FC Edmonton - Edmonton Supporters Group Discussion

is this a show up, have fun and chant kind of deal (with beer)?

Some form of this should go on the crest. Especially the beer part.

As for the score, I'm waiting until I see the boys on the field before I make my expectations for the TFC game. Hopefully we can give them hell.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Shawn!

I suppose I am the eternal optimist when it comes to any of my clubs/teams (which I consider my home town club one of). I refuse to be objective when I am a fan!!

Seriously though, the ESG logo/emblem looks fantastic!

Speaking of optimism...

http://www.fcedmonton.com/fanzone/video

Note the quote about having 3000 seats sold. Hopefully the cameras will be pointing toward that stand and not the one on the other side, full of absent city officials.

whats up with that? I thought they said they had sold it out... That stadium looks like it holds WAY more than 3 grand...

I think they were refering to that side stand only, as sold out.

THe BIO for Lockhart is below;

Location 5201 NW 12th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309

Opened 1959

Owner City of Fort Lauderdale

Surface Grass

Construction cost $5 million USD renovation in 1998

Capacity 20,450

(Close to MLS standard?)

Huh. When they said sell-out, I assumed they meant the whole stadium (or at least more than one stand).

Speaking of looking like the stands are full, I'm curious about how they'll shoot the FCE games, and how that will look on the web.

Also, any word on who's doing the commentary?

Chomping at the bit, and expecting a good result. I'm amped and I'm sure a lot of the ESG is too... it was a long winter, and having an exhibition season last year only wetted our appetite!

EDIT: Hey something I forgot to pass onto the ESG when I sent the email yesterday... When I was looking for flags/supplies at that discount flag place, I found an old school Canada Scarf with the CSA logo on the ends. Pretty cool, and only $10. I have a picture that I'll try to get up sooner or later, especially if I go and get it.

Well It was a good game surprised how well the team played also the shots on net amazing!

The crowd that showed up at the bar was big and really got into the game I'm guessing next week same place? Has anyone else seen the bill boards across town FCE is getting really organized!

Watch the live feed at home with the anklebiters.

(suprisingly good -okay, fair quality)

What was the Make up the crowd at the Bar? Male/ Female ,young /old ?

Been trying to see what reaction was posted on the Club website, but as of yet its apparently down.

Too much to hope it crashed due to a flood of interest?

I couldn't make it out to the bar either... but I watched in on the live feed at home. I have to say, I'm very impressed by the overall play of the team. They held together as a unit quite well and that shot by Saiko was unstoppable.

Anyone remember how many games it took before the Aviators scored a goal? I think the first one was on a penalty.

Well done!

Hey everyone!

Interested in what you can tell me about Paul Craig so far. Since were on the other side of the country have't heard too much about the team in the past,

Paul's up on the roster . His bio is below.

http://www.fcedmonton.com/content/roster/Paul/Craig.

Didnt get to see a team list before the game though so i dont know if he made the squad for the first game. Anybody help?

Hi Folks! I'm a season ticket holder (one of the proud and few) but as I work for a political party I'm super busy during this election period and wasn't able to make it out to the pub last saturday. I won't be able to make it out to the next few games (most likely the TFC game either...) but after the May 2nd E-day I'll be around with bells on. So my question is... how do I 'sign up' for the ESG and where oh where can I find the lyrics to the songs you seem to have come up with already?

Welcome aboard hoppschwiiz. You have just signed up. The ESG can be found in one of the corners of the Gen Admission stand at Foote Field. We have no lyrics or set songs at this point, everything is just done on the fly at the point, so just bring your voice to the section and you will learn very very quickly.

See you at the stadium!

Welcome aboard hoppschwiiz. You have just signed up. The ESG can be found in one of the corners of the Gen Admission stand at Foote Field. We have no lyrics or set songs at this point, everything is just done on the fly at the point, so just bring your voice to the section and you will learn very very quickly.

See you at the stadium!

Everything as above. Hopefully we'll be easy to spot... Just look for the flags and a section of loud drunken fans.

Archived