FC Edmonton - Edmonton Supporters Group Discussion

any idea on tv coverage? I know it might be a bit much to expect much out here at least but off the top of my head there should be v-cup matches and games vs the impact on the src (I'm not bilingual but I can say src coverage is good from a visual point of view so). I'd make sure to get at least a token fce video made if I could get my hands on a result that first year (or if I get all the v-cup video's).

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty much just trying to make you feel better, with the number of teams and games in nasl, you might luck out and get more then 2 games on the src, there was a game at swangard on this year so a home game for you guys might get nation wide coverage.

I heard rumblings of the team trying to stream all matches on their website for the 2011 season, which would be nice. However, some local coverage, even on the Shaw cable channel (I have memories of watching local ball hockey during the dog days of summer on the Shaw channel).

Good call with the shaw... I think some other local options would be Omni or CityTV. I think that would be awesome to watch the games on. The web stream worked quite well for me last year, and hopefully it can be replicated this year. It would be nice to see some more youtube postings or a weekly special on the news or something would get the name out there as well. I think Juby hit it on the head with the broadcasting of the V-Cup games. It'd be nice to see at least one away game broadcast on a national level.

Good call with the shaw... I think some other local options would be Omni or CityTV. I think that would be awesome to watch the games on. The web stream worked quite well for me last year, and hopefully it can be replicated this year. It would be nice to see some more youtube postings or a weekly special on the news or something would get the name out there as well. I think Juby hit it on the head with the broadcasting of the V-Cup games. It'd be nice to see at least one away game broadcast on a national level.

If Edmonton is playing Toronto and Vancouver is playing Montreal, all games should be broadcast, but since it's Sportsnet, it might just be on Sportsnet Ontario and Sportsnet Pacific.

How insane would it be if you guys made the Champions League in your first real season??

feed. just don't expect anything spectacular as far as video coverage, because even for the Impact it was terrible last season:(

The one game that FCE broadcast wasn't bad... Just no commentary or posting of the game afterwards. It was decent quality (although the lines were hard to see, but they're hard to see anyways at Foote) and I had no freezes or glitches. Good audio of the field as well. The ESG really could be heard!

feed. just don't expect anything spectacular as far as video coverage, because even for the Impact it was terrible last season:(

That's actually the curse of Montreal. Fans of any other team get a huge treat when watching our stuff online. They can watch a pro feed, analysis, multiple angles(that don't suck), in English or French commentary.

But because every other team but us blows goats in terms of actual interest in the city, everything we watch away sucks.

So, for the Impact, it was amazing. For any other team, it was terrible.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got an few updates from Andreas over at FCE on their forum. Two big updates:

1) the team is working to find the supporters group a host pub

2) new website is coming "very soon" as well as nutrilite cup and regular season schedules Players will be announced as they sign. He has also passed along that there will be major announcements about the kits.

Please keep it Umbro...

Please keep it Umbro...

??

We'll, have you see what the Whitecaps 'new' (off the peg) Addidas offering looks like?

All I can say is you can put a pig in a dress..

but it's still a pig!:D

Personally I'd like to see either Grasshopper, Alleycat etc (for local involvement- similar to Adelaide United's new shirt with 'Coopers' on the Front) or one of the Oilsands Companys, which would make us look like were be taken seriously.

True , it might upset the greenies, but we play in Blue anyway so who cares?;)

The trend in the UK is for Dot Com sponsors.

Please keep it Umbro...

Please keep it Umbro...

??

We'll, have you see what the Whitecaps 'new' (off the peg) Addidas offering looks like?

All I can say is you can put a pig in a dress..

but it's still a pig!:D

Personally I'd like to see either Grasshopper, Alleycat etc (for local involvement- similar to Adelaide United's new shirt with 'Coopers' on the Front) or one of the Oilsands Companys, which would make us look like were be taken seriously.

True , it might upset the greenies, but we play in Blue anyway so who cares?;)

The trend in the UK is for Dot Com sponsors.

I'd personally rather my team play in an "off the rack of the quality of Vancouver's kits than the odd choice by FCE, it truly was an epitome of temporary solution.

Archived