Rumour - Ecuador playing in Toronto in May

nfitz

Last Friday someone on Big Soccer mentioned that there were rumours in Ecuador that there were rumours of a May friendly in Toronto, possibly between May 8th and May 15th.

And on Saturday there was an article on goal.com that said Ecuador was possibly coming to Toronto in May after playing in New York City.

I wonder if there is any truth to these rumours?

I hope this is true. Ecuador would be an excellent opponent for us and it would be nice if we could play more than one game (Argentina) prior to the WC.

oh okay, thats good, thanks for the clarification!

It's ok. I had the same reflex as you when I read the title of this thread and was expecting an Ecuador vs Bhutan matchup at BMO but then realized they would play Canada if it happened.

Another article from Ecuador

http://www.ecuagol.com/ecuagol/content/news.php?PageIndex=09e2cca9-Ed63-4923-9c14-b3f53026a488&newsID=22040

Google Translated

The president of the Ecuadorian Football Federation (FEF), Luis Chiriboga, spoke to several news media Wednesday to publicize the third Ecuadorian friendly selection would be practically defined.

For the owner of the Ecuafútbol, the selection has a great team and under the command of the designated coach, Sixto Vizuete, will participate in three friendlies since 16 May. Two of them have already confirmed date and was able to meet the match for the Tecer.

"We have a great selection of Ecuador, with our technical manager Sixto Vizuete, will go on May 16 against South Korea in Seoul on May 27 in New York to Mexico and possibly Canada," were the words of chief executive of the FEF .

As had been advanced some time ago, the national soccer team of seniors, will play May 16 against South Korea in Seoul. Then he presented in New York to Mexico on 27 March.

The third party would be combined native to Canada, said the same owner of the Ecuafútbol this afternoon. The game was the play in the city of Toronto but still not managed a date.

Another article from Ecuador

http://www.ecuagol.com/ecuagol/content/news.php?PageIndex=09e2cca9-Ed63-4923-9c14-b3f53026a488&newsID=22040

Google Translated

The president of the Ecuadorian Football Federation (FEF), Luis Chiriboga, spoke to several news media Wednesday to publicize the third Ecuadorian friendly selection would be practically defined.

For the owner of the Ecuafútbol, the selection has a great team and under the command of the designated coach, Sixto Vizuete, will participate in three friendlies since 16 May. Two of them have already confirmed date and was able to meet the match for the Tecer.

"We have a great selection of Ecuador, with our technical manager Sixto Vizuete, will go on May 16 against South Korea in Seoul on May 27 in New York to Mexico and possibly Canada," were the words of chief executive of the FEF .

As had been advanced some time ago, the national soccer team of seniors, will play May 16 against South Korea in Seoul. Then he presented in New York to Mexico on 27 March.

The third party would be combined native to Canada, said the same owner of the Ecuafútbol this afternoon. The game was the play in the city of Toronto but still not managed a date.

So Ecuador are already playing on the 16th in Seoul. If we play them in Toronto between May 8th and 15th it will have to be mid-week since TFC play Chicago at BMO on May 8th. Perhaps we'll play them on Tues. or Wed. May 11th/12th before they fly out to S. Korea?

So Ecuador are already playing on the 16th in Seoul. If we play them in Toronto between May 8th and 15th it will have to be mid-week since TFC play Chicago at BMO on May 8th. Perhaps we'll play them on Tues. or Wed. May 11th/12th before they fly out to S. Korea?
If it were to happen, that would make sense. Though given Canada is now playing on the 24th and 29th in South America, then surely a 3-week camp is unlikely. And only a month seems like short notice.

Perhaps they'll play TFC for the Carlsberg Cup! :-)

That article states that Ecuador are playing Mexico in New York on May 7th:

"El 7 de mayo próximo Ecuador medirá a México, en Nueva York, el 11 a Canadá, en Toronto y el 16 a Corea del Sur, en Seúl."

May 11th is the day before the Impact-TFC match in Montreal. I wonder how that will effect the selection of JDG, DeRo, Nana?

No North American players, so we'd have to assemble a European-only squad willing to go to Toronto, then Argentina, then Venezuela, then home?

I think we'll probably see some match-specific selections (i.e. some USSF-2 guys in Toronto, some elite Europeans taking only Argentina) and be disappointed in a lot of the names.

I looked at all the names on the CSA players pool and made a list of the players who’ll be available for those games (I assumed no MLS or NASL players will be available). Norway and Sweeden runs until May 24th so I don't expect players from those leagues to be available.

Keepers :

Wagenaar

Street (?)

Misiewicz

Defenders :

Edgar

Kluka

Straith

Mckenna

Stalteri

Hastings

Sidra

Midfielders

Peters

Bernier (unavaible until May 16th)

Hutchinson (unavaible until May 16th)

DeJong

JBB

Ledgerwood

Nakajima-Farran (unavaible until May 16th)

Radz

Simpson (unavaible until May 16th)

Wassey

Ribeiro (?)

Forwards:

Jackson

Friend

Gerba (?)

Ademolu (?)

Hume

Haber (?)

Ornoch