Sunday, Apr. 18 - TFC @ Colorado

Tuscan

TFC finally manage to come off the pitch as winners, albeit against the expansion Philly Union. Philly has been playing decently their last few matches, so people shouldn't take the win over them at less than face value as a win over any other MLS side.

Colorado, if their supporters care that much, has been TFC trading partner throughout the entire offseason. Marvel Wynn went to Commerce City, while Nic LaBrocca left colorado for TFC in the same trade. Other transfers have happened between the two, someone fill that in for me please.

Webstream: Both www.myp2p.eu and www.atdhe.net appear to have streams for this game. Kick off is at 5:00pm ET, you do the math.

I've noticed that streams for the MLS games have been tougher to come by these first few weeks, compared to the end of the season last year. Anyone know of a GolTV Canada stream? I'd prefer to not have to listen to the terrible commentators from the Colorado feed.

Prediction: TFC will earn a draw in this one. They will be surprisingly defensively sound, only succumbing to a single Omar Cummings break in the second half. They might even open the scoring as well. If TFC scores, it will be yet another for DeRo, who is absolutely on fire right now. He and Edson Buddle are going to be neck and neck for this season's scoring title (thank god I have both on my fantasy team :D).

Thanks Ref, nice call...1-0 Colorado after Adrian Cann gets called for a handball in the box. Cann slipped after getting deaked out by Cummings, then the ball actually hit him in the forehead which is what prevented it from going past him. Maybe a bit forunate to get his head on it, but still a bull**** call.

It had to be said, Cronin has looked like total **** so far this season. Not to mention, that wasn't the first time Jules has looked pissed at one of his teammates today...

2nd half started, TFC possessing the ball a little more and trying to build up more patiently...

^ I meant Sam Cronin is awesome, best game he has played this year ;)

What did JDG just do, what the hell was he thinking. I've never seen that before he was the only one who jumps and out of the way? Everyone else in the wall just shrugs at JDG. Why is he even in the wall, lol that was a joke.

Seriously JDG should be subbed out, because of that gutless move. I'm livid with how that Free Kick unfolded.

Not the prettiest game to watch...but nice to be able to follow a bunch of Canucks relatively painlessly (if you can call watching this TFC side painless).

How much longer before JDG gets really heavily criticized by practically everyone involved? I for one am worried about his career path, as he doen't look great at all, looks unhappy and frustrated.

Geez, this ref should be doing CONCACAF WCQ matches.

Good luck with that ten year development plan, TFC. Back to the drawing board, I guess.

How much longer before JDG gets really heavily criticized by practically everyone involved? I for one am worried about his career path, as he doen't look great at all, looks unhappy and frustrated.

Well to me this proves this is his correct career path, you need to be able to make a greater impact at this level before you can think of La Liga and EPL . He has a chance with the club to be the go to player but unfortunately, I dont think that he has stepped up to the challenge and that goal on the FK tells you something. Thats not saying that he has played poorly overall since his arrival, its just that I was expecting more especially from a Designated player. I dont think that he is comfortable or used to being the player that everyone's eyes are focused on. As far as Canada, this is something that we have been lacking for many years, namely, the player or players who are comfortable in that role. He looked best when working with Guevarra in MF.

The four years since we have been watching MLS and TFC have been the best diagnosis that I have ever had for our national teams.

Oh...and how much longer can a club exist in Colorado if you can't get fans out to a game on a beautiful Sunday afternoon?

Looks grim in broadcasts no question but I think the near side stand tends to be much fuller than the far side so it isn't quite as bad as it looks.

TFC are much less fun to watch without the likes of Guevara and Vitti but hopefully they'll be able to grind out more results as the season unfolds.

TFC looked better today.

The gift goal on the handball call against Cann

The gift goal on Casey backing into the defender and knocking them both over.

For TFC fans you can look on the bright side, at least you now have a defense that can pass back to the goalie without giving up breakaway chances.

Better luck next game.

Well i thought this was out "best" game yet this year. But overall this team is simply terrible.

Too many weaknesses to touch on in one post, but mainly I'll say that 90% of this team is utterly useless going forward. Good luck trying to score when you've dedicated the majority of you team to grinders who do nothing but hustle.

Yes JDG's "don't let it hit me" wall positioning was atrocious, and hopefully he won't let it phase him. If you remove that incident from the match, I'd like to say that JDG's play was brilliant aside from one really bad give-away in midfield that led to a goal. His ability to strip players of the ball time and time again is amazing, and he pulled the pin on the set-up for Cronin getting taken down in the box.

Wow... people really do focus on nothing but the negatives for TFC. I mean, when Garcia is in the defense, I can see where the negatives would come from, but this wasn't a horrible performance by TFC today, and I expected them to come away with at least a point after they tied it up. Colorado was doing a whole pile of nothing until the free kick goal.

In defense of Jonathan De Guzman, there is no way he was trying to avoid being hit on that play. It was stupid but it wasn't cowardly. It looked like he correctly predicted where the shooter was aiming for (far corner) and tried to be the hero and leap out at it. Of course the shooter miss-hit it and put the ball right into the wall, where De Guzman should have been. It was idiotic no doubt, but there is no way De Guzman jumped that aggressively just to avoid being hit.

Besides that, what a boring game.

Not so sure on that. Jumping straight up I could accept that explanation but off to the side leaving a gap in the wall makes it a bit of a stretch. Preki's postgame comments made it clear that JDG wasn't supposed to be in the wall in the first place and Usanov also wasn't supposed to be marking Conor Casey on the freekick that led to the second penalty. TFC training sessions probably won't be a fun place to be this week.

Well i thought this was out "best" game yet this year. But overall this team is simply terrible.

Too many weaknesses to touch on in one post, but mainly I'll say that 90% of this team is utterly useless going forward.

On the bright side there was a strong 20 minute spell at the start of the second half where they were routinely stringing 15 to 20 short passes together. Come June July and August that will make a difference if they can put it together for closer to the full 90. Utterly useless was having a player like Ronnie O'Brien or Amado Guevara spending most of their time looking up at long balls sailing over their head towards a spectacular non-talent like Andrea Lombardo or Jarrod Smith. There have been far worse performances than today's in previous season's in my opinion.

Archived