FC Edmonton - Edmonton Supporters Group Discussion

Phew, Thats a relief. Probably explains why the shirts are off the United Cycle Website at the moment (well the last time I looked)

Agree with you (to some extent) Trident that the original shirts looked a bit temporary (and a tad bit naff); But as I'm on a "self imposed" boycott of all things that bankroll 'Mr Suspenders' tenure at the head Of FIFA. I would hate to have been conficted in the persuit of sartorial Elegance.

I would stress however that my refusal to drink Budwiser has nothing to do with their involvement with FIFA's head honchos.;)

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Following on regarding the Adelaide United shirt. They have a red one but they also have this one. Well, what not to like about this?

Even the Beers Stonkingly Good!

post-4137-139465253102_thumb.jpg

If its anything like this, the Faths will deserve Knighthoods for services to taste (both visual and gastranomical) and football.

So sayeth Mrs AW anyway.

Haha well spotted! Growing up in Switzerland I was a big Grasshoppers fan (and that was tough, living in FC Luzern territory...) These days I mostly just follow the national team though. I've lived in Canada since 1993.

You just lost a swiss friend in joepaco with that admission of being a Grasshoppers fan.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys talking of Flags.

I wonder if anyone can spot the Idea for a FCE Specific Fan Flag in the appended Video.

http://www.footytube.com/video/adelaide-united-melbourne-victory-feb11-72814

Okay so apart from providing every one the enjoyment of seeing MV finally getting their 'come-upance' (as if any of you actually care) about 6:53 -7:00 mins in did you see the Australian National flag that that one of the croweaters was waving around? Instead of the standard blue 'field colour' the flag was identical but in RED!

How about the ESG go for a Canadian flag, but transposed the Red Panels and the Leaf to Edmonton Blue?

(I'm assuming that dosen't consitute a crimnal act by the way).

Another thing to note guys, Over 20,000 turned up at a Cricket Ground to watch that match (Hindmarsh the home stadium only holds 15,500). Technically an inappropriate space to watch soccer, but Crikey! what a noise!

How about the ESG go for a Canadian flag, but transposed the Red Panels and the Leaf to Edmonton Blue?

If the moron at every TFC game with the Marijuana Leaf Canadian flag -and every other jackass who has one up, come to think of it- doesn't get locked up, I think you guys will be fine.

I checked and there are no laws on the book regarding such use of the flag. I was planning (still am) to take a regular Canada flag and add "V H F C" in the four corners kinda like the way the English do with the Cross of St George and the club names.

The Independent Supporters' Council, which is a collective of soccer supporters' groups in the USA and Canada, is looking for an ESG liaison.

If someone is interested, they could do this by posting on this forum thread that they approve of the ISC Charter and Supporters' Bill of Rights, and will be ESG's liaison to the ISC.

A vote would then be held by current ISC members in terms of admitting ESG. (This is a formality; no group has yet been declined membership.) You would then be able to take part in votes, participate in the forums, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I checked and there are no laws on the book regarding such use of the flag. I was planning (still am) to take a regular Canada flag and add "V H F C" in the four corners kinda like the way the English do with the Cross of St George and the club names.

So if anyone want to make one of these there should be no problem then?

[ATTACH]319

Hey ! I'm Just an Ideas Man okay.;)

ESG FLAG.pdf

at the FC Edmonton forum, http://forums.fcedmonton.com/ , I posted some ideas for chants and stuff and was told to join this site.

I'm here and looking forward to a meeting of ESG members. I am not a soccer guy, hence the username, but as the ringleader of the Rush Bus to Calgary the past 5 years, if I know I'm surrounded by folks out to have a blast, I'm willing to try it.

at the FC Edmonton forum, http://forums.fcedmonton.com/ , I posted some ideas for chants and stuff and was told to join this site.

I'm here and looking forward to a meeting of ESG members. I am not a soccer guy, hence the username, but as the ringleader of the Rush Bus to Calgary the past 5 years, if I know I'm surrounded by folks out to have a blast, I'm willing to try it.

Honestly it will be guys like you (and me) who make up the majority of FCE fans in the coming year. Edmonton loves its sports, and the existing soccer fans might turn their nose up a bit for a while at a local product, so general sports fans are going to put butts in seats. I think soccer fans will come around though. I know if I lived in China, and I had a chance to see local hockey that I would go. It wouldn't be the NHL, KHL, or Swedish Elite League, but it would be hockey and I would be starved for live hockey. So I think the folks that like the big soccer leagues around the world will still come out, eventually.

Good to see that you made it on here notasoccerguy. Welcome!

As I posted on the forums at FCEdmonton.com, I agree, and think that people will come and enjoy the atmosphere. Thats the ESG's goal.

To Alberta white: I like it. I know Shawn has been talking about making one similar to the checkerboard banner that the Voyaguers have used for a long time, and I have some ideas (and more importantly, a wife who is willing to help!).

It wouldn't be the NHL, KHL, or Swedish Elite League, but it would be hockey and I would be starved for live hockey. .

Except that you can't reproduce the live experience of the level of soccer they're used to in such a small, open stadium. So they don't see it as the same at all. That's been one of the key problems at this level of years. People have higher expectations. It'll probably get the 2,500 a season it needs to be viable, but the club won't gain its real support base until it moves into its own place.

So if anyone want to make one of these there should be no problem then?

[ATTACH]319

Hey ! I'm Just an Ideas Man okay.;)

Love that flag. I'm on board to get it made - I know foreverthursday could probably shed some light on how we can get this done. Also, FCE's owners own a printing/signage company, I'm sure they could help as well.

Archived