Rumour - Ecuador playing in Toronto in May

nfitz

^ Once the match is confirmed at BMO there will be lots of imfo on here about tickets! Usually the V's organize a section and we receive a good price on seats! Not sure how much they'll be but they are never expensive!

Well, this is a pickle. Impact-TFC on the Wed or Canada-Ecuador on the Tues? I might have to shelve my annual trip with the RPBs to Montreal.

5 or 6 years ago could you ever imagined the scenerio of so many live soccer matches to choose from?

5 or 6 years ago could you ever imagined the scenerio of so many live soccer matches to choose from?

Nope, not at all in Canada. I think the most refreshing aspect is to have Canada playing home matches now and with what I would consider pretty good quality opposition.

Huh? I'm walking by the CSA office on the way home. Maybe I should pop my head in and ask at the source. Someone at FIFA (or at least at their website) has jumped the gun?

It wouldn't be the first time FIFA has announced a friendly that won't happen.

Huh? I'm walking by the CSA office on the way home. Maybe I should pop my head in and ask at the source. Someone at FIFA (or at least at their website) has jumped the gun?

Please check... :( I spent all day getting excited about Klukowski vs. Valencia

If this does end up going through, Ecuador is expected to bring an all-domestic side to NYC for the Mexico game — so no Valencia. Ecuador's domestic side isn't that bad though. They have more domestic-based players than I thought.

The Canadian midfield would be shocking in that game though if the list Loyola posted is right. That is an awful lot of people unavailable from our midfield. The best we could probably cobble together is Peters, DeJong, Hume and Ledgerwood with two or three playing somewhat out of position?

Regardless I was thinking about going to the game.

I hope we can get a few of the NA-based players for the Argentina/Venezuela matches. Even if we get a couple for one match and a couple more for the other.

cheers,

matthew

From Ecuador FA website :

Guayaquil, abril 9).- El 27 de abril la Federación Ecuatoriana de Fútbol (FEF), dará a conocer la lista de los 18 jugadores convocados para los encuentros amistosos que se realizarán en el mes de mayo.

Inicialmente se encuentran confirmados los partidos ante México el 7 de mayo, en la ciudad de Nueva York en Estados Unidos, mientras que el 16 de mayo se jugará ante Corea del Sur en Seúl.

Existe la posibilidad de jugar un tercer encuentro entre el 7 y 16 de mayo, ante un rival por confirmar.

http://www.ecuafutbol.org/UI/detalle.aspx?seccion=1&categserie=7&nivel=0&subnivel=0&id=16589&tabla=N

A possible third friendly between Mexico match on May 7 and Korea match on May 16

Well, this is a pickle. Impact-TFC on the Wed or Canada-Ecuador on the Tues? I might have to shelve my annual trip with the RPBs to Montreal.

I've pretty much made up my mind for the Canada game...TFC is disillusioning me this year...but who knows, maybe they'll turn it around in late April and change my mind?

^ yes, I confirmed with the CSA that this was a complete non-story. No truth to it at all.

However, the CSA will be holding a press conference this week to make some MNT announcements. I plan to attend.

When is the conference I may want to go to?

Marco

Archived