you get em to me, I can scan them at work. If you need other stuff scanned, let me know.

For sure man. There actually in my work folder, so if you want to meet up before Saturday's game I can drop them off. PM me and I can give you my cell number.

I like the logo that's up here, especially the one with the text around it. Simple and to the point!

You had me at screen print? if we like these guys and each other enough we might even get these tattooed.

As for depth, I agree that it looks a little flat and I've thought about adding another color (red maple leaf? black outline around the main circle?). But you are bang on how the one-color allows this to be applied to many things very easily and it costs less? But I think you know this, I think you mentioned to me that work for Douglas Printing right?

He doesn't work there anymore.. But HELL YA I'm down for a tattoo.. One more thing to add into my sleeve/chest piece!

alright… i added a hint of red. I feel that the maple leaf on the left one takes away too much from the 'ESG' itself, so i thought to leave it white. The red outer circle makes the crest reminiscent of the current Oilers logo, and let's not talk about what the white maple leaf w/ the blue background reminds us of.

5595184001_9c1f0841b9_b.jpg

From the teams Facebook page:

Sports Central Bar and Grill is the new host pub for FC Edmonton! Located at 9221-34 Avenue this will be the premier hangout spot for FC Edmonton fans! We will be streaming the game live on the big screen this Saturday at 5:30, as well as hosting many other events throughout the season! Hope to see you there!

Hopefully everyone can make it!

From the teams Facebook page:

Sports Central Bar and Grill is the new host pub for FC Edmonton! Located at 9221-34 Avenue this will be the premier hangout spot for FC Edmonton fans! We will be streaming the game live on the big screen this Saturday at 5:30, as well as hosting many other events throughout the season! Hope to see you there!

Hopefully everyone can make it!

We'll be there! I like this choice.. Its right by my house, and by one of my jobs. What time are people planning to be there?

From the story on the web... Nutralie then Herbalife.... what is it Terry.

[quoteWith FC Edmonton playing in the Nutralite Cup series against MLS Toronto FC and both legs being shown on Sportsnet, there's value there for Sears in the beginning and the deal is designed to grow as the team grows.

The first game of the Herbalife Canadian pro team tournament, (which also features the Whitecaps vs NASL Montreal Impact in the other series with the winners meeting to represent Canada in CONCACAF team competition) is April 27 in Commonwealth Stadium.

Guest Enceladus09

I know I am a little behind but I was hoping to get some info about FC Edmonton and the ESG.

I am a huge football fan in Edmonton and spent a good amount of time at E&C (I was the one in the Bayern Munich shirt) but really did not like the fact we didn’t have any high quality live football in Edmonton. The more I look into FC Edmonton the more amped up I get but also the more confused I find myself. What kind support does this team get from ownership or the general public and why is there no advertisement out there for this upcoming match? I am tired of being asked what an FC Edmonton is… I have purchased my tickets for the upcoming match but what can I realistically expect? Would a one goal difference be a good expectation against a MLS club? Or will we beat Toronto FC by more then that?

Also, does the ESG have any official ties with the club? Do you have an official charter and registration or is this a show up, have fun and chant kind of deal (with beer)?

Hey Enceladus,

This is the first (competitive) year for the club, and support for the club is in its infancy. We (the ESG) are trying to get the word out to everyone we know to come join us and have a good time watching football over the summer. The club has started to market the match in bars around the city, I have seen posters at a number of bars as well as at the Mini World Cup at the Edmonton Soccer Centres.

In regards to your expectations for the TFC match, I'm not expecting us to win, but I expect us to put up a good fight. I would be ecstatic if we drew TFC at home.

We don't have any official ties in the sense of being recognized as the official supporters group, however we have continuous dialog with the club. We dont have any charter or registration at this point, its just a show up, bring your friends, have fun, drink lots and sing for 90 minutes, and piss off the oppositon type deal. Hope to see you out at the matches this year, and I'll let you know details in regards to the section we will be in at Commonwealth.

Guest Enceladus09

Thanks Shawn!

I suppose I am the eternal optimist when it comes to any of my clubs/teams (which I consider my home town club one of). I refuse to be objective when I am a fan!!

Seriously though, the ESG logo/emblem looks fantastic!

Archived