FC Edmonton - Edmonton Supporters Group Discussion

I didn't even notice that they ran out of beer. We were sitting close to the aisle and were continuously having to get up until the game was nearly over to let people get by with their beer which leads me to another gripe - must have missed half the game due to the constant aisle traffic. Does anyone actually sit TF down and watch the bloody match!? I'd prefer terraces I think.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was wondering what is the nickname for the team because i was on the opposite side of the stadium and everyone was calling then "blue"

That was most likely inspiriing chants like "Let's go blue!" or "here we go, Edmonton, here we go <clap><clap>" :)

The "Eddies" seems to be catching on a bit... I'm thinking we should think up something clever for Eddy Sidra.

My personal favourite chants from the games are (in no particular order):

Stand UP for the Boys in Blue

<repeat over and over>

We Love You, We Love You, We Love You,

And where you go we'll follow... we'll follow, we'll follow

'cause we are your supporters... supporters, supporters

And that's the was like it... we like it, we like it...

Whoah oh oh ah! (start spinning scarves)

The best on of the night though (sung to "That's Amore")

When your teams suck at SPORTS,

and you think you're New YORK... You're TORONTO~!

That was most likely inspiriing chants like "Let's go blue!" or "here we go, Edmonton, here we go <clap><clap>" :)

The "Eddies" seems to be catching on a bit... I'm thinking we should think up something clever for Eddy Sidra.

My personal favourite chants from the games are (in no particular order):

Stand UP for the Boys in Blue

<repeat over and over>

We Love You, We Love You, We Love You,

And where you go we'll follow... we'll follow, we'll follow

'cause we are your supporters... supporters, supporters

And that's the was like it... we like it, we like it...

Whoah oh oh ah! (start spinning scarves)

The best on of the night though (sung to "That's Amore")

When your teams suck at SPORTS,

and you think you're New YORK... You're TORONTO~!

another Amore number for Sunday...

"When the ball hits your eye,

Like a big Poutine Pie,

C'est Le impact,

When the ball hits your head,

and your sat in Row Z

C'est Le Impact.

(apologies for the cod french, but it has to work to the meter right?)

Also any Chance that on the 23 minute, In Honour of Shaun's unfortunate early bath on Wednesday were raise a chant of ...

Pshy-co,

Pshy-co, repeat till you get board

Subtitue Psycho for Saiko. get it?

I'm sure Stuart Piece won't mind too much.

another Amore number for Sunday...

"When the ball hits your eye,

Like a big Poutine Pie,

C'est Le impact,

When the ball hits your head,

and your sat in Row Z

C'est Le Impact.

(apologies for the cod french, but it has to work to the meter right?)

Also any Chance that on the 23 minute, In Honour of Shaun's unfortunate early bath on Wednesday were raise a chant of ...

Pshy-co,

Pshy-co, repeat till you get board

Subtitue Psycho for Saiko. get it?

I'm sure Stuart Piece won't mind too much.

Priceless stuff White, love it.

This may be a little off the wall and topic but is anyone else getting tired of hearing about how FCE needs to model themselves after [insert Canadian team name here]? I apprectiate the press but all the press I've read lately has been about how commonwealth is too big (no kidding! Don't fault the owners, they would have sold out foote if they could have!) and how they need to build their own stadium. Yes. The team needs to build a stadium but why would they do that in year two? How many years did Montreal play before building theirs?

And end rant. That'll teach me to stay up top 3:30 making banners.

This may be a little off the wall and topic but is anyone else getting tired of hearing about how FCE needs to model themselves after [insert Canadian team name here]? I apprectiate the press but all the press I've read lately has been about how commonwealth is too big (no kidding! Don't fault the owners, they would have sold out foote if they could have!) and how they need to build their own stadium. Yes. The team needs to build a stadium but why would they do that in year two? How many years did Montreal play before building theirs?

And end rant. That'll teach me to stay up top 3:30 making banners.

Well, they do. 2 of the three clubs provide a good look at how teams last and build over time, and 1 showed how marketing to make it cool among those who otherwise weren't attending local games, which provided early success with fans.

I think jedinathan is trying to make the point that you can't just airlift the exact same things that worked for Vancouver and Montreal into the Edmonton situation. However, I do agree that they've set the general road map to follow. I think that's somewhat the same for the fan groups as well. I'm too much of a Voyageur to trash-talk the other supporter groups much past gameday... The ESG has already made some linkages with the Ultras and the Red Patch Boys and I hope we can continue.

It is rather silly for people to keep mentioning that the team needs a new stadium... but it is a chicken and the egg situation. You won't get a lot of fans out to the games until you can build a soccer stadium atmosphere... but how sound financially is it to build a stadium before there are lots of fans coming out to the games. It needs to be done, and it needs to be modular with future expansion in mind.

What I'm REALLY getting sick of is Terry Jones telling everyone how much the Eddies have spent up until now. I'm not sure if we're supposed to be impressed or just embarrassed at their foolishness. I'd much rather we concentrate on the on-field storyline.

I think that's somewhat the same for the fan groups as well. I'm too much of a Voyageur to trash-talk the other supporter groups much past gameday... The ESG has already made some linkages with the Ultras and the Red Patch Boys and I hope we can continue.

Well, no one honestly expects you to be a group that impresses, like NEE/UM02, but I can see you as an inbetween of the A-for-effort-and-not-much-else Southsiders, and the impressive groups.

You most likely won't be the most embarrassing.

So FCE left Baart, Lemire and Siako at home for the trip to TO... But they flew Siako out for the games in Atlanta. Interesting choice. Wonder if they'll fly out the other two after the Atlanta game, or if they'll be facing some more times at home. Apparently the league was looking at further action, but has elected not to suspend/fine them anymore.

I think with Baart and Lemire... it's a combination of not wanting to take the chance of flying two players who might face further suspension, coupled with the chance to "teach them a lesson" and save a little cash at the same time. I can't say I disagree with them either. Baart might need a chance to "get hungry" for his position again. Considering he's a "high priced European veteran" up until now there's been no question about who would start... maybe he needs to remember that you're only as good as your last game again. As for Lemire... a little "cool off" period might be in order. He DID look like he was going to punch the ref... of course I thought River_City might as well~

thanks for the heads up... I knew they were going to start broadcasting them, but I want to hear a) the commentary and B) how River_city, Foreverthursday, your and my voices stand up in the crowd.

I hope it doesn't catch my humble suggestion that the ref (screw) a rake, after the two red cards.

Good News!

CBC Edmontons drive time show, Radio Active did a peice on Minor League Summer Sports with the highlight on "How Should FC Edmonton promote itself in Hocky obsessed Oiltown"

Bad News...

I knew it was going to be irritating as soon as the word Franchise was mentioned.

Anyway the basiclly wheeled on the Phys Ed and Economics tutor from the UofA., who basiclly dismissed all sports in Edmonton that were not Oilers or Eskimos as low quality.

Apparently a couple of meaningless pre-season Friendlies with David Beckham's involvement pass for Quality/ competative Soccer?"

Anyway after cogitating over the Energy and Capitals approach to Marketing.

We go the pay off.

Kids play Soccer so Mums and Dads should take them!

NO **** SHERLOCK! Where did you pick that economic model up from? Mel K's back pocket as he was leaving.

It was obvious from the start that he was handed his breif about 0 mins before he came on air.

I appreciate it might be the local CBC trying to get the word around but after the Montreal debarcle. do we really want more of the MOM-POP senario.

Kids turn up. love the game. Mom gets upset at all the rude words and goes and tells the rest of the Moms what a horrible time she had. Next thing we know the GA will have a reputation worse than that of Chez Pierre!( Its a downtown bar for those of you from out of town)

If anyone at the U of A is in this guy as a tutor please enlighten him that Soccers not a hotdog fest for kids where some nice young men pass around a pigs bladder for 90mins.

Its a stress inducing pain in the guts. That is, until we score. Then its a laugh at the oposition for not been 'Pro-Enough" to have a shirt sponsor-hotdog fest for kids. So long as they make sure that mom brings her earplugs!

Honestly to God! I hope someone knows where JLoome Lives. If you do you better make sure he wasn't listening and didn't choke on his own bile and strangled laughter!

Guest Enceladus09

Although I know that you probably aren't on this forum, I would like to give my compliments to the guy wearing the FC Edmonton scarf at the concert on Friday just in case you are a member of ESG. I was going to get your attention but was in line for t-shirts. That was the first time I saw any merch outside of Foote (besides myself at work) and it was nice to see.

Although I know that you probably aren't on this forum, I would like to give my compliments to the guy wearing the FC Edmonton scarf at the concert on Friday just in case you are a member of ESG. I was going to get your attention but was in line for t-shirts. That was the first time I saw any merch outside of Foote (besides myself at work) and it was nice to see.

THAT IS AWESOME! I'm so glad to hear that the merch is making it out there. I was wearing my jersey today (and was out in it on Friday) have gotten a few comments. I'm so excited for the day when you see them like you do Oilers jerseys around this city. BTW saw most of the merch today, its such an upgrade from last year. Can't wait to pick up the new scarf on Monday.

Good News!

CBC Edmontons drive time show, Radio Active did a peice on Minor League Summer Sports with the highlight on "How Should FC Edmonton promote itself in Hocky obsessed Oiltown"

Bad News...

I knew it was going to be irritating as soon as the word Franchise was mentioned.

Anyway the basiclly wheeled on the Phys Ed and Economics tutor from the UofA., who basiclly dismissed all sports in Edmonton that were not Oilers or Eskimos as low quality.

Apparently a couple of meaningless pre-season Friendlies with David Beckham's involvement pass for Quality/ competative Soccer?"

Anyway after cogitating over the Energy and Capitals approach to Marketing.

We go the pay off.

Kids play Soccer so Mums and Dads should take them!

NO **** SHERLOCK! Where did you pick that economic model up from? Mel K's back pocket as he was leaving.

It was obvious from the start that he was handed his breif about 0 mins before he came on air.

I appreciate it might be the local CBC trying to get the word around but after the Montreal debarcle. do we really want more of the MOM-POP senario.

Kids turn up. love the game. Mom gets upset at all the rude words and goes and tells the rest of the Moms what a horrible time she had. Next thing we know the GA will have a reputation worse than that of Chez Pierre!( Its a downtown bar for those of you from out of town)

If anyone at the U of A is in this guy as a tutor please enlighten him that Soccers not a hotdog fest for kids where some nice young men pass around a pigs bladder for 90mins.

Its a stress inducing pain in the guts. That is, until we score. Then its a laugh at the oposition for not been 'Pro-Enough" to have a shirt sponsor-hotdog fest for kids. So long as they make sure that mom brings her earplugs!

Honestly to God! I hope someone knows where JLoome Lives. If you do you better make sure he wasn't listening and didn't choke on his own bile and strangled laughter!

LOL. Yep, that wouldn't have been pretty.

So just a quick little note for those in the ESG (or in Edmonton and are anti-FCE but still are interested): Some of us have been talking about doing a bit of a donation drive for the game on Monday to help those effected by the Slave Lake fires. If there is any feedback, offers of help, or offers of whatever, please let me know!

EDIT: Just talked to the club, they're also doing a drive, so the ESG will just piggy-back off of the club's drive.

Archived