Vancouver at Montreal Wednesday 20th (R)

One has to wonder what a few days between in the East will do to Vancouver after the loss at Rochester.

Montreal was firing on all cylinders in the second half agaist the Aztecs... so the fire power may well be there on Wednesay .. it could be long depressing night for the Lotus Eaters.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Trillium

One has to wonder what a few days between in the East will do to Vancouver after the loss at Rochester.

Montreal was firing on all cylinders in the second half agaist the Aztecs... so the fire power may well be there on Wednesay .. it could be long depressing night for the Lotus Eaters.

I'm betting the Caps start Orgill and play great like they did against Rochester except that they will finish their chances and beat Montreal 2-1 sinking the Impact's hopes of holding on to the Voyageur's Cup into the depths of the St Lawrence!! ;)

quote:Originally posted by Tuscan

As long as it doesn't end in a draw (which pretty much hands the competition to TFC) I'll be happy.

One draw would still keep things in play. So long as there is one win in the next two games TFC will need to earn it on the field against the team with four points. From a purly competitive perspective, however, what fans should hope for is a sweep by one of the two teams. Based on what I’ve seen so far this year that’s most likely to be Vancouver.

Two draws, of course, eliminates both teams.

Vancouver does look the better side from the games I've seen thus far this season.

That said, Montreal's players know what it takes to win in this competition. Looking forward to watching some games as a neutral.

Bad news for Impact fans: Joqueviel is out for at least 10 days, so he's gonna miss both games against the Caps :( . Looks like he strained his right leg. I'd put Braz at CB with Pizzo since he did pretty well vs. Austin (I'm surprising myself as I'm writing this...) and Gatti at RB, though I've got a feeling that MDS will start Sakuda. Gatti deserves to be in the starting eleven with the game he played Sunday and I think there's too many options available at MF, so I'd prefer to see Testo, Grande, Gjertsen and Brillant start at MF and sit Sakuda, who looks so-so to me. Oh, and Zanzan at LB, of course.

quote:Originally posted by the biologist

Bad news for Impact fans: Joqueviel is out for at least 10 days, so he's gonna miss both games against the Caps :( . Looks like he strained his right leg. I'd put Braz at CB with Pizzo since he did pretty well vs. Austin (I'm surprising myself as I'm writing this...) and Gatti at RB, though I've got a feeling that MDS will start Sakuda. Gatti deserves to be in the starting eleven with the game he played Sunday and I think there's too many options available at MF, so I'd prefer to see Testo, Grande, Gjertsen and Brillant start at MF and sit Sakuda, who looks so-so to me as for me. Oh, and Zanzan at LB, of course.

Testo can't play he got a red card vs TFC....i would start Deroux at midfield

quote:Originally posted by the biologist

Bad news for Impact fans: Joqueviel is out for at least 10 days, so he's gonna miss both games against the Caps :( . Looks like he strained his right leg. I'd put Braz at CB with Pizzo since he did pretty well vs. Austin (I'm surprising myself as I'm writing this...) and Gatti at RB, though I've got a feeling that MDS will start Sakuda. Gatti deserves to be in the starting eleven with the game he played Sunday and I think there's too many options available at MF, so I'd prefer to see Testo, Grande, Gjertsen and Brillant start at MF and sit Sakuda, who looks so-so to me. Oh, and Zanzan at LB, of course.

I Agree, Simon Gatti has earned a start with his play in recent games. That being said, here is my starting 11

<center>-------------------------Jordan--------------------------------------</center>

<center>----Gatti------Brazzer----Pizzolitto--------------Zan Zan------------</center>

<center>Donatelli-------Gjertsen--------Grande-------------Placentino</center>

<center>----------------------Brown-------Sebrango---------------------------</center>

^ On the basis of a one game performance ? Don't you forget how Jordan played at BMO ? And because it's a must win situation, I think experience can't be put aside just like that.

After all, why do you think MDS benched him Sunday ? Are you already trying to second-guess the new coach ? :D

quote:Originally posted by MTL_4_LIFE

I would start Djekanovic.

Djekanovic didn't really have much to do on Sunday. He handled a few balls into the box and a couple of corners well. He did spill one of them badly though managed to recover it. The game statistics said that he made two saves but I don't remember Austin having any decent or dangerous shots except for one that went over the net. All in all while it was a decent debut it was a very easy day at the office for any keeper. I will reserve my judgement on him until I see him in a game where he actually has to make some good saves.

Jordan looked shaky at the start of the season but has been good in his last two games. Like biologist, I think you have to go with experience and the guy who the team is used to playing with. Djekanovic will get his chances during the season. There were a couple of nice gestures from him though, giving the thumbs up to the Ultras when he went behind the net to collect a ball amd after the game giving his shirt to one of the Ultras.

Ill still say "Djekanovic". Maybe hes the guy whos going to change the Impact's season around.

Jordan, has done a lot for us. The game in TO in my opinion he was man of the match for MTL. Yes he was a little shaking at times but he did keep us in.

Wouldn't it be great if UM02 and the Southsiders could come together and watch these games. Like the VAN boys come to Montreal and also the other way around. But flights arent cheap.

Archived